Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - The Fish

A story about a young man with a terrible fear of flying, but he is forced to go see his sick aunt and take a small charter plane. While flying his worst fear comes true.

Chapter 4 - The Fish

Chapter 4 - The Fish
It is day four drifting at sea. Sam is not sure what to do next. His food rations are gone, and he absolutely hates seafood! He was lucky enough to land in a shallow part of the ocean only about 15 feet deep, so trying to avoid the food problem he monkey rigs an anchor and drops it about ten feet from the wreckage to avoid popping his boat. On day six his hunger is almost unbearable he also see almost every two hours a school of fish swim by. Soon the hunger became too much. He finds some old wood and string and gets some bait. Now the bait I will add was not easily gotten. He looked everywhere before he actually did this, but stranded in an ocean on a plane crash site there is not much bait to be found. So he swam over to a dead corps and with a knife cut some meat off it. He wasn’t sure who it was or if it would work, but if he wanted to live he had to.

Fishing out at Deep Ocean is not too easy when you gave no gear. He does catch some small trash fish every so often and after he had about three he stopped. Am I really going to do this? I am really going to eat some raw fish! I hate sea food as it is but now raw! Well here goes noting! He bites into the fish with a large gag and unfortunately he threw up over the side of the boat. How do those people on fear factor do it! He chuckles to himself and tries again. This time it was not so bad because he could brace himself, but still how could anybody like raw fish with bone and all. Out at sea there are problems with other things such as fresh water and certain vitamins you can’t get from just fish meat. Being that Sam was deafly afraid of a plane crash he studied up on what to do if this happened, so really he was very prepared for this whether he knew it or not.

You can get all the vitamins and minerals you need from a fish. Except it calls that you eat parts of a fish you really wouldn’t. For example to get fresh water when you have none you eat the eyes of the fish that is where it is stored. Everything needs fresh water even salt water animals. And other vitamins are stored in other parts of the fish like the heart, liver, stomach and so on and so forth. He knew he would have to eat those parts and that was the part that really grossed him out. And soon after he reluctantly ate all of those fish he had nowhere to put them. He couldn’t just throw them into the ocean it would attract some sharks and other fish that he would find not so good. So he laid them on the side of the boat and dead fish lying out attracts other animals he did not anticipate, animals that could cause a real problem.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

snowieXchan on June 4, 2009, 2:31:51 AM

snowieXchan on
snowieXchanwhoo!! longer~

very nice! ;D