Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - The Descent

A story about a young man with a terrible fear of flying, but he is forced to go see his sick aunt and take a small charter plane. While flying his worst fear comes true.

Chapter 3 - The Descent

Chapter 3 - The Descent
When the oxygen masks drop Sam grabs it as if there was no air in the entire world. He looks to the left and watches in sheer terror as the two turbines EXPLODE in a fireworks display! He also sees as the geese are picked off like flies by the falling chunks of metal and engine parts. Next to make things worse the whole half of the left wing rips off with a loud and horrendous crackle! The man next to him just sits there looking around as if nothing is going on. Sam screams at him,” WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM PUT ON YOUR MASK AND WHY AREN’T YOU FREAKING OUT?” The man responds with a calm happy voice, “There is no need for it I have only three weeks to live so if this kills me there won’t be that much loss and it will take off some of my suffering.” Sam shudders and says “But why… wouldn’t that… how could… oh just forget it” and he resumes the terrified screaming. Suddenly the plane tilts almost exactly side ways and starts a nosedive. Everyone is thrown back in there seats or to the very back of the plane.

BOOM! Am I alive or is this heaven? Wait I think I am alive, why can’t I breath? Hold on… I AM UNDER WATER! I can see the surface common just swim faster faster! “UHHHHHHHHHHH, I made it I am alive, but where am I? As Sam looks around he sees that he is in the middle of the Pacific without any land insight. “I wonder if I am the only one?” He swims through the debris and tries to find somebody but no everyone is dead.

So what do I do now? Do I keep swimming or wait for a rescue plane? I mean they had to have gotten radioed about the crash. Yes that is what I will do I will wait! Sam was lucky enough to find an emergency blow up raft and some emergency food rations. The other four rafts where popped. The food tasted like rotten yogurt but when you are hungry almost anything tastes good.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

snowieXchan on May 25, 2009, 1:03:18 PM

snowieXchan on
snowieXchanhorrendous is a nice word! :D
this is suspenseful D:
...*wiggle* i want more :3