Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Twilight

Just a little thing I wrote one day. I hope to add more chapters soon. It will contain a little shonen ai later in the story, so yeah.

Chapter 1 - Twilight

Chapter 1 - Twilight






A warm breeze danced around the young Keybearer, making his perpetually spiky hair sway in every direction. Sora closed his piercing blue eyes as he enjoyed the oceanic breeze. He breathed deeply through his nose and smelled the ever familiar, yet memory stirring smell of sea-salt and the wind. Sora sighed, and leaned against the trunk of the loan paopu tree that almost leaned over the water.





Sora cupped his hands behind his head and yawned. He then turned his head ever so slightly and cracked open one eye, to see a sunset that he had only seen hundreds of times before.





It was a glorious thing, though. Bright oranges and red splashed over the western sky, giving the island a glowing orange hue. The white-yellow sun slowly sank below the view of the tiny island. The sun sank lower, until it was entirely out of view, giving way to the twilight, or dusk as others call it. Sora gazed at the eastern sky, which was quickly darkening, then to the west, where the colors that had so beautifully decorated the sky only minutes ago, had begun to fade, then straight above him, where the rapidly fading twilight showed, Sora saw the same mysterious blue-gray light that spread across most of the sky.





The Keybearer sat up and marveled at the quickly disappearing dusk lit sky, as he did every night at this hour. As he watched the twilight fade to darkness, Sora remembered something his old man had told him several years earlier: Dusk! As evening ends and night truly begins. This twilight is said to bring strange, yet wonderfully glorious events!





Sora smiled as he thought of the words of his kind father. Sora kept waiting, hoping, until night fully took over the sky.





Sora sighed; he was waiting for his strange but glorious event to occur.





So far though, nothing had, to the disappointment of the teenager. Sora gazed now at the beautiful starry sky. Then he smiled as he hopped off the horizontal trunk of the paopu tree, grabbing his small jacket off the sandy ground.





He brushed it off and put it on, even though the night wasnt that cold; he just didnt want to carry it. Sora started across the bridge that connected the small paopu island to Destiny Island. It was a very warm and pleasant night, so the young man walked down the ramp that led to the beach, instead of heading home.





He strolled along the moonlit beach, his bare feet making little sound on the soft sand. Everything on the island, the island itself, was glowing in the pale light of the moon. And in the spaces where the moonlight could not reach, it was unnervingly covered in shadows. Sora shivered; the darkness was indeed very frightening. Even the secret place, which was a warm and inviting place during the day, at night it was shrouded in shadow, and it gave Sora the creeps. The last time hed gone in there at night, well, his mysterious adventure had begun. Which wasnt a bad thing, Sora thought, but&. I just dont want to go in the secret place alone&. Sora muttered, thinking aloud, at night. Sora yawned. Oh, he thought, Id better be getting home. Mom will worry. He kept walking straight, until he reached the dock. His small rowboat was the only one left for everyone else had left for the mainland. He got into his boat and grabbed the wooden paddles thinking, Maybe tomorrow will be my lucky night&





Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

fakegirl on August 1, 2006, 5:30:12 AM

fakegirl on
fakegirl
Awww, write more soon please. This is cute.