Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - soldier

another one by XIII

Chapter 1 - soldier

Chapter 1 - soldier












Soldier

When soldiers go to war with glee in their eyes
No curse shall be muttered
No disappointed felt
No scream heard
No stream of tears in sight
No pain felt
Just the silent laughter in every man's heart as he takes on those who have fallen, soul, heartache, and woe.
As he accumulates these souls he thinks himself dammed if not to be able to lay here with his brethren and die.
And as we fight an amazing epidemic occurs: As each man falls their lips stretch from ear to ear, their teeth show with a glow of the purest white, only before witnessed in heavens as they fall onto the dirt, blood, and corpse. As each man passes the bodies they are perplexed by the riddle of the "Dead Man's Smile" and they wonder if they will ever share in his deathly joy.
So charge, charge, you hounds of hell. Into the burnt gunpowder, dash past the artillery fire, through the rain of bullets, climb up the mountain of corpses, to reach up and grasp for heaven before you are dragged to earth.
Fight to the last breath or be cursed with those who were blessed with the forever happiness of death.
And after our dreadful symphony comes to a close, and the last drop of blood shatters upon the floor, he who lost drops his head and turns to go home to live with the weight of all he knew and slew. While the victors rise to their just reward, the soldier will do something that is unfamiliar to him. He will kneel down on both knees by his bed clasp hands together and he will speak in a voice so low that no one save the speaker could understand its meaning.
He will say:
"See you soon."

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment