Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - fireworks meeting

Sonadow-ness!

Chapter 1 - fireworks meeting

Chapter 1 - fireworks meeting
It''s been a couple of months since Ark and since Sonic had realized his true feeling for has dark counterpart, Shadow. When the dark hedgehog had fallen to the earth, Sonic was left in dismay. Soon though, Shadow found him and told him he was alive. That''s the last time Sonic had seen the hedgehog. Right now, he was running home from a long search, trying to find Shadow and invite him to come see some fireworks. Unfortunately, his search was a failure. When he had reached his home, all he wanted to do was rest for a while, but the gang dragged him out immediately to a large feild. It was about a half hour to the spectacular light show when Sonic drifted away. He slowly walked away until he ran into an old friend. Or better yet, tripped over, landing face first in the grass.

"Sorry." He sighed, not looking at the person and getting back up. He would have kept going if a familiar voice called his name. He looked back and saw a black hedgehog with red stripes, sitting with his legs extended in front of him.

"Shadow?!" Sonic said with a large smile.

"Hi, Sonic. What are you doing here?" He asked, looking up at the blue hedgehog.

"Everyone dragged me here to see the fireworks. What are you doing here?" He asked, sitting next to Shadow.

"I saw a large crowd of people here, so I wanted to see what was going on? I keep hearing that word. Fireworks, but I''m not quite sure what it means." He sighed. He felt kind of silly, sitting and waiting for something he had never heard of.

"They are these really cool lights and explosions in the sky! You''re going to love them!" Sonic said with a large smile, emphasizing by moving his hands about. Shadow chuckled lightly, noticing Sonic had almost fallen onto his side.

"Alright.. I beleive.." He started until a small rocket was shot into the sky. It exploded with a large ''bang'' and revealed red colored lights shooting around.

"See? That means that it''s not too long until they start to fire off." Sonic said, glad he was right about something for once.

"How long do you think?" Shadow asked, cocking his head to the side. Sonic thought that it made Shadow look really cute.

"Uh.. Maybe 5.. 10 minutes?" He said, a little unsure.

"Alright. So.. What have you been up to?" Shadow asked curiously. He hadn''t seen the hedgehog for months, and his secret was that he had harbourd a crush on his double.

"Not much. Spent the day looking for you though." He said with a small smile.

"Why? Why did you waste your whole day trying to find me?" He asked.

"Because.. I wanted you to come with us. I guess you can read minds or something.. Heh." He said, laughing slightly.

"Thanks." Shadow said, looking away. He was trying to hide the slight blush that had taken control of his muzzle.

"Wow. The sky got dark pretty fast." Sonic said looking up.

"Yea." Shadow said doing the same. He jumped slightly when a ''whiz'' sound was heard right before an explosion-lie noise and the sky filled with colorful lights. He calmed quickly and watched as one-by-one exploded into tiny little pieces and dimmed to nothingness.

Sonic didn''t exactly keep his eyes on the sky, but kept looking at Shadow. It made him feel warm inside that he was able to see Shadow genuinly smile.

A strong gust of wind suddenly began to blow, making the air colder then it was. It didn''t bother Shadow, but it made Sonic shiver. He ran his hands up and down his arms, but it was no use. To his suprise, Shadow inched closer and wrapped an arm around him.

"You are cold?" He asked, blushing lightly. He hadn''t been this close to anyone since he was with Maria.

Sonic only nodded, blushing as well. The two were thankful it was dark, so you couldn''t tell. His shivering stopped, but Shadow kept his hand running along Sonic''s left arm. Very slowly, hoping Shadow wouldn''t notice, He gently placed his head on Shadow''s shoulder. It took a while before Shadow actually noticed, but when he did, he smiled slightly and rested his head against Sonic''s.

The blue hedgehog could have melted into Shadow right then and there. He was finally so close to Shadow, something he had wanted for the past few months, and he didn''t mind! Sonic kept himself up by leaning against Shadow and on his right hand.

The dark hedgehog hadn''t noticed he slipped back slightly and that his right hand was on top of Sonic''s. He looked at Sonic and noticed the blue hedgehog looking at him.

"What are you looking at?" He asked in a whisper, but loud enough to hear over the loud noises.

"Uh.. I wanted to tell you something.." He said, trembling slightly. He knew now was the time to tell Shadow; that this might be his only oppertunity, but he was very afraid. To some, it seemed like he was brave and wasn''t scared easily, but the truth was, deep down, he was one of the most shyest people you could meet.

"What is it, Sonic?" Shadow asked. He noticed Sonic slight trembling and held him a little tighter.

"I.. Uh.. Nevermind." He sighed, looking down.

"Sonic.. What did you want to tell me?" Shadow asked again.

"I.. I can''t tell you.. It''s personal.." He sighed, hoping Shadow wouldn''t catch on.

"Is it about me?" Shadow asked. He didn''t know where this was going, but was going to.

"Eh.. Kinda.."

"Is.. It bad?" He asked, slightly sad.

"No, no, no!! It''s nothing like that! It''s just.. An emotion.." He said, looking back at Shadow.

''He spent the day looking for me, was over-excited to see me, lets me hug him, rests his head against my shoulder and doesn''t mind my hand on his..... Could he..?'' Shadow thought.

"Sonic.. Do.. You like me?" He asked.

"What kind of like?" He sighed, hanging his head. Shadow took his left hand and raised Sonic''s head so he could look into his eyes.

"Love?" He asked, starting deeply into the emerald jewels that reflected the colorful bursts of light, erupting in the sky.

"Y..Yea." He sighed, closing his eyes. He felt like Shadow was going to reject him; think him a freak! He wasn''t in the mood to watch fireworks or to be with anyone right now.

Shadow felt the happiest he had ever been. Even more happier then he was with Maria!

"Sonic.." He whispered, smiling widely. Sonic only opened his eyes and looked at him with a confused face, as to wondering why he was smiling.

"I like you, too." He whispered into his doubles ear. He then looked into Sonic''s desbeleiving eyes then quickly connected their lips for a breif moment, even though it felt like eternity. When he pulled away, he looked at Sonic with half closed eyes, then returning his gaze to the sky as the rockets'' speed rapidly increased.

"I love you so much Shadow." Sonic whispered, looking up at the sky as well.

About 5 minutes later, the show finally ended. Everyone got up and began to walk through the dark. Sonic and Shadow got up, hand in hand.

"Sonic! Where have you been?!" The two heard a familiar voice cry.

"It''s alright Tails. I was with Shadow." He said with a smile.

"Hello, Tails." Shadow said simply.

"Wow!! How have you been?!" He said with a large grin. He was glad that Sonic finally got to see Shadow again.

"I"m good. Well, I better be off. Goodbye!" He said starting to walk away.

"Shadow! W...Wait!" Sonic said running after him and leaving the young kitsune behind.

"Hm?" Shadow asked as he stopped and turned to face Sonic in the dark.

"I was just wondering...." He started, rubbing the back of his neck with his left hand.

"Sure.. You can come over for a little bit.. Follow me." He said taking Sonic''s right and contiuing to walk.

''What a great holiday.'' Both thought at the same time wit large smiles spread across their faces.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
A day late.. bite me.. (j/k)
Alright! one little, short story done! I feel so proud! I typed this in twenty minutes off the top of my head.. lol

Because I''m nice, if you want me to, I''ll add another chapter. I thought of doing something like this while watching fireworks.. lol. This is something to help me get over my writers block. Why else do you think I haven''t updated in a while.. lol

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment