Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Tuck Everlasting... The Next Chapter

This is an idea of what might of happened after the Tucks left in the Novel - Tuck Everlasting

Chapter 1 - Tuck Everlasting... The Next Chapter

Chapter 1 - Tuck Everlasting... The Next Chapter
The Next Chapter…………
 
            The next day,after the Tucks left, well escaped, from jail, the officer found Winnie in thecell. He brought her home in the Black Mariah and explained to the Fosters whathappened and what Winnie had done. Mr and Mrs Foster didn’t care because theyhad Winnie back.
“We thought that we had lost you, again! We’reso happy that you’re home,” Mrs Foster cried, hugging Winnie, really tight.
            “Mom, I can’t breathe!”Winnie managed to get out.
            “Oh,sorry honey!” Mrs Foster cried, as she let go of Winnie. “Thank you somuch for returning our little Winnie to us, constable.”
            “Just doin’ my duty ma’am!” he replied, just flicking the tip orhis cowboy hat. He left and they shut the door.
            The next day, Mr Fostertook Winnie for a walk into town. He bought her an ice cream and took her tothe park. When they were heading home, Mr Foster asked,
            “Why did you run-a-way,Winnie? Why did you leave?”
            “I got sick of all therules! I got sick of not being allowed to cross the road alone! I got sick ofnot having any friends that are kids… I’m almost 11 yrs old, and no kidfriends! Admit it! I have good reasons!” Winnie yelled.
            “Yes, I admit it,they’re okay. Let me talk with your mom and granny, about your reasons,tomorrow. We’ll see,” Mr Foster said.
 
                                    *                                                                       *
 
“Happy 15th birthday, Winnie!”everybody yelled. It has been five years since Winnie had seen the Tucks, andshe had almost forgotten about them, until today.
“Winnie there’s a package in the mail for you.”Granny said.
“Put it on the table, Gram, I’ll open it later.Come on everybody. Let’s go outside!” Winnie yelled as she ran outside with herfriends behind her.
“Isn’t it great to see Winnie playing with kidsher age? I mean, I haven’t seen her happy since she got that letter from Jesse,three years ago!” Mr Foster said, happily.
“Neither have I,” Granny Foster said.
Later that evening, Winnie sat at the dinnertable, finishing her milk, when Granny reminded her about the package thatshe’d got.
“Oh yah!” she yelled, “I’m done my milk, so canI please be excused so I can go open my package?”
“Sure Winnie! Go right ahead,” Mrs Foster said.
Winnie jumped up from the table and brought herpackager upstairs to her room. When she opened the package, it was stuffed withpacking peanuts. On the top of the peanuts was a letter. I wonder who the cardis from, she thought, looking at the card. It was a postcard with a picture orthe Grand Canyon on the front. She smiled when she read thefirst sentence. As soon as she read it, she knew whom it was from.
It read:
 
My dear Winnie;[/b][/b]
I miss you dearly and Iwish you were here. I visited [/b]Paris[/b], [/b]France[/b] and I thought of only you.I know you’re 15 and I hope you get this on your birthday, it’s just a littlesomething that I picked up when I at the [/b]Grand Canyon[/b], a few weeks ago. Good-byefor now, My Love.                                            Sincerely:[/b][/b]
                                                             Jesse Tuck [/b]J[/b]
 
As sheread the letter quietly to herself, she started to cry. She put the postcard onher bookshelf, right next to the other letter that she got from him when shewas 12. She dug through the box of packing peanuts and found a rock. But notjust any rock, it was a rock shaped like a heart. On the back, Jesse hadwritten:
 [/b]
This is my heart and I giveit to you so that you’ll never forget me. And I will always be with you too!                                                 Jesse Tuck[/b] J
 
Sheheld onto the rock all night long when she was sleeping and she brought it withher everywhere till she was seventeen when she got another package in the mail.This time, the package was a lot smaller. She took it to her bedroom and openedit carefully. There was a letter inside.
It read:
 
            Dear Winnie, you should beseventeen by now and its time. I’ll come back eventually or Ma and Pa will.They’ll see if you drank the water or not, But, in case you lost the water,here’s the last of the water that we have. Please, I hope you drink it![/b][/b]
                                                             Jesse Tuck[/b] J
 
Winniestood there, staring at the bottle, then the letter.
“Whowas the package from, Winnie?” Mr Foster asked, yelling up the stairs.
“Itwas from Jesse, dad,” Winnie yelled back, “umm… can I have a word with you?”
MrFoster walked up the stairs and sat down on the bed. “Shoot!”
“Well,say someone wanted to do something so that she could be with one personforever, but she didn’t know if she should, but she really wanted to! Whatshould the person do, dad?”
“We’llsome people would say, you should follow you heart, and some would say, youshould follow your conscience, so, you decide! Which do you think is better?Your heart, or your conscience?”
“Thanksdad!”
Anytimehoney! Anytime.” Mr Foster left the room and headeddown stairs. Winnie just sat there, thinking on what to do staring at thebottle. “My heart says yes, but my conscience says no. I’m all so confused!”She sat there staring at the bottle until she decided to go outside.
Shesat on her swing until she saw the toad sitting on the road. She walked over tothe toad and put the bottle in her pocket.
“MrToad, I’m all so confused, I don’t know what to do. My heart tells me to drinkthe water, but my conscience tells me that it’s a bad idea.”
Thetoad just looked at her then hopped away. She went back to her swing and saw ahurt baby bird, lying on the ground. “Oh, you poor little bird.” She sat behindit and finally decided what she’ll do. “That’s IT! I’m going with myconscience! Sorry Jesse! Here you go little bird, try this.”
NowWinnie is twenty-nine. She’s married, has three beautiful children and isliving a wonderful life!! J
 

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment