Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - The Scars That Mark an Eternal Protection

Just a typical day for Maka Albarn and Death the Kid... But will it lead to the revealing of mixed feelings, jealously, and pain?

Chapter 2 - The Scars That Mark an Eternal Protection

Chapter 2 - The Scars That Mark an Eternal Protection
Maka let out a yelp of horror, resisting the urge to push away from Kid-kun's pale hand. 'How can he be pale? He's a shinigami...?' her eyes darted to see around his wounded body. But Nygus was already rushing into the room, gently moving Kid-kun to lie down. His arms crossed each other on his chest; blood still streaming from the corners of his mouth made Maka's lip quiver and look away. She stood up and walked toward the window as a distraction peering outside.
"Oi, Maka." Soul shuffled past the dividing curtain next to Kid-kun's bed to stand behind Maka.
"Oi." he bent to the side slightly, looking past Maka's dark eyes, he sighed, leaning against the wall next to him, "You know, your really something." he glanced up, no response, "Ch." he looked away, narrowing his eyes, "You care too much about people to start with. Didn't you hear them? He'll be fine."
A minuite of silence passed, only the constant scribble of pen from Nygus filled in the emptiness, "No." Maka murmured, her tone low, "You care too less."
And with that she walked away, back facing Soul, her hands in fists, out into the hallway.
Liz and Patti moved to follow Maka out into the hallway. “You know, it’s a good thing Kid’s body can reject any form of poison… The black blood in Chrona’s weapon might have influenced him… But even if it had entered his bloodstream, it would have been gone by now.” Liz said thoughtfully, leaning against the wall.
Patti nodded. “Kid-kun is really strong! He’ll make it through this!” She giggled, smiling widely at Maka.
Walking down the hallway slowly came Tsubaki, Black Star in toe. “Hi, Maka-chan, Liz and Patti.” She smiled warmly, seeing the overall gloomy expressions from the girls. “Is something wrong?” She asked, concerned.
Maka looked away, eager to walk further down the hall; but she honestly wanted to stay by Kid-kun's side, so she stayed where she was. Her fists clenched tightly together feeling her stomach churn at the thought of losing more friends. Seeing them happy without notice of Kid-kun's wounds was too much.
"Maka." Soul looked out the door, turning his head until seeing her slouched head facing the side wall.
"Oi, Maka." he called once more, still with no reply, "Maka come on, Kids awake." hoping for another 'no answer' he slowly stepped back in through the door.
"Awa-?" she panicked, racing into the room frantically looking for Kid-kun's face until she saw it blinking annonymously toward her.
Kid looked up immediately upon seeing Maka enter the room. “Maka-chan, you’re panicking aren’t you? I’ll be okay.” He said weakly, smiling only as much as the pain allowed.
He looked at Soul. ‘Maka-chan and Soul are partners… He is always by her side… If only… If only I were her weapon… But that can’t be…’ Realizing that he was glowering at Soul, he unclenched his fists and relaxed his eyebrows, sighing breifly.
There was a loud stomping noise and the door slammed open, making Kid and the others jump.
“Sorry to make you all wait!! I know being in here is no fun without me, the great Black Sta~r!” Black Star exclaimed, announcing his arrival. Seeing everyone’s glaring faces, he looked around them to see Kid in the hospital bed. “Oh…” He quieted, thoughtfully. “What happened to you, Kid?” He said in a confident tone.
“Eh, we had a fight with Chrona and I got a little wreckless…” Kid mused, half-smiling.
“Feh, I’d never let that happen to me. I’m way above that.” Black Star grinned pointing his thumb at himself.
Tsubaki punched Black Star in the head, sending him crashing to the floor. “Black Star! That’s not polite!” She scolded.
Maka let her light pants ease, and grinned half heartedly at Kid-kun. She walked as quietly as she could to sit next to him. 'He still looks hurt....' she thought with a pang of regret. 'what if I hurt him....?' she tried not to think of it, pushing it aside as he tried to set his hand on her lap once more. But seeing him wince at the effort, she drew away.
"Your...still hurt." she tried not to see the dissapointed face he kept on her, "I don't want to hurt you..." her face turned grim.
“Maka-chan, you’re not hurting me…” Kid replied, taking his attention off of Black Star. “It wasn’t your fault. I got too careless.” He tried helplessly to smile with the nausea rising in his chest.
Nygus spoke up, “Alright now, Kid-kun needs his rest. You can all come back and see him tomorrow when he feels better.” She said, smiling halfheartedly.
Black Star and Tsubaki filed out, followed by Liz and Patti, all saying their ‘get well soon’s’.
"Of course..." Maka mumbled under her breath, gazing down at the floor.
She looked up at Kid-kun's solem face for a moment before standing up.
"I-I'll see you tomorrow then." her eyes shut tight, about the cry.
"Bye!" she ran out of the room, her hands in tight fists again covering her eyes from the tears running out of them.
She ignored Soul's concerned face rushing past him, "Maka!" he called, "Wait up!" he broke into a run after her, but again, he couldn't catch up until they were back home.
He breathed heavily before reaching her,"Hey...slow down...." another pant,"whats..whats wrong with you?" his eyes squinted up at her, as she wiped away the tears covering her face.
"Nothing, go away." she unlocked the door and stumbled into her room, only thinking of Kid-kun...
“Get plenty of rest, and don’t worry so much. Maka has seen a lot of pain. She’ll be okay.” Nygus reassured Kid, walking out of the room with her clipboard.
Kid nodded as the door shut, leaving him in total silence. He gazed out the window, seeing Death City in all of it’s glory, shining almost as bright as the moon itself. Under the gauze, his right eye twitched. He couldn’t stand it any longer, he just had to look.
He reached for a hand mirror on the side table next to the bed, holding it up to his face while he peeled back the gauze wrap slowly. He gasped in shock.
A sharp, jagged pink line pierced it’s way through his eye, making him cringe. He poked at it slowly with his finger in disgust.
Putting the gauze back on and setting the mirror down, he almost immediately fell asleep, and began to dream…
He was in a dark alley, the wind rustling down his spine. He jerked his head to the left, finding a window there. In it’s relfection, he saw that his eye was open, the scar still burned through it.
He looked to the right, seeing Maka with a determined look on her face. She held out her arm toward him, still looking straight ahead. “Let’s go, Kid-kun. It’s our 89th soul.” She said confidently, as if waiting for something.
“Right.” Kid found himself saying, having suddenly lost control of his thoughts. Without thinking, or really moving, a blast of light hit him with a gust of wind, and when he unclenched his eyes, he saw Maka holding onto a metal staff. But he couldn’t see the blade. He looked behind him, but all he saw was blackness.
“Maka, what’s going-” He started, but Maka charged foreward, swinging back the handle. Kid swung back as well…
He woke up, panting heavily. He ran his fingers through his bangs, trying to gather his thoughts.
"Nothing." Maka mumbled to herself, "Nothing. I've got nothing to give to others. I'm not strong....am I?" she turned her head to the side, glancing up at the clock across her bedroom.
"10 o'clock it says...but...the day passed so quickly, so happy....so.....much.." she whispered quietly drifting off to sleep.
"A dream..?" she looked around, it was sunny.....not how it was before..."not a dream.....in my soul?" it looked nothing like how it would be. Nothing about this place looked familiar.
"Where, where am I...? she whispered to herself.
She glanced around in every direction, slightly woozy from the blaring sun.
"Maka...." the wind brought a passing voice.
She looked to see where it came from, but...nothing.
"Maka..Maka.Maka!!" she panted, scared, worried of who or what this could be.
"Maka! Maka! Maka!" she shook her head.
"What?!" she screamed, but this time it was her real voice. She jumped, startled in her bed.
"Maka!" Soul took his hands off of her shoulders,"You've been crying the whole night, wouldn't stop talking to yourself about some stuff. Whats wrong?!" his face looked annoyed.
Maka took a look at the clock: 7:03.
"C'mon! we gotta go see!" she rushed him out of the room.
"Wh-what?!!?!" he growled
"I gotta change get OUT!" another push and she was alone.
'Good, I can go see Kid-kun today....' she smiled inside.
Yawning, Kid opened his eyes, looking around the bright and sunny hospital room. For a moment he didn’t know where he was, and he blinked several times before remembering the previous day’s events. He frowned, thinking of Maka, and his dream he’d had last night.
Hours before, he had concluded that in his dream he’d been a weapon… But not just a weapon, Maka’s weapon. And it had seemed… Right. But he’d shook his head and told himself time and time again that this was impossible, stupid, and out of the question.
Before long, a knock came at the door and his face brightened, happy to have company again. Patti and Liz walked in, the younger sister holding a tray of food for him.
“Kid-ku~n, we brought you breakfa~st!” Patti said in her whimsical bird’s song of a voice.
“Thank you.” Kid replied, looking at the perfectly symmetrical meal they had prepared for him. They were always accurate about symmetry, knowing it would ruin Kid’s mood if it was in the least bit imperfect.
"I'm leaving without you! Suit yourself!" Maka cried back, already leaving the apartment, her jacket flying past her as she ran outside.
'He should be better.' A gleam of happiness rose in her stomach, 'Good, maybe we can.....' she slowed her run into a jog, 'maybe we can.....' a walk.
"We can't leave....he's too hurt..." her eyes started to water looking down at the cement ground.
A shuffle of feet frightened her, "No he's not." Soul's low rumbled voice came up behind her, still a frown across his face.
Maka blinked, empty headed without any thought of what he was doing.
"C'mon, lets go before that cat follows us." he pushed passed her moving slowly toward the hospitol.
"Hmm?" Maka mused to herself. 'He cares?' her eyebrows tightened as she ran up to catch up with him.
"Right here. This is the room!" Maka pointed at the last door in the hallway.
“No its NOT." Soul draged on, "Its over there down that way, he was NEVER at the end of the hall, idiot."
"Shut up!! We'll check every one until you tell me which one is the right room, Soul." she glared at him, anticipating for him to hurry.
He sighed in defeat and walked down the hall.
"H-hey, where are yo-." Soul interupted
"This way if you wanna see him." he scoffed
Maka looked after him for a disgusted moment, "Hmph." then followed him up to Kid-kun's room.
She quietly tapped the door with her finger,"Anyone awake...?" she whispered
"They won't hear you if your-." the door opened, revealing Liz in their way.
"O~oi Mak~a, S~oul!" Patti giggled from inside.
Kid was halfway through his second piece of toast when he heard the tap at the door. Seeing Maka, he finished chewing and swallowed quickly, smiling his brand-new tooth-missing smile.
“Ohayou, Maka-chan.” He greeted warmly, wiping crumbs off of his face with his napkin. His right eye was now opened, displaying the scar on his face. It shimmered in the morning light, the way fresh wounds did.
Liz grinned. “Black Star and Tsubaki were here earlier, turns out the ‘big’ man actually cares about his friends.” She laughed lightly.
Maka stepped into the small but spacious room.
"ohayō gozai mas, Kid-kun." She smiled warmly toward him, resiting to grimace at the shiny pink wound, struck so clearly across his face.
"Mornin'." Soul called behind Maka's shoulder, his eyes showing the reason of the tiredness in his tone.
"I hope your OK, Kid-kun." Maka said, walking to sit at the end of his bed.
Seeing him nod back reassuringly, she took in a short breath and looked down at her lap, where her open hands lay ontop of each other.
Kid reached over to hold Maka’s hand, and leaned down to kiss it slowly. He looked up at her with glimmering eyes. “You know I can get out of bed anytime… What were you thinking of doing today? I mean… Besides seeing me here. The wounds aren’t that bad.”
‘I want to feel like I have Maka all to myself, even if I am sounding selfish, but Soul is always around her… If we can get away from him for only a day… Maybe we could officially…’ Kid thought, looking out the window thoughtfully.
Looking around the room with bright eyes, Liz glanced at the spot where Patty used to be standing. “Um… Sorry to interupt, but where’s Patty?” She commented, looking around for her younger sister.
Kid shrugged, and Liz sighed. “I guess I’ll go and look for myself then.” She said, and walked from the room briskly.
"O-oh?" Maka mumbled, looking up into Kid-kun's eyes blankly.
'I wanted him to hold my hand but......' she glanced at the narrowed pink eye, then at her lifted hand, and quickly focused back onto Kid-kun's triumphant smile.
"Well," she paused thinking for a moment,"whatever you're capable of doing, Kid-kun." she grinned lightly.
"But...." she glanced to the door left open,"maybe we should find....." she flickered her eyes toward Soul unexpactantly, forgetting he was even there.
He looked away before she could finish,"I'll find 'em, do whatever." he straightened his back about to turn away.
"S-soul?" she waited for him to turn his tilted head,"arigatō." she cracked a smile at the corner of her mouth.
“Liz and Patty can take care of themselves, but you can see how they’re doing if you want…” Kid glared at Soul, which he could tell made Maka uneasy.
He turned to her and smiled a glinting smile.
Liz suddenly burst in, breathing heavily. “Kid-kun! Everyone! Patty-chan is in trouble! I saw her somehow locked in weapon form being taken away by Chrona! They just left the city!” She cried into the somewhat quiet room.
Kid blinked twice, dumbfounded. He’d been proved wrong, right after his statement. “Patty!? We have to help her!” He immediately rose from his bed and pulled on his jacket.
Liz was panicking. “Hurry!” She huffed, running down the hallway again.
“Liz! Won’t it be easier if you just transform?” Kid yelled after her.
“Yeah, that’s right! I guess I wasn’t thinking for a second.” Liz replied. She immediately transformed, and Kid caught her, upside-down as always.
“You guys coming?” Kid asked, walking out the door.
"Kid-kun...." Maka sighed, getting up.
'WHY is Chrona making so much trouble?!?!?!?!' she nearly screamed it in her head, her fists clenched tight together following Soul out of the room.
"Maka." Soul stopped in his tracks, as if panicking Kid and Liz,"its alright. She won't get away this time, member?" he looked back, and for a moment glanced behind her at Kid's disgusted face,"We're a team." he jerked his head up, turning back the way it was.
"Soul...." she breathed under her breath.
Maka wouldn't move, couldn't move. 'You are a team, but......'
"Chrona’s a friend....." she whispered outloud,"what...how?" her face looked sorrow filled, but made the effort to keep going ahead behind Kid-kun.
As he walked along, Kid looked down at his hands. He saw the gun in his right hand. None in the left. Gun in right hand, none in left… Gun in right hand… None in left…
“Liz, transform back!” He said urgently, trying hard not to break down right there on the floor.
“Hmm?” She asked, transforming back as she was told. ‘Oh, god. Must be the symmetry… But how will we beat Chrona if Kid doesn’t have any weapons?’ She thought scornfully. “How are we going to do this, then?” She asked, putting her question aloud.
“Well… We’ll just have to count on Soul and Maka-chan to distract Chrona while we get Patti back, then she can transform and we’ll beat her this time for sure.” Kid paused a moment. “If… That’s alright with Maka-chan…” He said, quieting down a bit. He looked at Maka, smiling. Seeing Soul’s somewhat scowling expression, he flashed a glinting smile at him as well, making the scythe turn his head and huff. Kid looked back at Maka, waiting for a response.
"Uhhmm..." Maka stared at the tense crowd, not quite sure what was really happening.
"Maka!" Soul's voice echoed in his Scythe form,"We have to get Patty. C'mon we can do this!"
"O-ohh..." she blinked changing moods suddenly. The wave of urgency rushed through her. Her eyebrows pulled together, "R-right! Let's go!" she held Soul close to her, showing she was ready and ran off down the hall with no other warning.
"Chrona is..." she mumbled, her hair bouncing un-gracefully above her shoulders,"friend...? foe....? friend...? foe.....?" she breathed,"Soul," she panted,"Chrona is...Iv'e made a decision." she waited for a response.
"What?! You have a plan already?! Spit it out!" he spat out quickly.
"Yes!" another breath,"Since she is our friend,"breath,"we will fight until she sees our way...."breath and pant,"no mercy 'till then..." now only the tap of her hard-soled boots were heard, Kid-kun and Liz far away already.
Kid started running now, after Maka, but unable to catch up with her. He had been very bewildered as she started sprinting down the hall suddenly. A pang of jealously shot through him as he saw her run off with Soul. ‘Pff, I’m not jealous of Soul.’ He thought, smirking to himself. ‘Yes, they’re only a weapon and meister team. Nothing more.’
Liz watched Kid’s expressions closely, now running along side him. ‘What could he be thinking…?’ She thought, raising an eyebrow to Kid.
Kid glanced backwards. “What?” He asked Liz, wary.
“Oh, nothing…” Liz said, turning away from him, smiling.
Soul kept quiet the rest of the way. His eyes narrowing with annoyance. 'Jeez, get all emotional bouta friend, then get all preachy...Pffft, not cool to be around, hmph why me?!'
"Soul?" Maka glanced up as the Sythe swung over her head.
"What?" his voice dragging with a slur.
"Shut it." she looked ahead, the two heavy doors led out.
She pushed out toward the light,"Here we GOO!" birds flew from the echoed yell.
"Hm." Soul grunted.
Hearing the cries of determination, Kid sped up, thinking for a moment. Then, as he ran, he stuck out his right hand and summoned his skateboard. He hopped on, taking Liz’s hand and setting her up so that her arms were around his waist, staying aloft with some effort.
“Kid-ku~n!?” Liz cried, terrified as they flew into the air.
“Hm?” Kid turned to face her slightly.
Liz clung to Kid’s waist, horrified of the height. “Why can’t I just transform…?” She said quietly and nervously.
“I can’t. It’d be asymmetrical.” Kid said plainly, looking straight ahead again, spotting Maka and speeding forward faster than ever.
“W-why me!?” Liz cried, squeezing Kid’s waist now.
"MAKA!" Soul screamed urgently,"QUIT YOUR ENTRY SPEECH AND GET ON WITH IT!" he tried to look back hearing the sound of rushing wind. 'Dangit! he got here...hmph, no time to stop Maka now. Ch idiot."
"Its NOT an entry speech! Shut up! Didn't I tell you already!?" she held the end blade to up to her face so she could see Soul's scrunched face,"Just SHUT IT ALREADY!" she managed to keep her voice lower than before this time, causing her to choke lightly.
'Ha. she didn't even see him come, whata loser.' he smirked in his mind, keeping the still face, glaring back at Maka.
"Oi, Maka, why don't you stop your lectures so your 'team' can move on, huh?" his eye slid to the side eyeing Kid-kun's straight gaze, and Liz's squeeze shut eyes.
“Maka-chan!” Kid called, landing his skateboard, speeding towards her steadily.
‘Thank god we’re back on solid ground…’ Liz thought, sighing in relief. She loosened her grip on Kid’s waist.
Kid moved to roll along next to Maka. “I think I saw something over this way, maybe half a mile or so…” He said, not really realizing the way Maka looked at Liz’s arms that were wrapped around him.
“Maka-chan?” He finally did realize it. “What’s wrong? Something bothering you?” He asked, furrowing his eyebrows. “Liz, transform.” He said, not looking at the girl.
“But-” Liz started.
“Just do it.” Kid said, in a demanding tone he rarely used. He held out a hand to Maka as Liz transformed and landed in his other hand. He pulled her onto the skateboard, positioning her as Liz had been, her arms around his waist. ‘This feels better…’ He thought, holding onto Soul for her. He looked into the blade, smirking. ‘Take that, Soul.’ He thought.
Maka glared down at the tightly wrapped hands that clutched onto Kid's waist, not noticing the oblivious look he gave back. 'He lets.....anyone..?' she took in a sharp breath hearing Soul's faint chuckle. But as she was about to ask what it was about, her hand out streched unwillingly, tripping over herself as she landed, wobbling on Kid-kun's skateboard.
Maka unsteadily tried to wrap her arms around Kid-kun's waist, forcing herself not to feel frightened. She smiled, her hands were empty of Soul, and she was closer to Kid-kun......how pleasant. Her head bent down to lie against his slightly arched back, feeling the wind blow past her hair. 'Better.' she thought closing her eyes.
“You’ll get used to it.” Kid grinned back at her. ‘If it’s for Maka… I can… Momentarily break the symmetry. I can only stand this for so much longer… Will I be able to hold on until I can find Chrona…?’ He thought, uneasy. He faced straight ahead again, only once glancing quickly at Soul’s frusterated reflection in the scythe’s blade.
“Kid-kun, I see them!” Liz exclaimed, and Kid looked up ahead to see a faint image of Chrona, and could almost hear the cries for help in the distance.
“Patty!” Kid cried, shooting the skateboard into the air, making sure to keep it steady for Maka. He sped up to the limit, catching up with them in no time. They landed, and Kid helped Maka off of the board before he retracted it into his hand.
“Liz, transform back, please.” Kid said, and as she transformed, he sighed in relief.
"arigatō." Maka mumbled shyly, as Kid-kun passed Soul to her.
Soul looked up, the sun glinting the blade to make it shine a second, "Maka." he nodded,"Its ours."
She looked back, her face serious outside,"Mm, got it. Ready?" she focused her sight onto the faint figure ahead.
"Yeah." Soul sighed, resisting the urge to glance back a glare at Kid.
"Ok," Maka took a step foward, her foot angeling 2 inches toward the left, ready to lurch foward,"me too."
Bits of rock scrambled away from under her feet as she ran after the frightened looking girl. 'Don't hold back Maka......Never hold back.....'
She jabbed the end of the Sythe into the ground, giving her an extra boost into the air. She flew up, her feet sprawled in all directions as she almost landed ontop of Chrona. Quickly she drew Soul infront of her, swinging it behind her neck before Chrona got a hold of Ragonok.
"TAKE THISS!" her arms flung the Sythe at Chrona's head, hearing the girl scream back in pain. Maka couldn't help but wince back. 'NO holding back......none....'
"DON'T STOP!!” Soul growled impatiently.
Maka drew a quick breath before flipping the Sythe in all directions, making Chrona scared as she backed up against a wall. Her hands girpping the handle firmly before swinging Soul head on to Chrona's chest. Another scream, black blood splattered everywhere, her chest dripping with almost solidified liquid.
"Patty." Maka whispered, low enough for Chrona to hear,"give her...." she sliced the Sythe through the air once more, striking Chrona in her stomach,"BACK!"
Kid watched the scene in amazement, running around to the back of the battle. “Patty!” He called out to the scared Thompson sister. “Transform!”
Patty nodded shortly, grinning from ear to ear when she saw Kid. She transformed and landed in Kid’s hand.
“Liz!” Kid cried, and he had two twin pistols again. “Good to have you back, Patty.” He smiled, shooting Chrona with intense speed, only worsening the damage that Maka had already done to the girl.
“Maka-chan! I got Patty back!” Kid yelled over the sounds of shots. “What now?”
Maka paused hearing Kid-kun's question in the midest of Chrona's agonizing scream. She thought over her plan.
"Well?" Soul interupted,"No holding back or what? What did you say?" he rapidly spat out the words.
Maka hesitated before answering, then her face camled, "None..." she mumbled back,"thats right....I can't can I?" she took another step toward Chrona, her eyes staring blankly ahead,"You......can't...." A swing of the Sythe slit through Chrona's right arm,"...either...." her mumble still sounding annonymous from her original character. Another step foward as she sliced through Chrona's chest once more, alightly above her previous wound.
"YOU HURT TOO MANY!" Maka's eyes suddenly blazed with furry, her stomach lurched back as if in horror.
She jerked her arms side to side, twisting the Sythe around every now and then to slice Chrona's shoulders again. Maka's teeth clenched together, her strength all focused in her arms and steady moving hands. The screams pierced through the still air, blood covered the ground, walls, and even Maka's own clothes.
'When will she stop?' Soul questioned, going where ever Maka swung him, 'what’s wrong with her?'
Kid widened his eyes in shock. “Maka-chan, what’re you doing? What happened to her being our friend?” He tried to say over the screams. He ran between the girls, trying to stop the fighting.
But that was when it happened.
With a blow of the scythe, Kid was sent flying backwards, into the street. He landed with a thud, blood pouring from his hand. Liz and Patty transformed back to their human forms, frightened. “Kid-kun?” They asked him over and over.
Kid sat up slowly. “Only a cut, although it’s pretty deep. I know… I know Maka didn’t mean it.” He coughed up a bit of blood from being hit in the stomach with the blunt end of the scythe. ‘That must have pleased Soul… To hurt me…’ He narrowed his eyes. Then he stood up suddenly, wrapping his hand in the gauze Nygus had given him just in case, for his eye.
“Maka, it wasn’t you. You didn’t see me there.” Kid said, almost pleading her not to feel bad. He saw Maka’s horrified expression, and there were tears forming at the corners of her eyes. “Maka-chan…” He started, walking towards her.
"KID-KUN!!" Maka's eyes widened, the anger now replaced with hate over herself.
"Ack," Soul looked away,"Ch, serves him right to get into the way." he mumbled.
Maka ignored his rude comment, tears rushing down her firey cheeks. Her hands loosened off of the metal handle, leaving them ache along with her throat filled with regrets ready to sputter out of her mouth.
"Gomen...." she cried, tears drying cold,"gomen, Kid-kun...." she collapsed onto the hard ground, her stiffling breaths warm against the cool. The screams and taps of feet grew closer to her.....the sight of black blood blurred as she felt the pats of reassurance feel their way down her back.....slowly....slowly..........they dissapeared.
"Maka-chan!!" Kid exclaimed, rushing forward to catch her in his arms. He held her close to him there for a while as Soul transformed back with a huff. Seeing her worried face, even when she was unconcious, a scarlet color rose in his cheeks.
"Maka-chan! Are you okay? Maka-chan! Wake up!" He said urgently into the girl's ear. The unconcious Chrona, Liz and Patty who were still in shock, and Soul, who was somewhat angry-looking, faded into the backround. 'Jealously.' Kid concluded looking at Soul, not having time to be smug.
"Maka-chan!" He repeated once more. Then, swinging her over his shoulder, wrapping her legs around his waist, he looked back at the others. "We have to get her back to Shibusen. Hurry!" He exclaimed, summoning the skateboard once more and getting ahold of Liz and Patty who had transformed by now. Soul was left to run. The sped down the alley, approaching Shibusen.
Screams and shouts faintly rang through Maka's head. For some reason, she couldn't focus on one thing. Her head swayed with dizzyness, side to side....side to side...
'Whats this?' she tried opening her eyes, but blackness still surrounded her sight. 'Can't-can't see.....' she thought, being drowned again by the nausia that waved over her....'Whats wrong with me? what is this?'
Kid looked back as Maka stirred suddenly, groaning incoherently. "Almost there, Maka-chan..." He whispered into her ear.
Soon, they burst through the front doors of Shibusen, Kid running now, towards the hospital wing. "Nygus!" Kid called, running down the hallway. "Nygus!!" He called louder this time, getting the attention of the nurse.
"What happened?" Nygus asked urgently.
"Another fight with Chrona. This time Maka accidentally hit me and she went unconcious afterwards." Kid explained, walking into the hospital room with Nygus. He set Maka gently onto the bed, making sure not to harm her.
Nygus put a wet towel on Maka's forehead.
They all stood and waited, Kid feeling bad about the incident.
"Idiot." Soul spat under his breath. He shoved his hands into his pockets and slumped over, walking slowly back to Shibusen,"Now its up to me to cook for her huh?" his head jerked to the side arrogantly,"Kid, ch." he looked down,"What a fool."
'Can I move?' Maka struggled to shake her head, her eyes wouldn't lift the slightest bit. They always drifted back, heavy with sleep.
'Hmmmm.....'she let her eye lids fall, 'tired......' her heavy weights of thought endlessly dropped into sleep.
"Black..." she mumbled weakly,"Why is it black n red?" she shook her head lightly, making her best effort to move,"Wait no," she whispered quietly now,"its....gone." Maka let her eyebrows loosen, untouched with concern now,”Kid-kun…..”

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment