Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Village Camosa and the People in it

longer chapters, but not so many. Enjoy and please tell me if there is anything I can work on!

Chapter 3 - Village Camosa and the People in it

Chapter 3 - Village Camosa and the People in it
Their village was very simple.
The roads were... Well, ok, there really weren't any roads; Just flattened grass where the people normally walked.
Theo and his grandfather’s hut had two levels, but the second level was only Theo's bed and his book shelf and his extra large trunk.
On the lower level there was a large fire pit in the middle of the room, surrounded by large cushions for sitting on. His grandfathers bed sat in a small nook under Theo's ladder (which he made himself from bamboo and hemp). There were two windows, one above Theo's bed and one above his grandfathers. The hut was made out of bamboo, mud and grass, the only one made with those materials.
It did look out of place, compared to the other huts that were made from animals skin and bamboo, but it kept Theo and his grandfather warm on cold nights.
Beside their hut, resided Theo's four sisters, Camille, Henrietta, Rena, and Jade. Camille was the eldest, being 22 years old, and was the only teacher at the village school. She had black hair, brown eyes and dark skin.
Henrietta was younger than Theo, being 17; she was a dress maker for the Mayor's wife. She had dark brown hair, green eyes and dark skin.
Rena was 15 and studied literature with the librarian at the mayor's home. She had light brown hair, blue eyes and pale skin, since she spent most of her time indoors like Theo.
Then there was Jade. At ten she could make a cake that would please the mayor himself (harder than it seems). Now 11, she makes cakes for fun and sells five a day to the mayor. She has red hair, brown eyes and pale skin.

Josiah, he librarian at the mayor's home was 20 years old, and was the only man in Camosa that had blond hair. Theo believes that the only reason Rena studies at the library for five hours a day is because she is madly in love with Josiah. But she would NEVER admit to that.
Then there was Haron, then gardener at the Mayor's home. Camille had caught his attention, and he sent her a rare purple rose every day, to prove his love for her. She did like him, nut she said she was much too busy to meddle around with love.
The shopkeeper Jenka was an old woman, but the nicest one in Camosa. Her son and his wife, John and Lily, were farmers, along with Lily's parents and brothers.
Theo's aunt Marbell worked at the Mayor's home as a maid, and her husband was a chef at the Mayor's home.

These people were basically what made up Camosa, along with few travelers that came every year and stayed for a few months, but left with half of Camosa's women whom had been swept away by the young traveling men.
And now that the mayor was leaving, how would these humble and poor people survive?

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment