Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - chapter 6: the journey begins

A book about how the kargarocs learn to find peace with society. The mothulas are also involved.

Chapter 7 - chapter 6: the journey begins

Chapter 7 - chapter 6: the journey begins


Chapter six: The Journey begins



Pterai led Link up a long, mountainous

Region. After about five minutes, however, Link began to pant like a dog.

“Pterai,” asked Link, barely able to breathe, “are we almost there?”

“No,” said Pterai, “the castle is about twenty miles away.”

“Not to be rude or anything,” said Link, “but could you… perhaps… give me a lift?”

“Oh,” said Pterai, and he froze in his tracks, “I forgot. I'm a bird, I can fly! And I can take you with me!”

Pterai flew over Link's head, and grasped his shoulders tightly with his talons. It kind of hurt Link, but he knew that Pterai didn't mean to, so he wasn't angry.

They arrived at the castle in about five minutes, and Pterai set link down on the ground.

“Are we ready?” asked Pterai.

“Yes,” said Link, “I'm ready to go.”

“Then let's. Don't be scared of the king. It is true that he is quite large, but he wouldn't hurt anything.”

“You've got a new king already?” asked Link.

“Yes, but how did you know we needed one?”

“I kind of…er…” stuttered Link.

“You mean you were the one? You killed the old king? Wow! The king's really going to like you now.”

“Why,” said Link, “was the old king evil or something?”

“Not exactly. I mean, in that sense, what you did was wrong. The king wasn't evil… just different. His human relations policies weren't the best.”

“Human relations?”

“You know, trying to get along with the humans. He didn't much care for them. He thought that if they weren't going to give us a chance, why should we give them a chance? The new king cares much more about human relations.”

They entered the large castle, and the door slammed loudly behind them.

“WHO HAS DARKENED MY DOOR,” roared the Helmaroc King, “IS IT A HUMAN?”

“It's me, sir,” said Pterai, “but I have a human with me. I believe, quite reasonably, that he is the chosen one who will lead us into equality.”

“COME IN!.”

And so they came. The door was absolutely the largest door Link had ever seen in his life.

They entered, and the door thudded loudly as it slammed shut behind them. The Helmaroc king was, apparently, a large kargaroc wearing a mask.

“SO YOU ARE THE CHOSEN ONE?” asked the king.

“I don't know, but that's what Pterai told me, and I am more then willing to try to help.”

The Helmaroc King bowed. It was kind of awkward, such a large beast bowing to such a small boy.

“Come close, young one,” said the bird, “and receive your blessing.”

Link steeped forward, and knelt on one knee. The king placed just the edge of one of his claws on Link's shoulder.

“I, the king of this island,” began the bird, “hereby give power to you: to quest for our gain and your own, to touch and carry the tablet of truth, and the flute of life, and lastly, the power to command the forces of nature. These powers I give to thee. Let them help you in your noble quest.”

“How do I command the forces of nature?” asked Link.

“I have it on a very reliable source that you just got a new ocarina. Here is a song you can use.”

He handed Link a piece of paper with notes on it.

“Thank you sir, and believe me, I will try my hardest to bring your race into a state of equality with mine. I cannot believe how ignorant we are. How stupid must we be to attack you the way we do? It makes me mad to be a human, for I am not like them, and I don't want to be affiliated with them. Humans are stupid, and I am ashamed to be human!”

“Don't be,” said the Helmaroc King, “I know that they do things wrong, but we all make mistakes, and you can't be mad at them for making mistakes. They didn't know how intelligent we were. They were ignorant, and that's not their fault. You should love them in the same way you love us. Don't think of ways to get them mad, but rather, try to help them understand the truth. That is your calling.”

Link bowed, “Thank you for your wisdom, sir. You truly deserve to be king.”

“I wish you Godspeed, young one.”

Link left the palace, but he wondered silently, “How does everyone here know about my birthday?”


Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment