Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Jealously, Bitterness, Sadness

Just a typical day for Maka Albarn and Death the Kid... But will it lead to the revealing of mixed feelings, jealously, and pain?

Chapter 3 - Jealously, Bitterness, Sadness

Chapter 3 - Jealously, Bitterness, Sadness
Chapter 3
Jealousy, Bitterness, Sadness

“Maka-chan, you’re waking up?” Kid asked urgently, trying to calm himself down. “Maka-chan?”
‘Kid sure is freaking out… I’ve seen him freak out a bunch of times, but not over other people… Maka must be really special to him…’ Liz thought, watching Kid panic with a concerned look on her face.
Kid’s eyes brightened with a look of hope as Maka’s eyelids shuddered and opened, revealing a tired look on her face. “You’re okay…” He sighed in relief, holding Maka’s hand a little looser now. He had been gripping it with intense force before.
"K-Kid-k-kun?" Maka stutterd, her eyes squinting away from a sudden pain that shot through her head, "Are you there...?" she reached out until she felt the soft warmth of Kid-kun's hand. Her arm untensed and she grinned happily, cracking her eyes open to see the light filled room.
'He's here...good....everythings good now.' Maka thought gracefully.
'Ch. What an idiot, thats not cool at all.' Soul watched in disgust. Seeing how Maka wasn't paying any attention to him he looked away.
“Yes, Maka-chan... I’m here. I’m so glad you finally came to...” Kid whispered softly, leaning down to kiss her forehead. He pulled back and grinned contentedly at her, his cheeks turning a light pink color. ‘Now I know for sure... I really am in love with Maka-chan... But how could this happen? After all, I am a Shinigami, and she’s a human...’ He thought, suddenly very sure of his feelings for Maka.
He turned his head slowly to look at Soul. “Soul, can we talk for a moment in the hallway?” He asked politely, half-smiling in a friendly way.
"Wh-what?" she narrowed her eyes, unsure of what she heard; but she felt Kid-kun's hand slipping away, "D-don't...." she rasped. She tried to as hard as she could until her fingers twitched from the pain sent through the stressed area.
"Maka," Soul grumpled, holding back the growl toward Kid, "S'ok, Maka, Kid will be back in a few.." he hesitated,"seconds, I promise." he ended thinking of the pain her head would cause her to forget. He shuffled toward out of the hallway, and slouched against the door frame waiting for Kid.
'What does he want?" he grunted looking away from the group for a moment, 'He already has enough in his life. Pfft, how stupid.'
Kid smiled at Maka. “Be right back.” He said reassuringly as he walked out the door. He closed it behind him and faced Soul. Sighing, he began. “Soul, I think...” He started, trying hard to get the words out. They were still so new in his brain. “I think I’m in love with Maka-chan.”
He continued on, blushing slightly. “I’ve never felt this way about any human being before, and... And it’s almost as if it were meant to be. Anyway, the point is, I think if you realized that Maka-chan and I are in fact meant to be with each other, maybe you’d be less jealous of us.”
"Ohh." Maka let her hands drop on the bed. She looked up at Liz and Patty, their faces cossed with uncertainty as they heard the door clank beside them, "Whats wrong....?"
Soul clenched his teeth, 'Is he stupid? He’s a Shinigami; thats not possible. How does he even know what it means?'
He kept still while answering,"What?" he took a step foward,"You think you can just take Maka like that?!" a growl rose defensivly from his throat,"If you want to know some things about a relationship with a human its never perfect. You should try to get to know her better before you try anything deeper than what you already did or else you'll be more offended than she is when its over." He saw a hint of shock cross Kid's face as he took a step back, he softened his tone feeling guilty,"You don't know what she's like, so get used to being a bit dissapointed of being with a human.”
"Hmm?" Maka turned her attention toward the door hearing faint shouts from the hallway,"Whats going on....?"
Kid pulled back his fist and punched Soul in the jaw, sending the scythe staggering backwards. “You idiot!! How could I ever be dissapointed in Maka!? She means nothing to you but a partner doesn’t she!? I’d say that you don’t understand! You don’t know what it’s like to be in love with Maka!! And there’s no way you ever will, ever!! Stop trying to pull us apart!!” Kid screamed, teeming with rage.
Liz heard the shouts from outside and turned to Maka. “Don’t worry, it’s fine, jsut fine...” Liz fake-smiled at the girl, watching Patty nod in fake agreement.
Kid watched Soul’s eyes widen and he began to get a little self-concious. “Ahem.” He cleared his throat and entered the hospital room once more. “Sorry about that... Just a little... Disagreement...” He smiled at Maka as he sat next to her bed once more. “I was hoping for a different outcome to that little chat,” He spit out the word ‘chat’ with more hatred than he had wanted to. “but I guess it wasn’t meant to be.” Again, emphasizing his words to remind Soul to back off.
"Oh..." Maka looked at the different expressions in the room and felt dizzy from the blurred out screams,"You guys okay...?" her head swayed a bit in the air but regained herself. She looked around the room after a long pause of silence, "Wheres Soul?"
'Why's everyone look so weird....?' she tried to shake away from the dizziness once more but gave in and collapsed onto the bed.
"That spoiled idiot." Soul rubbed the small drops of blood off of his mouth,"He knows nothing about Maka and her life. He needs all the luck in the world." he started walking down the hall,"Hmph. Better get home and bring somethin' for Maka later."
“Soul said he needed to go take a nap... He was a little tired after today’s events.” Kid covered, smiling. It was a pretty believable lie; the sun was starting to set, and it’s eyes drooped at the corners from tiredness. Kid could tell that it wouldn’t be long before nighttime. “All things aside, I’m going to let you get some rest, just as you did for me.” He smiled. “I’ll be around tomorrow, first thing in the morning, I promise.”
He wavered for a moment, then looked at Patti and Liz. “Um...” He started, unsure of what to say, then glanced at the door.
Patti and Liz nodded quickly. “Right.” Liz said swiftly, and they left the room in a hurry.
Kid looked back at Maka. “Maka-chan...” He sat on the edge of her bed, smiling at her warmly now. “No one in the world could ever mean more to me than you. You are the most important thing in my existence now, and I’ll protect you with my life.” He murmured, holding her hand lightly. Then he put his hand to the side of Maka’s face, pulling it closer to him, and touched his lips to hers, kissing her softly. His heart beat faster and faster, and he rose to his feet quickly. “Goodnight, Maka-chan...” He blushed.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment