Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - chapter 7: new friends... new enemies

A book about how the kargarocs learn to find peace with society. The mothulas are also involved.

Chapter 8 - chapter 7: new friends... new enemies

Chapter 8 - chapter 7: new friends... new enemies


Chapter seven: New friends; New enemies.



Glysconia ran as fast as she could, for she knew it would not be long until the queen found out she was missing, and sent out the special moths to get her.

The special moths were bio-engineered, not only could they fly, but at almost supersonic speeds. If they were sent out soon, she would not be able to get away. That was why she had to run, so she could leave the forest entirely, and not get caught by the super-moths.

Glysconia knew what she had to do: she had to get to Hyrule, where the humans lived, and she had to find a certain person, one who could set this problem straight.

She didn't know too much about him, except that he wore a suit that was all green, and he had saved the humans numerous times. If he could save the humans, he could save the mothulas. The question was… would he?

He had, after all, killed hundereds of them the last time he had been in the forbidden forest, and that meant that he may not want to help them.

But, on the other hand, he had been made to do that: It had been his destiny to grab the sacred jewel that the mothulas had been guarding. Perhaps now, when everything was over, they could speak, and he could help Glysconia to get the queen out of power. Perhaps he could forgive them for being in his way.

A tear came to Glysconia's eye, “He's only twelve,” she thought, “and they've got him killing already.”

She didn't think that he would be hard to talk to. She remembered seeing the look in his eye as he shot down the moths. She had seen him when she was younger, from up in the tree. The look in his eyes was not the apathetic determination of a killer, but the helpless gaze of one ensnared by his own destiny. He hadn't wanted to do it; that much was clear. He had in fact, took aim at Glysconia, and she had thought he was going to kill her, but he had lowered his bow, and turned around. She even remembered seeing… was that… a tear in his eye.

He would help them. She knew he would. The question was: how would she find him?

All of a sudden, she heard a noise behind her. It was a thud, and it made a metallic crunch. Closer, closer the noise came. Where was she?

As she looked around, her heart sank, “Oh no,” she thought, “I'm on bird peak rock! That's where our worst enemies, the kargarocs live!”

But it was not a Kargaroc behind her. When she turned, she saw that it was a large figure, probably human, covered in a black armor.

The knight swung its gigantic sword, and just barely missed Glysconia.

“This is it,” she thought, “I'm going to die here!”

The knight swung his sword again, and Glysconia moved out of its path just in time, but she knew it was no use. It was as if she could already feel the giant sword shattering her vertebrae, see the blood pouring out of her. It would end soon. She could not envision any way that a small creature like herself would survive the attack.

“Hey,” she heard from somewhere behind her, “stop that!”

A purple blur swooped by her, and proceeded to go around the knight. Was that… it was… a kargaroc!

Her mind was whirling, “Why would a kargaroc want to save me? We're supposed to hate each other!”

And then she noticed something else, the blur that was circling the night was not pure purple… on its back… could that be… it was… a black blur… it must be… Link!

She heard the crunch of metal on metal, and one piece of armor. Another crunch, another piece of armor, and another, and another. The knight was now stripped of everything, but he continued to try to attack Link.

After hundereds of failed tries, the impossible happened. Glysconia heard the slicing sound of metal on skin, and Link flew from the bird. Enraged, the kargaroc dove straight at the knight, and Glysconia saw his talon pierce the knight's chest. The knight fell, dead.

The kargaroc landed, panting, and looked at Link. He had a massive cut down the side of his body, all the way from his hip to his foot. The blood streamed like a fountain, but had nowhere to go, and so it formed a puddle on the ground.

“We've got to do something,” said the kargaroc, “we can't let him die. Both of us owe our lives to him.”

“But how?”

“I don't know.”

“Hold on, I think I have an idea.”

And she did have an idea, an idea that would hurt her very badly, but she owed her life to Link, and so this would not be so horrible.

“Grab a hold of one of my wings.” She told the kargaroc.

“You're not thinking of…”

“Just DO IT!”

The kargaroc did as he was told, and latched on to one of Glysconia's wings, and she pulled, pulled with all her might, until it ripped off.

“You're…you're…” stuttered the bird.

“Bleeding, I know,” said Glysconia, “I'll be fine. I need you to scrape all the powder off of the wing, and onto his cut.”

He did, and when the mystical powder touched his cut, it healed up. Now they just had to wait for Link to awaken, and pray that they weren't too late.




Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment