Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Rising Sun

Great work in progress, hope you like the characters and the story

Chapter 2 - Rising Sun

Chapter 2 - Rising Sun
The sun crept over the mountain of creation and birthed light across the valley and lit the city with light. The city sprung to life like an angry “bee hive”, the bazaar was alive with movement. The streets cluttered with foreign spices, jewelry, clothing and animals. Walls separated the city from the vast jungle, they towered that of Redwood trees, colossal idols in the image of the creator of life stood at each end of the outside gates. The dark coal shades of the main street traveled along a straight path as long as twenty football fields. At the foot of it all stood the walls of the palace the size of fifty-year old Oak trees. The palace itself stood higher than the walls that protected the city.
 
The two princesses trained in sword play and hand to hand combat such as their warrior culture demanded; in their culture women were as equal as any man and had any place in their society. The eldest sister knocked her little sister off her feet with the wooden practice sword. In her anger she dropped her own sword and charged her bigger sister, again knocked to the ground “ENOUGH” their mother yelled. The guards ran to her “Queen Zolla you should not be on your feet it is not well to roam the palace pregnant, you are due to give birth at any moment today”. She replied “nonsense it is custom for the Queen to observe a practice of a ceremony”, “Nalla, Zeara” she called, “yes mother?” they both replied and ran to her side. Nalla was tall and slender with big brown eyes, here skin was light bronze with tiger orange hair and had a ponytail at the top, to keep most of her hair out of the way when battling. Her younger sister Zeara was short with the skin tone of her mother, tan and bronze her hair was snow white with black stripes at the tips of each strand of hair. “Now everything must be perfect for your father’s arrival, there can be no mistakes in your battle between sisters”. “I have no fear and my form is flawless” Nalla’s confidence was unbearable; Zeara hated the look in her eye like if she was untouchable. “Remember the ceremony will have real swords and one of you will get hurt”, Nalla’s expression never changed, Zeara felt as if her older sister didn’t care if she ended up killing her or not. After all they were only children, and that didn’t change the fact that they had to do it, like they had a choice in the matter, and even if they did nether didn’t want to disappoint their father. Their mother noticed the dull face Zeara had,”Nalla I wish to speak to your sister alone please”  “yes mother” Nalla quickly walked away. “Zeara what concerns you?” “I don’t think I can do it, everyone will be watching us”, The Queen whispered “I’m not suppose to tell you but your father is bringing you a gift before you start”. Zeara’s eyes widened “what is it!?”, “Now Now I’ve reviled enough you must wait and see”.  
The next day the whole city was watching the preparation for the event of the battle. Both Zeara and Nalla were readying in different rooms, Zeara was nerves that she would never get her gift from her Father or not, suddenly a strange box appeared on the table. It was a chest made of solid gold with her Father’s insignia engraved on the lid, “this must be the gift?”, inside was a white cloth her face went pail. “This is it!?” she yelled “If he wanted to say I hate you he should of said it to my face”, her mother over herd her, “is that what you think of your father? That he hates you?” Zeara was in anger “HE GAVE ME A CLOTH WHEN I NEED HIS HELP THE MOST, AGINSED MY PIG HEADED KNOWS IT ALL BIG SISTER”. “ENOGH” the Queen scolded her, “that cloth is made from your Fathers robe, he enchanted the cloth for you”, it enhances the body part it’s wrapped to, and it makes it harder than steel and strength stronger than twenty elephants”. Zeara suddenly felt terrible, “Mother can you help me finish up getting ready?”, “very well she” replied. The crowed was roaring the gates in the arena opened and each sister emerged from each end. The crowed suddenly went silent; the Queen’s voice echoed through the coliseum, “MY DOUGHTERS, THIS IS YOUR TEST OF PASSAGE, THIS TEST WILL EARN YOU’RE YOUR BODEY MARKINGS, CHOSE YOUR WEOPENS WISLEY”. Nalla’s face cold with the lust to kill, she drew the a two handed axe, Zeara grabbed the sword, Zeara felt confident she thought if Nalla had a two handed weapon that her movements and strikes would be delayed. Both the sisters came at one another with different goals at heart. Nalla swung her axe at breakneck speed, she missed but chopped Zeara’s ponytail. “WHAT THE HELL, YOU ALMOST TOOK MY HEAD OFF!” Nalla said no word…….”ANSWER ME DAMNIT!” Zeara spat on the ground and dropped her sword, “if that’s how you want it then I have no restraint on beating you half to death with my own hands”. Nalla cracked a smirk on her face, Nalla quickly swung her axe, Zeara caught the axe blade in her hand her face filled with rage. Nalla eyes widened her confidence broke; Zeara crushed the axe head in her hands and punched Nalla’s face with the strength of two bull elephants. As her fist made contact the force of the hit split the dust, Nalla went flying into the coliseum wall. The crowd gasped, everyone stood waiting for the dust to clear. Finally the dust settled and Nalla came into view, her cloths ripped from the force of the impact, her forehead running with blood. Zeara couldn’t believe she was still standing from a hit that strong. Nalla still had the handle of the broken axe in her hand, she snapped it across her leg and used it as a spear, and she suddenly came charging once again. As Nalla attacked Zeara quickly moved out of the way and grabbed her face and tossed her pass the coliseum skyline, Zeara jumped after her she hit Nalla with a downward axe kick, Nalla came crashing down like a meteor to earth. A massive crater scared the coliseum floor, unbelievably Nalla could still standing, Nalla crawled out and continued to advance toward Zeara. A voice came from the podium “ENOUGH!” the crowd turned and bowed, Nalla and Zeara turned “Father!” He emerged from the podium and walked through the air to the floor of the coliseum. “I have been watching as I do every day, and have concluded that this battle is over so I…“FATHER!” Nalla interrupted “I can still fight”, “No you cannot” he replied, “BUT!”….  “Enough, you were beaten as soon as your sister dropped her sword”. “Your left arm is broken, your weapon destroyed and you can barely stand, this fight is over”. “But she has no weapon”, “On the contrary the wrappings on her fists and legs are my weapons given to her, they enhance the strength”. “THAT’S NOT FAIR!” “Your sister prayed to me and I answered, she wanted the strength to defeat you and she got her wish”. Nalla fell silent and in a flash of light their father vanished.
 
 

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment