Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - The Seagulls

A story about a young man with a terrible fear of flying, but he is forced to go see his sick aunt and take a small charter plane. While flying his worst fear comes true.

Chapter 5 - The Seagulls

Chapter 5 - The Seagulls
Sam watched the sky for hours on end. When you are drifting out at sea there is really not much else to do. But he slowly noticed the increase in seagulls. He paid no attention to them because it is really our nature to. At the beach you just maybe give them a glance before you run into the crisp salty ocean. But now he didn’t have to go for human meat when he fished he used leftover from the fish I had. As he laid more and more fish on the side of the little raft the seagulls got more and more and closer and closer. He couldn’t figure out what was attracting them. Was it the bit raft for them to land on? Was it all the debris? What was it? Unfortunately he never thought of the dead fish. At first he would have because rotting fish doesn’t smell too good, but after about two days of smelling it straight he got use to the unruly smell. Sam could only watch and sleep not knowing what awful things those seagulls where going to bring.

That night a seagull landed on the raft to eat some of the rotting fish. As you probably know too seagulls have beaks which are very sharp. And if they peck too hard on a soft surface they can cause some trouble, but the surface they where pecking on that night was not soft nor hard but inflated. It was like a needle to a balloon. They poked a small hole in to the raft which was just large enough to let out enough air to sink fast but not enough to wake Sam. He woke up shivering at about 6:30 a.m. right when the sun was coming up. The raft was flooded and he was sinking what now.

He swam into the debris trying to find a place to float on. All the metal was broken up and destroyed expect for a few things that he could swing his arms over. But the kicking of his feet attract fish and most importantly sharks, but he didn’t worry about that right now he was just out of food and this is when he would fish. The rod sank along with everything else he could use to survive. How was he supposed to live now? No food, no way of getting food, no nothing.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment