Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - The Sound of a Broken Hear

Everyone has felt a broken heart, but what if you could hear one? What it the sound of a heart slowly struggling to cease filled your eardrums? Could you handle it?

Chapter 1 - The Sound of a Broken Hear

Chapter 1 - The Sound of a Broken Hear
Everyone has felt a broken heart. It's that tightening feeling in your chest, that comes the moment you hear those dreadful words. The pain is a burning sensation as it a warmed bolt is being twisted repeatedly after if has already been screwed into the wall. A broken heart is something everyone feels, but few have ever heard one.

Hearing a broken heart is something entirely different and is nothing to be desired. It is worse, more painful. No one should ever have to experience it, but I have. The sound of a heart breaking is similar to nails scratching at a chalkboard, a car screeching to a halt, and a thousand mirrors breaking at the same time. It is a painful sound that will make you pray to God that you go deaf.

I hear breaking hearts all the time, but it isn't mine. My heart is in to many pieces to break anymore. No, I hear others' breaking hearts, which is ten times worse than my own. Other people have problems that make mine seem like a walk in the park. Other people have been raped by family members or had ten loved ones die in the same year. Those type of people keep me inside the safety of my home, but even that isn't enough. I can hear them from behind the walls. Their hearts speak to God, asking him to heal them for only a moment, just enough to get them through the day.

I can't heal the broken hearts that I hear and that is what has broken my own heart beyond repair. The ones that I hear have been hurt to badly for any one to mend, at least not as quickly as they wish. Someone once said that time heals the heart, but it isn't always true. Sometimes time is late and the heart will stop beating. Those times I am grateful for.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Toilets on January 31, 2007, 1:16:53 AM

Toilets on
Comment Deleted

ACreativeMess on January 31, 2007, 4:21:23 AM

ACreativeMess on
ACreativeMessThank You.