Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Three Years Later

This is the first part of my Dragons of the Earth Chronicles. The Peridot's dragon name is Eikki... I'm pretty sure its pronounced EEE-KEY...
Read and comment! Its much appreciated!!! ^____^

Chapter 2 - Three Years Later

Chapter 2 - Three Years Later
The fire, the tears mixed with blood. Dead bodies lay everywhere. There comes the figure walking through the smoke. But this time it’s not loving arms to hold Luna… And THIS wasn’t a dream, it was all real.
A hand grabs her neck and throws her up against a wall.
“I told you… You would die in my hands one day,” A man’s voice spoke.
Eikki! How could he do this?
“Stop this!” She screamed.
“No one can stop me now, or help you… Orfeo is dead along with the others, and soon, you too!”
He tightened his grip on her neck and she coughed. Then he thrust his sword into her stomach and she coughed up blood.
He let her drop and then he grabbed the peridot necklace.
Everything disappeared around Luna and she felt as good as dead.

Eikkie ran back to his home in the mountain that overlooked Luna’s village.
Nyx, the Turquoise dragon was there.
“Did you hurt the girl? Eikki?” She said.
“I did what I had to.”
“Did you hurt her?!” Nyx yelled and put her sword at his throat.
“Stop!” He yelled.
Nyx withdrew her sword and said: “It will weigh heavily on your conscious until you come to your senses.”
Her blue hair flew in the wind, she was so beautiful.
Eikki looked down at Luna’s destroyed village.
“You have greatly disappointed me Eikki… I thought if I trained you, then, maybe you would change, but I see I was wrong… I wasted three years! So, I will give you one week to change, or I’ll take away the peridot and destroy it forever!!” With that, she flew away.
One week!
He threw back his head and screamed in deep anger and hatred.
But he wanted the peridot more than anything. So, slowly he made his way back to Luna’s village.
She wasn’t where he left her.
He followed her scent and it led him to the river where she used to draw water.
She was on the ground, her arms propping her up, and looking into the water.
She coughed up more blood.
He walked up to her and she started crying.
“Are you going to kill me for good?” She asked.
He didn’t say a word, he just picked her up and carried her back to his cave.
She had passed out, so he fixed the wound he caused and started a fire.
Then he went out to fish before the sun set. He cringed at the thought of having to face her when she awoke.


A day later she woke up.
Eikki had been out fishing again. She struggled to stand, but she managed. Each breath caused a sharp pain to shoot through her chest.
Where am I? Where is Orf…..? Oh no! Orfeo…
She remembered what happened and began crying.
She looked up and saw Eikki walking towards the cave.
He stopped when he saw her.
Great, here we go! He thought.
He walked up to her.
“You’re a monster!” She cried. “You’ve taken everything from me… I have no one left.”
“Well… Now you’re in my shoes.”
He walked past her to the fire and she followed.
“Do you want people to suffer as you have?”
“Not necessarily… But if the chance arises then so be it,” He replied coldly.
“Do you even have a heart?”
“I guess. But that doesn’t mean I use it. The reason I came back for you is because if I didn’t, then my peridot would be taken from me.”
“You mean MY peridot?” She shouted.
“No! Are you a peridot dragon? NO! The only one who can rightfully own peridot is a peridot dragon!”
He furiously chopped off the heads of fish and started a new fire.
“You aren’t a true dragon…” Luna realized. “You aren’t a true dragon, you’re only half dragon!”
“How’d you figure it out?”
“Your eyes aren’t green, they’re yellow, and your skin isn’t a pale green. Orfeo’s skin was a very pale purple, and his eyes were purple. But your blood is tainted with human blood, that’s why you can’t control the dragon… Right?”
“YES!” He snapped. “Yea… My mom was part human, part dragon, as so my father. And my youngest sister was completely human, while my eldest brother was all dragon. I on the other hand, was just like my parents, half and half. But they are ALL dead.
"In order for me to control the dragon, I need peridot. If you would have listened to me three years ago and given me the peridot, then Orfeo would be with you right now, not me. But you chose to believe his lies-.”
“What? He told only the truth! You cannot contain yourself at times, and peridot makes you stronger, and thus, more dangerous.”
Yes, stronger. But not necessarily more dangerous. And I can too contain myself at times, like when I attacked you three years ago… I could have killed you. But I didn’t.”
“Why?” She asked full of curiousness.
“Because I knew I could find help from someone. And I did. Her name is Nyx, she is like a mother to me. Because of her… I really am different,” His voice softened a little bit.
“Where does she reside?”
“Mount Fliff. She is a turquoise dragon, and can only live in cold climates. I plan on going there in two days, so hurry up and get better so we can leave!”
“I’m not leaving D’Mar! This is my home!” She exclaimed.
Eikki stood and towered over her.
“You will come with me! Or else I will kill you and feed you to the bears!”
He left the cave and climbed on top of it to watch the sunset.

“I will go with you on one condition,” Luna bargained before they laid down for sleep.
“What?” He asked in an irritated tone.
“We burry Orfeo… AND, you let me get my things.”
“Isn’t that two? Ohhhh, Fine, whatever.”
Luna was satisfied and laid down on her pallet of fur. She stared at the moon for a while, and then fell asleep.

“Run! He’s going to kill you!” She told herself. She looked in her hand at the peridot necklace. Eikki jumped on her and they tumbled down a hill. He fell on top of her and bared his sharp fangs with a deep growl.
Tears rolled down her face as he was about to stab her, but he dropped the sword when he saw the tears. He put his face close to hers and growled again. But it was meaner and angrier.
She sat up and hit Eikki’s head.
“Hey!” He fell back and rubbed his forehead.
I must have been dreaming, she thought.
“What are you doing?” She asked.
“You were screaming and so I slapped you, but you still didn’t stop!”
“Oh… I… I’m sorry.” She lay back down and silence fell again.
He crawled back onto his palette and fell asleep listening to her breathe.

Luna was ready before the sun came up, but Eikki was still very much asleep.
She tapped his head with her foot and he mumbled. She hit it harder and he woke up.
“What was that for?” He asked and rubbed his eyes.
“I’m ready, let’s go!”
He gave her a sour look, trying to hide the fact he was impressed by her readiness in her condition.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment