Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - TMMoF

Yes, that is what I'm calling my story. It's a Flapjack story. I can't tell you much more, but please read!

Chapter 1 - TMMoF

Chapter 1 - TMMoF
Aimee shivered in the night air as she hauled her suitcases aboard the large ship. She was taking it all the way to a small harbor far out to sea. Her parents had let her live there with a friend of her mother's, who was the fishmonger. She glanced down at her ticket, which read:

SOUTH HAVEN HARBOR: SHIP SAILING TO STORMALONG HARBOR
3 DAY TRIP


"So it's called Stormalong." She thought, her stomach uneasy. It would be a long 3 days, and she was very nervous about finding new friends and fitting in at that strange place called Stormalong. But she should not have worried, as you will see. She boarded the large ship. She noticed it said Windcraft on the side. As she entered her cabin, she was greeted by one of the shiphands.
"'Ello, mate, I assume you'll be stayin' 'ere, 'ay?" He said in gruff voice. He had a thick Australian accent, so Aimee had a hard time understanding him. She nodded politely. "Right, and I 'spose you'll be wantin' to shove off then, 'ay?" The shiphand replied, smiling a toothless smile.
"Yes, I am a little tired..." Aimee said, rubbing her eyes. It was a rather cold night, and Aimee was becoming eager to get to sleep in her cozy cabin.
"Well, I'll let you get to sleep in 'ere, 'ay?" The shiphand replied, and got out of Aimee's way. She walked into her cabin and set down her things on the floor.
"Finally. Warm and safe in the cabin..." Aimee thought to herself, flopping down on the bed. "Ow!" She exclaimed aloud, noticing how hard and uncomfortable the matress was. All at once, the shiphand burst into the door, scaring Aimee.
"Is everything alright in 'ere?" He asked in his gruff voice. "N-no, the matress is just a little hard..." Aimee replied, still a little shocked.
"Well, if anything is wrong, just call for Farley. That's me name." The shiphand said, shaking Aimee's small hand.
"Right..." Aimee sighed, feeling very tired now.
"Well, I'll be seein' ya. Try to get to sleep, mate. G'night." Farley said, and tipped his brown hat to Aimee, revealing his hairless scalp. Then he left without saying another word. Late in the night, far after Aimee had fallen asleep to the sounds of the waves lapping the sides of the ship, she awoke to the sound of the motor stopping.
"Right, mate, we 'ave a bit 'a trouble, we do, 'ay mate? The motor's stopped right in it's tracks." Farley said, walking into Aimee's cabin.
"H-huh? W-what do we do?" Aimme asked, still rubbing the sleep from her eyes.
"Well, I 'spose we can try an' repair the motor... But I think that'd take more then 3 days, mate." Farley replied, shaking his head.
Suddenly, a large flash of lighting struck the hull of the ship, and Aimee screamed as the wall was blown straight off of her cabin. Farley grabbed her hand and ran out onto the deck with her as thunder rumbled and rain began to pour down. Soon the entire ship started to fall apart. Aimee screamed again when part of the deck blew away and she was swept into the raging waters below. She fought against the crashing waves, but to no avail. She was powerless against the fierce winds and the intense waters. She was lost at sea without Farley, or a ship. She slowly sank into the water, losing conciousness.


When Aimee finally awoke to her seemingly endless slumber, she found she was laying on some kind of wet slimy blanket. "Friend? Friend, are you okay?" She heard a voice calling. Her head was spinning so she couldn't see who it was exactly. Then, she heard a second voice. This time more gruff and aggravated. It said,
"Why bother, Flapjack? The girl's out cold." Aimee regained her senses and looked around. She was in some sort of mouth with a boy, who looked strangely like her, and a blue sailor who sat there, grumpily.
"Look, K'nuckles, she's waking up!" The boy exclaimed, pointng in Aimee's direction. She assumed the sailor was K'nuckles, and the boy was Flapjack. "Bubbie, our friend woke up!" Flapjack exclaimed to no one that Aimee could see. It was just Flapjack, K'nuckles and Aimee in the strange mouth. Suddenly, the mouth opened and started speaking.
"Well, isn't that nice! Sorry, I can't talk to you properly, it's just that I can't really see you." Bubbie said.
"Are you okay?" Flapjack asked Aimee. Aimee was mesmorized by Flapjack. She gazed in awe at him, and every time she saw him, she fell more and more in love with the boy. Of course, it was a silly, first-sight love, and she was shaken back to reality when Flapjack spoke again.
"Are you okay?" He repeated.
"Uh... Yeah! I'm fine." Aimee replied, shaking her head, to regain her senses.
"Good! Now, what's your name, friend?" Flapjack asked, smiling.
"Aimee." Aimee replied, now looking at K'nuckles.
"Great. Now we've found a new freeloader. One kid is enough in this whale, and I need my space." K'nuckles remarked, scowling. Aimee could tell it was still late in the night, because her uncle was often grumpy when he was stirred from sleep. She wondered if this was the case with K'nuckles.
"K'nuckles! Be nice to our new guest!" Bubbie scolded.
"All right, all right..." K'nuckles grumbled, "Uh, hi there, I'm Captain K'nuckles."
"Captain?" Aimee questioned, K'nuckles didn't look quite heroic and brave like all of the captains she'd heard about.
"Yeah! He's a real adventurer!" Flapjack exclaimed, thrusting his arms into the air excitedly.
"Aimee, why don't you come out here where I can see you." Bubbie said. When she spoke, the chill of the night blew into the mouth. Suddenly, the tounge flew forward and out of the mouth, so that Aimee, K'nuckles, and Flapjack were face-to-face with a large, blue, female whale. Aimee was surprised, but she could only say,
"W-where am I, Miss Whale?"
"Oh, don't call me Miss Whale, sugar. That sounds so stuffy. Call me Bubbie." Bubbie said.
"Uh, where are we, Bubbie?" Aimee asked again, this time taking the whale's advice by calling her Bubbie.
"Stormalong Harbor, Aimee!" Flapjack interuppted, as Bubbie was about to talk.
"Eh? Stormalong? Wow! That's where my ship was headed anyway!" Aimee exclaimed.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment