Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - "Down the Rabbit's Hole..."

An adventure of a young girl named Azumi through the wild corners of Wonderland~ Based on the book by Lewis Caroll; Most ideas & characers from his book~

Chapter 1 - "Down the Rabbit's Hole..."

Chapter 1 - "Down the Rabbit's Hole..."


She began to fall asleep. She hated her boring studies so much, and the exams weren't worrying her anyway. “Azumi-san!!” her sister shouted. “Study, or you'll never pass!” Azumi sighed. “What's the point of studying,” she slowly began, “if you have to waste all of your free time to do it?”





This answer usually got her sister angry with her. “Well, if you want a good education, I suppose effort makes it happen!!” Her sister sat underneath the sakura tree, and threw a book up at Azumi, who was concentrated on a high limb. “It's not safe to lay in sakura trees, anyway.”







To avoid being bumped in the head, Azumi caught the textbook, and opened it to a page about wars and stuff. “Daosuke…” she said to her puppy, “…do you like studying?” Her little black dog tilted his head just a little, and Azumi continued: “I've never liked to study. Isn't it such a waste of time? I mean, there are plenty better things to do on a nice spring day, and here I am, studying for exams. I'd much rather go exploring down by the beach, or visit Obaa-chama, or buy a nice little blouse. Why should I have to study?”




While Azumi pondered these rambling ideas, Daosuke jumped down fro beside her. “Wait up, Daosuke!!!” Azumi cried, as she soon followed. She tried her best to remain quiet, for her sister was certainly caught up in a book she was reading, and this gave Azumi the perfect time to escape.




Azumi quickly found her Daosuke on the edge of a riverbed. She sat next to him on the moist sand, and began to scold him for leaving her behind. “Why, if I was Queen, I'd have you beheaded, Daosuke! Well, maybe not something that harsh, but still…” Then a whole other idea took her imagination away…




“If I…was Queen. Ahh, that'd be a grand dream, now wouldn't it? Why, I'd have cute little servants; all of which are little animals dressed as geisha & samurai! Ah, that'd be so adorable. And, and I'd talk with flowers when I was bored!! Yes, that sounds pleasing!! And, I'd enjoy long walks while floating in the air! Ah, that sounds most divine…”




Suddenly, Daosuke barked. Azumi jumped at this awakening. “What is it, boy? You see a cat?” Daosuke kept barking uncontrollably, and Azumi tired her best to see what it was. And then she did: A little white rabbit was running by them on a little trail.




That by itself isn't odd. But it was the appearance of the creature that had Azumi & Daosuke so fumbled; the little rabbit
was wearing an evening coat!! And, if that wasn't odd enough, while he was running, he pulled a pocket watch out of his…well, his pocket. “I'm late! Ohh no, I'm late!” he kept crying out loud.



“Very strange…” Azumi said. And, all of a sudden, she found herself chasing after it. “I'm very curious to know what exactly it's late for… Strange; I've never followed a worried rabbit before! My, this is a first!” She chased after the White Rabbit, shouting, “Um, excuse me, White Rabbit-san!! What are you late for?” But, he paid of no attention to her, and kept shouting on his way, “I'm late!! Dear me, I'm late!!”



Unexpectedly, Azumi found that she had followed Rabbit-san to a huge hole. The rabbit entered as he disappeared from view. “Why, what a big rabbit hole…” she exclaimed. “Guess it won't hurt to take a look.” She got on her knees, and began to crawl forward. It kept getting darker the farther she traveled in.



“I wonder what he's late for…a party? Oh, I do hope it's a tea party! But I hope I'm not intru---AHH!!!!” Very abruptly, Azumi found herself tumbling down a hole which she had not seen, farther and farther into the pitch-black tunnel~


Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

demonx on June 10, 2005, 1:53:07 AM

demonx on
demonxWow a better version. cool