Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - chapter two: alone

A book about how the kargarocs learn to find peace with society. The mothulas are also involved.

Chapter 3 - chapter two: alone

Chapter 3 - chapter two: alone


Chapter two: alone

Pteraticus was flying home, to his nest, his dead sister in his claws. He had seen the whole incident… seen his sister land in front of the human, perform the forgiveness ritual… and saw the human boy ruthlessly gun down the only relative he had left.

He was alone now… alone in the world, with no one to love, and no one to love him.

Where had he gone wrong? He had seen the human there, seen the tears in his eyes, and he knew they were real. The human boy had, in fact, been sorry for his actions, for the chosen one of the forest would not have come to comfort him had he not been, but when the forgiveness ritual was performed, his sister had been shot down. How could the boy have felt sorry for what he had done, but at the same time shoot down the bird when forgiveness was offered.

He didn't know, but his heart was covered in shadow. His mother had promised him when he was young that he would never be alone, no matter what, but now he was, and no one could help him.

When he got to the top of the peak, he threw his sister in with the other bodies.

“It's about time for the burning ceremony,” called Pteraticus through his tears.

“Why are you crying,” said the Helmaroc mother, as she flew over to the peak, “what has happened?”

Pteraticus simply looked at her, unable to speak of the great tragedy that had happened.

“Oh no,” said the Helmaroc, “it's your sister, isn't it?”

Pteraticus nodded, trying to regain the words he was searching for, “she-she-she was shot down and-and-and she was performing the forgiveness ritual!”

“I'm sorry, young one,” she said, “you can live with me if you'd like?”

“No,” said Pteraticus, “I need to learn to live on my own anyway.”

So Pteraticus went to his nest, and prepared for his longe, lonely life.


Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment