Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Almost Here

one shot songfic. what will happen when Chihiro returns?..[kind of a bit of angst at the end]..plz r&r! ^^

Chapter 1 - Almost Here

Chapter 1 - Almost Here
Yumiko-san: hey there! This is a chihiro/haku songfic. Song is ‘Almost Here’ by Brian McFadden feat Delta Goodrem.

p.s. this is my first ever time writing a songfic, so please don’t flame me. GOOD advice would be much appreciated.
-Thanks-

Btw, the song is in small paragraphs. Youll know what I mean. ^^

Disclaimer: I do not own anything from “Spirited Away”. Only my oc. ^-^

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chihiro returned to the city, Tokyo, after the strange adventure to the ‘Spirit World’. She had not thought about that world since. Not until,

"Did I hear you right
‘cause I thought you said
Let’s think it over…..”

‘Almost Here’ was playing on ‘Nippon’ radio. It touched a part in Chihiro’s heart, where her thoughts of the ‘Spirit World’ had suddenly flashed through her fragile mind.

You have been my life
And I never planned
Growing old without you

Chihiro’s door swung wide open. Standing there was her boyfriend, Hama. His dark green hair was as similar as Haku’s, till the very end.
She had to go. She HAD TO!

Shadows bleeding through the light
Where a love once shined so bright
Came without a reason

She burst through into the bright sunshine, thinking of no one else but him. Haku.
“Chihiro! Where are you going?!?” screamed Hama, who was slightly anxious, as he knew of Chihiro’s past adventure. He knew of, Haku.
//Her heart still belongs to him?....This could NOT be!//

Don’t let go on us tonight
Love’s not always black and white
Haven’t I always loved you?

“I have to go!” Chihiro screamed back, whilst making her way through the crowded street outside her house. She hurried through the forest, and then stood erect at the entrance to the ‘Spirit World’. The long hollow tunnel.
//My decision. Should I do this?//

But when I need you
You’re almost here
And I know that’s
Not enough

“I need to see him” she murmured, with a tone of desperation.

But when I’m with you
I’m close to tears
‘cause you’re only almost here

She made a decision that might change her life for ever. She might not be able to return once more. She was sure of it.

I would change the world
If I had a chance
Oh won’t you let me

Chihiro walked through the ancient town, still mystified by it’s stillness and solemnest. Careful not to be seen by Yo-baba, she snuck into the bushes that were currently blossoming with wonderful flowers. It was here that she had once again laid her eyes onto a figure, sitting by the small lake.
“Haku!” she ran and flung her arms around him.

Treat me like a child
Throw your arms around me
Please protect me

Haku took a while to realise it was Chihiro, for it had been nearly three years since he last saw her. Once he realised, he embraced her tightly, and “Chihiro” was all that he managed to form from his lips.
“I shouldn’t have left without you” Chihiro said softly, as her head rested on Haku’s warm chest. As she laid in his arms, Haku felt his feeling for Chihiro return to him once more.

Bruised and battered by your words
Dazed and shattered how it hurts
Haven’t I always loved you

“Chihiro” still, was the only word that Haku had managed to say. But in his heart, he really wanted to tell Chihiro his love for her, and how much he missed her.

But when I need you
You’re almost here
And I know that’s
Not enough

“Haku, I…I l-love you.” Chihiro said as she sat up to look into his emerald eyes.

But when I’m with you
I’m close to tears
‘cause you’re only almost here

“Chihiro…..” Haku whispered as he placed her soft hands into his. “I…I..h-have t-to say…..”
“-hush” Chihiro interrupted, and placed her finger onto his lips, then gave him a kiss. Warmth and love instantly spread through him. But, he had to say it.
“Chihiro, s-sorry but I can no longer be with you” he said forcefully, as a tear came trickling down his cheek.
Shock. Total shock was the only way to describe Chihiro’s reaction to those words.

Bruised and battered by your words
Dazed and shattered how it hurts
Haven’t I always loved you?

“I am…” Haku tried to break the news, but could not.
“Haku?” Chihiro added disbelievingly.
“Chihiro. You have to understand. I..I’m..d-dying.”

But when I need you,
you’re almost here
(Well I never knew how far behind I left you)

“no…NO!!!” tears filled her eyes, and soon, she wrapped her arms around him, crying. It was a moment when all was lost for her. She did not want to believe it.

And when I hold you,
you’re almost here,
(Well I’m sorry that I took our love for granted)

“Chihiro….I should have told you a long time ago.”

(Now I’m with you,
I’m close to tears
‘cause you’re only
almost here)

“I…love you”

Only almost here…..

Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

ToDifferentToBeReal on May 4, 2006, 5:41:06 AM

ToDifferentToBeReal on
ToDifferentToBeRealIts a good fic but I don't get how he's dying. He's already dead. and he's the spirit of a river that was filled in that's why he's dead. So confused. But again good fic.

Rioki_Lilac on December 25, 2005, 11:29:39 AM

Rioki_Lilac on
Rioki_Lilachowzee dyin? good fic tho. better then the macdonalds crap.

Meshesho on May 11, 2005, 7:48:22 AM

Meshesho on
MesheshoWow... That's really good... I like it. It's very sad, but that's what makes it so good.

man_in_a_bra on April 23, 2005, 1:51:53 AM

man_in_a_bra on
man_in_a_braGrat fic. Did you upload this from fanfiction.net or upload from a saved file from your comp???