Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Epilogue - Steve Burnside

They were all happy they had got away from Raccoon City. They were happy to start a new life, away from Umbrella, and the T Virus. But then...

IT HAPPENED

Authors note: " and ' will come up as a square box
... will come up as &

Chapter 1 - Epilogue - Steve Burnside

Chapter 1 - Epilogue - Steve Burnside
Oh Steve.. whispered Claire, as she lay her hand on my naked skin. I moved her hand up to my face.



Youre.. warm. I whispered back, and then as I felt the life leaving my body, I said with my remaining strength..



Im glad I met you. I.. I love you.



Then, nothing. Darkness. Then, suddenly, a flash of light. A grey ceiling swam into view. Huh? I looked down. A hand. My hand? I moved it. Yes, it was my hand! It was my body! I dont know how, but suddenly, the life had returned to my body.





I found Claire about two weeks later, embarrassed by the things I had said in what I thought was my last hours, we made a silent agreement not to talk about it.



The war with Umbrella is over, Claire had said. Guys, we won!



Cheering erupted the room. Champagne bottles opened, people hugged, several people kissed. A guy (who I suspected was gay) came over and kissed Claire on the cheek. Anger boiled in the depths of me, I felt strong emotion rise in my chest.



Excuse me, I erm.. need the bathroom.



I walked outside, as a rush of cold air hit me. I felt strange. What was happening?? I looked down at my hands, they werent there! Was I.. dead? No, I could still see, I could still feel. I looked down at my body to see nothing! Just a blurry yellow and black thing. Oh my god. THAT YELLOW AND BLACK THING WAS ME!!!



I HAD SOMEHOW TURNED INTO A BEE!!!



Suddenly, I felt my legs below me again. I looked down, and it was my body! Somehow, I thought as I walked back into Trents apartment, I must have been affected when I got mutated.



I came back to life.. at a price.



As I walked back into the apartment, a hand landed on my shoulder.



Steve Burnside? a deep voice said. It was more a statement then a question.





Yes? I replied, somewhat cautiously. The mans face was hidden in the shadow of a large plant.



I have some information that might be.. useful to you. He paused, I said nothing. They will ask you where you should go to celebrate. You will request to go to the swimming pool. When you are there.. events will take progress. Events that could change the course of all your lives, perhaps forever. I believe you have a new found.. transformation you may use.



How.. how do you know about that? I queried.



Its not important. It will happen whenever you feel strong emotion. When the time comes, the emotion will be so strong, youll know what to do.



He started to walk away. Wait, I called after him, who are you?



He paused, and then said in such a quiet voice I had to lean forward to hear him. Just think of me as a helper of your friends the S.T.A.R.S.



He walked around the corner, away from sight. A little freaked out, I walked into the living room, where the rest of the people were.



Hey Steve, Claire put her hand on my arm, sending goose pimples up it. Where do YOU think we should go to celebrate?



I was so pleased at the fact she was touching me, I said the first thing that came into my head. The swimming pool, I said, out of instinct.



A snort came from a guy with unnaturally spiky hair, as he said, the swimming pool? Were not at a kids party. He let out a laugh that reminded me of a character called Squidward in a show I used to watch called Spongebob Squarepants.



I think its a GOOD idea, said a woman in her mid 20s, dressed in blue.



Oh, yes I was only kidding before, said the man with unnaturally spiky hair, but he had suddenly gone red. I bet he wanted to shag her.



Alright, its settled then, said Claire. Let me just go pack my bikini.



Claire had a bikini?! Maybe this swimming trip wasnt such a bad idea after all..



If only I had known the terrors that awaited us there. If only I had known what was going to happen..




Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment