Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Second Angel Ch.1: Akira's Story

Akira and his brother, Kai, live with their drunk dad on a dry planet. Akira plans a runaway one night, and as always, Kai follows. They're sucked into Traverse Town and are separated. Akira discovers a hidden power he's had ever since he was born

Chapter 1 - Second Angel Ch.1: Akira's Story

Chapter 1 - Second Angel Ch.1: Akira's Story


Second Angel

By: Wolf_Blaze58



Disclaimer- I do not own Sora, Donald, Goofy, I think Cloud (I don't know if he's going to be in this or not), or Leon. For as much as I wish I did, they belong to Squaresoft and Disney. I love you Cloud!



Author's Note- Yay! My first ever fanfic on Fanart Central! I never expected my first fanfic to be Kingdom Hearts themed, but once I drew out Akira, he instantly fit in Kingdom Hearts. This'll probably be a short fanfic compared to others on this site, but I can't write long stories without boring people. So, without further adieu, on to the story!





Second Angel-Chapter One: Akira's Story



Akira sat on the steel-stone bridge overlooking a river of plants and sand. There wasn't a whole lot of water on his planet, so they had to conserve what they had. He continued to stare out over the bridge, thinking about his dark, sad past when he felt someone beside him. “Whatcha looking at, Akira?” It was just his brother, Kai. His full name was Kaiyn, but everyone knew him as Kai. “I'm not really looking. I'm thinking.” There was a hint of sadness in his voice. “About mom again, right?” Kai asked. Akira didn't respond. Akira and Kai's mother was mysteriously murdered about a year ago. Since then, their father has taken up alcohol and could be pretty abusive at times. “You've got to stop thinking about her. It's a memory of the past. There's nothing you can do.” “I know. But I treasure the memories I still have of her.” Kai turned back to the plant river. “We should start heading home. Dad'll be home soon and you know what happens when we're not home.” Akira jumped off the ledge the bridge, Kai beside him.

Once they reached home, they were happy to see they beat their dad home. Akira headed up to his room and flopped down on his bed. Akira was the creative type, always thinking about all these crazy ideas like there were really other worlds and dimensions. Kai never fell for that kind of stuff, he just pretended to go along with it. He heard the door slam downstairs. His dad was home. He learned the smartest ting to do is to just stay in your room, and there's a less chance of him remembering you were there. Sadly, Akira learned this the hard way. “Kai!” Akira heard his dad yell from below. This couldn't be good. “Didchu f'rget ta wash th dishes again?!” Akira heard no response from Kai. “Keep on tellin' ya ta stop goin' out like that! Ya got stuff ta do here!” He heard his dad hit Kai against the wall. He pinned him with his foot and yelled at him, telling him to go up to his room and stay there. Akira heard Kai coming up the steps and walk into his room. Kai sighed and picked up a ball lying by his bed. He began to throw it against the ceiling. “Why do I continue to follow Akira out to that bridge when all it gets me is this? I am so stupid sometimes.” He muttered to himself. Akira entered his room. “I keep telling you not to follow me,” Akira said. “I know. But I like to be out there too.” “You've even seen dad get me for going out, and you still follow me. Well I'm going out again later tonight.” “Dad'll literally kill you!” “No he won't. I don't plan to come back.” “Why not?” “It's obvious. I can't take too much more of dad, and who would want to live a life like this anyway?” “You're right. Dad probably won't even notice we're gone. This place holds a lot of terrible memories too.” Kai said. Akira looked down at the floor. “Tonight at 10.” “But Akira, if we do this, well, we're the only thing still holding this family together. If we leave then…” “Our family will be broken. And so will we.” Akira finished. “This is a pretty serious sacrifice Akira. Are you sure?” “Trust me on this, Kai.” “Alright.”

That night, after they were sure their dad was asleep, they snuck out the back window. Once on the roof they jumped off and ran down to the bridge. The moon lilies were glowing silver under the full moon, making the river of plants look like a river of liquid silver. “I just love this bridge at night,” Kai said. “Yeah,” Akira looked up at the moon. “Let's head to the dock.” Since water wasn't to common in this world, their dock overlooked a lake of petroleum-oil that made a beautiful black, purple, blue look when combined. Oil and petroleum were the two most common elements along with mercury. Kai and Akira sat at the end of the dock, staring out over the black lake. The moon reflected purple against the oil. Akira heard something in the sand beside him. He turned to see two round, yellow eyes on the surface of the sand. Behind them followed a small, black, 2-D body. It was a shadow. Akira elbowed Kai. “Look,” Akira whispered, pointing to the shadow in the sand. “What is that thing?” But, just as Kai asked, the shadow rose from the sand into a full 3-D figure. It began to move toward them, and as Kai looked around, more and more were coming. “Akira, they're multiplying!” “Run!” “Where?” “I don't know! Somewhere!” They ran off the dock and through the woods to the sandstone cliff at the southern end.

Kai gasped once they reached the cliff. “Akira! Look!” Akira looked up. Floating in the sky in place of the moon was a huge sphere shaped nebula thing. It was sucking up everything in sight. “We have to grab onto something!” Kai said. “We can't.” Shadows were coming from everywhere, and the trees were coming out by the roots. “We can't just give into this thing!” “We're gonna have to.” “Are you insane? We have no idea where that thing goes. I knew I shouldn't have followed you, Akira. Bad things always happen when I follow you.” Akira said nothing. They couldn't keep their ground too much longer. “There, grab that rock over there.” Akira pointed to a rock at the end of the cliff. They leaped for it. “Kai, we have to let go. We can't hold on forever.” “Fine. On three. Ready?” he paused. “Three!” They let go and flew into the nebula-abyss.



Hope you liked chapter one. I think it's the shortest chapter. Chapter 2 begins the interesting stuff and should be out really soon! R&R people!




























Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment