Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - "The Falling of Azumi"

An adventure of a young girl named Azumi through the wild corners of Wonderland~ Based on the book by Lewis Caroll; Most ideas & characers from his book~

Chapter 2 - "The Falling of Azumi"

Chapter 2 - "The Falling of Azumi"


The Falling of Azumi



She began to continuously tumble, until nothing could be seen around her. Then, all of a sudden, instead of falling…she began too float. Steadily floating…instead of falling. “Why, this is oddly peculiar…I've never floated in my life!” And, as she floated down, it became lighter, revealing all sorts of curious objects: bookcases, flying chairs, coffee tables, all of which were floating as well, yet seemed to be moving upward instead of downward.



“My, my, my!! This is INDEED odd… I shall have to tell sister, though I doubt she'll believe me, after that `incident' with Bigfoot…Perhaps Daosuke will, though. I will much find out!” As Azumi finished talking to herself, she passed a bedside table with a teacup perched on it.



“Peppermint Tea…my favorite!” she slowly reached out to take hold of it, and took a sip, delighted and gleeful. “Well, at least I know this place isn't ALL bad… But,” she looked at the table as it continued upward. “I do wonder what exactly that table was… It resembled a bedside table, but there was no bed to accompany it! Goodness knows, if a bed were traveling through this tunnel at the same time as I, there wouldn't be any room… So, what makes a bedside table without a bed…?”



As she worried over beds and tables, suddenly, she found that she had stopped moving. “Oh my…” Azumi said, looking at her surroundings. “Why, everything's upside-down!” It was true; tables were hung by there legs to the `floor' above, while lamps were ignited as ceiling-lights should have been.



And, there, above (or below) her head, Rabbit-san was running on what was to Azumi the ceiling. “Oh! Rabbit-san!!!! Hello, there! Rabbit-san!” But, as usual, he paid absolutely no attention to her, and kept running while he chanted, “I'm late!! Oh no! I'm late!!”



This was beginning to get annoying to Azumi, who usually was noticed right away. She watched as he ran above her, and as he opened a door. Disappearing again from view, Azumi let out a deep sigh, and closed her eyes. Opening them a few seconds later, she noticed a huge change in the scenery around her.



She was in the same room, but now, it appeared normal. The chairs and tables were arranged on the floor, and the door in which Rabbit-san entered was, alas, ajar before her. “Oh my… If these weird things keep happening to me, they'll call the men in white suits to come for me!”



She decided there was no reason for her to remain in that room, so she followed the trail of the rabbit, through the door, and into even more mysteries~


Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment