Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Chapter: 2

This kinda came out of boredom, but it's not like... 2 sentences long.. trust me.. *sweatdrop*

The first chapter is (i think) very detailed, but don't expect another chapter to be so.. Descriptive..

Chapter 2 - Chapter: 2

Chapter 2 - Chapter: 2

Tails flew everyone back to their home before dropping off Sonic.


"Be careful, Sonic. Bye!" The yound kit yelled over the engines as he began to fly away in the Tornado.

"Bye!!" Sonic yelled as loud as he could. He turned back to his home and smiled widely. He was glad that he was back home, forgetting he would probably feel lonely within the hour. Sonic walked up to his door, went inside and started for his room. While walking down the hall though, his back was itching like crazy. He scratched at it, but it still itched. He scratched it again and the itching only got worse! He growled in frustration as he finally reached his room and sat on his bed. Slowly, Sonic took the bandages that were on him still off, then got up and walked in front of a mirror. He looked at his back and was suprised when he saw two sores! Each on one of his shoulder blades. There wasn''t any fur on the either.

"What the hell?!?" Sonic shouted loudly. He then reached his right hand back and quickly touched it, trying to see if it were real. Unfortunately when he did, the itching only intensified and he whined loudly. He began to scratch wildly at the two sores, but it only seemed to make them worse until they bled. He sighed when they began to bleed, because he felt much better. The itching had finally stopped. Sonic didn''t even care about the blood as he lied down on his bed and closed his eyes.

"Thank you for saving me, Shadow.." He whispered to no one as he drifted off to sleep.

-----

Sonic woke up quickly to his suprise. He felt like he could do anything! He quickly jumped off of his bed and ran out of the house, not even closing the door behind him. He had forgotten about the sores on his back, or the fact that they were bleeding as he ran. He closed his eyes again and relaxed in the feeling of the wind flowing freely through his fur. He felt like he could fly. After a moment though, he couldn''t feel the road beneath his feet! He opened his eyes and paniced as he found himself a few feet in the air. When he stopped trying to run, he fell back onto the ground, face first.

He sat up, rubbing his head when he felt something against his arm. Quickly, he turned his head and saw a large pair of wings behind him. They were a sleek blue with a few tan feathers here and there. He was wide eyed and speechless at the sight. Sonic shook his head and rubbed his eyes, trying to figure out if they were real. After a minute, they were still there! He didn''t beleive it. Sonic quickly pulled a feather out and yelped in pain. When he realized he had, he was in total shock. He stood up and looked around, noticing he was outside of the city.

"What the hell is going on?" Sonic sighed to himself. He then remembered that Knuckles had said that the chaos energy from the Master Emerald had affected his body somehow. "Gee.. Now I''m stuck with these.. Apparently they work.. But how?" He asked himself. He closed his eyes and thought of how he felt; feeling as if he could fly. Then, he didn''t feel the ground beneath his feet anymore once again and heard a slight beating. He quickly opened his eyes and found himself a few feet in the air again. He smiled widely as he looked at his wings as they moved up and down in a rythm.

He leaned forward slightly and found himself moving forward! He smiled widely as he thought of moving faster, making his wings work harder. The blue hedgehog was over joyed at this point, finally understanding why Tails was so obsessed with flying. Sonic didn''t realize it, but he was now flying over the ocean. When he opened his eyes and saw this, he paniced, losing his focus and falling. He fell into the water and began to sink slowly. He quickly began to run out of air, his eyes stinging thanks to the salt. His vision was rapidly beginning to darken and he could only hear something that resembled a splash before he fell into unconsiousness again.

 

-----

Sonic woke up again, but this time in a diffrent bed. One he wasn''t familiar with. He opened his eyes and found himself in a mid-sized bedroom. It was black with two windows, a small desk, a door, the bed he was lying in (Which was dressed in cotton blankets/sheets) and an all too familiar pair of shoes. Only one person had shoes like that. Shadow. His eyes widened. He didn''t want to see Shadow, not like this. He didn''t even know if it was Shadow that had saved him from drowning.

"How many times do I need to save you from drowning this week?" A deep voice asked calmly from the doorway. Sonic''s eyes quickly looked up to see a dark figure standing there. It was Shadow. His eyes were closed as he stood, his arms crossed and his left leg leaning against the doorway along with his torso. Sonic didn''t say anything. For some reason, he felt somewhat scared. Shadow opened his eyes and walked towards the blue hedgehog.

"So... How''d you get the wings?" Shadow asked curiously as he looked them over. The blue hedgehog only watched him for a moment before talking.

"Um.. I.. I''m not sure.." He said. He didn''t know what Shadow wanted or what he was going to do, so he watched him carefuly while sitting up.

Shadow only rolled rolled his eyes as he started for the bedroom''s door. "You are not confined to my bed. You may leave when ever you want, but if you want to stay here for a little while longer, I''ll be making something for you to eat." He said walking out of the room. Sonic was suprised at what Shadow had said. He was welcome? Sonic couldn''t beleive what had been going on. First Shadow saves his life.. Twice, then offers him something to eat! Sonic sat up sighing and shaking his head slightly when he saw his shoes on the floor next to him. He pushed the covers off of him and swung his legs off the edge of the bed. He got up, slid his shoes on then slowly made his way out of the room. The house was so clean! Nothing was out of place and everything blended. Sonic found the kitchen after a minute.

"Heya Sha.. Shadow?" He asked looking around. The only thing he saw was a bowl of soup and a note. He walked over curiously and picked up the note.

''After you finish, through the living room and in the back.''

Sonic only raised a brow as he put the note back on the table and sat down in front of the warm bowl. He picked up the spoon, making sure it was filled with soup and gently blew on it. He then began to eat quickly, wanting to see Shadow. When he finished, he put the bowl in the sink and followed the instrustions on the paper.

"Through the living room and in the back.." He whispered to himself. He walked through an ordinary living room and stopped when he came to a sliding, glass door. He gently opened it, walked out and closed it behind him. Sonic saw Shadow sitting on one of 2 chairs at a small table a faw feet away. He was leaning back with his feet on the table. Sonic walked over and sat in the other chair, looking at Shadow.

"You know you can get into alot of near death experiences within two days?" Shadow asked with a smirk, looking at the winged hedgehog. He was only joking, but it seemed that Sonic took the joke a little too seriously because he pouted, crossed his arms and looked away.

"Sheesh.. I was only kidding.." Shadow said, closing his eyes. This was a good thing for Sonic because he blushed lightly.

"So.. Why did you even save me?" Sonic asked, hoping the answer wasn''t so they could fight or something stupid like that. He didn''t get a response right away so he leaned back and looked at the sky, noticing that the sun was setting. He enjoyed to watch sunsets, but for some reason, he couldn''t find the time lately.

"I don''t know. I guess.. I felt like I had to." Shadow sighed with a slight shrug. The two times he saved Sonic, he had felt very good, like he was doing the right thing for once in his life. He opened his eyes and noticed Sonic looking at him, slightly confused.

"Never mind.. You should learn how to swim. I''m sure it would help... So.. How are you feeling?" He asked. Sonic was also suprised that Shadow cared about how he was! Something must have been going on.. Maybe a trick. He''d have to watch his back to make sure nothing was going on.

"I''m fine, thanks. So.. Since when are you so nice?" Sonic asked with a smile. Shadow only closed his eyes again. He shrugged slightly.

"I dunno." He muttered. His ears began to twitch rapidly and he sat up quickly. He looked around, as if trying to find something.

"What is it?" Sonic asked, standing up as well. If it was something bad, Sonic wanted to help. He owed alot to Shadow for everything he had done.

"It''s probably nothing, but I still need to check. Do you want to come?" He asked, turning towards Sonic. The blue hedgehog thought for a second, then nodded quietly. Shadow quickly began to run away from the house with Sonic close behind. The farther they went, the worse the scenery had gotten. It appeared that all the trees had died, all the grass was dead and the soil was dry. The two were running along a path until they came to a large set of stairs. They appeared to be quite old, but able to hold weight. Then, a mahogany colored hedgehog walked over to Shadow and Sonic.

"What are you doing here? It''s my turn this week.. Remember?" He asked, looking quite confused.

"I know. I thought I heard something." Shadow said as he started up the stairs.

"Who are you?" The unknown hedgehog asked Sonic.

"I''m Sonic." He said with a smile. He would have asked the other hedgehog the same question if he hadn''t made an interesting comment.

"Oh.. So you''re Sonic.. Shadow talks about you alot.." He said with a smile. He suddenly got hit hard in the head with a rock.

"Shut the hell up, Nari." Shadow growled as he continued up the large stairs. Shadow didn''t like when people talked about him, or what he talked about. Espsecially when it was about Sonic.

"Really? He talks about me?" Sonic asked in a whisper, not wanting the other to get in trouble. He wanted to know everything Shadow said about him, wether it was good or bad.

"Yea. He says that you''re really cool, nice, a smart-@$$.. Stuff like that. I''m Nari by the way." He said with a smile. Sonic was stunned. He couldn''t beleive Shadow would say all of those things about him! It was as if Shadow was a whole diffrent person with a diffrent attitude! Maybe Shadow considered him his friend then.. A hedgehog can dream, can''t he? Sonic noticed Shadow starting to walk back down the steps towards them.

"Alright.. What ever.." Shadow sighed. There wasn''t anything wrong or out of the ordinary. He wasn''t ususally wrong, but he knew when to admit defeat.

"Told ya. Me and Breaker will be over in a bit. Maybe Sonic can stick around?" He whispered into Shadow''s ear. Shadow stomped on his foot and began to walk again.

"Maybe.." He mumbled, just loud enough for Nari to hear. The mahognony hedgehog smiled widely. He enjoyed to get on Shadow''s nerves. It made him happy for some reason. Sonic only looked at him slightly confused, then back at Shadow.

"Go.. Me and my friend will be at Shadow''s in a little while." He said to Sonic, pushing him towards Shadow. Sonic nodded and walked quickly to catch up with Shadow. When he did, he slowed his pace so they could be walking together.

"What were you checking?" Sonic asked curiously. This place kind of creeps him out. Especially the sudden change of scenery.

"The Negative Emerald. More powerful then the Master Emerald on Angel Island." He said, not even taking a glance at the winged hedgehog who walked next to him.

"huh?" Sonic asked confused. What the hell is a ''Negative Emerald'' and how the hell is it stronger then the Master Emerald?

"I''ll explain it to you later.." Shadow replied quickly. That''s the last thing he said until they reached Shadow''s home.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment