Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Alone?

longer chapters, but not so many. Enjoy and please tell me if there is anything I can work on!

Chapter 4 - Alone?

Chapter 4 - Alone?
Theo watched his sister in disbelief as she packed her things into her red trunk.
"Theo," She began. "I'm sorry, but just think of how much better eveything will be here for you, no more people bothering you and grandpa... I know you'll enjoy the peace, and there are still many people staying here."
"Hen, there weren't that many people here to begin with.... Fourty at the most! And now we're down to fifteen... How are we going to survive?" Theo said solemnly.
"Well, if you're worried about survivng then come with me, with us! You won't have to worry about anything, you'll be safe with us!"
"No, I'm not leaving. You know gramps would NEVER leave and there is NO WAY I would leave him behind... And I suppose Rena is going too, being as she's in love with... What's his name?"
"Josiah... And yes Theo, she's coming too. But maybe I can persuade Josiah to stay here and then maybe Rena will too," She looked hopefulle up at Theo as she shoved one last quilt she had made on top of her other things.
"No, they'd be miserable here..."
Henrietta picked up her trunk by one handle and dragged it out the door.
A small wagon met them outside, along with Gilderoy, who sat twiddling his thumbs.
"Hen...." Theo whispered. "Go back inside for a minute."
"Why?"
"Just do it."
She slowly went back inside the hut, leaving her trunk sitting there.
"Gilderoy, I want ot talk to you."
Gilderoy looked up and sighed.
"Look, if this is one of those, "Hurt Hen and I'll rip you head off", talks then I know already," Gilderoy said.
"Listen you little half brained vermon!" Theo said furiously. "I don't like your attitude and since your taking my sister away, you'd better straighten up!"
"Ok, ok.... I get that your mad at me, but, Hen sees her chance to be happy, and free, and she's taking it. Somehow I don't think you OR me has a say in what she chooses right now."
"Are you going to marry her?"
"Yes, I am and my intentions are good Theo, I sware."
"I can't trust you Gilderoy... Your father may be a good man, but he's a little oblivious to what his children do..."
"Are you refferring to my brother?! You have no right saying anything like that!"
"Yes, I AM refferring to your brother... You know what he did was extremely wrong, and still you stick up for him."
"Because he's my brother Theo! You think Hen leaving is wrong but you're still telling me that is I hurt her I'm dead, isn't that what people call sticking up for one another?"
Hentrietta came storming out of the house.
"Stop you stupid ignorant children!" She shouted.
Gilderoy lowered his head and Theo crossed his arms.
"I think the whole village can hear you two carrying on like babies... Now Theo, shake Roy's hand, and tell him honestly how you feel about him."
"HEN!" Gilderoy looked up and squeaked at her.
"With pleasure Henrietta..." Theo smile and grabbed Gilderoy's hand.
"Roy," He began. "I think your a low, coniving, scum bag that just wants my sister to show off. I think you think of yourself as a high and mighty man, in a better position than your father, and I think your pig headed too."
"Now Roy, you do the same," Henrietta said.
Roy grabbed Theo's hand and said, "Theo, you should be smart and come with us, but I realise now that you're not capable of something like that. I think you're stupid and crazy like your gramps, and I hope you rot here like everyone else."
Theo looked at Roy and smiled.
"Somehow..." He said.
"Somehow what?" Asked Roy.
"Nothing, nevermind. Just don't screw up Roy."


Several days had already passed since the mayor's leaving Camosa, and taking almost everyone with him.
Theo spent hours sulking in his room. He had absolutely nothing to do, and so he filled the already pitiful hours of his days sulking.

Edgar came into the hut, holding a rope and at the end of the rope was a....
"What is THAT?" Theo said loudly.
Edgar looked up and smiled a very toothy smile.
"This, my son, is a Dupper."
The creature was very small, and looked much like a small pug dog, but he had a blueish sheen to his white fur, and his paws had small tallons. Theo couldn't quite tell, but he thought he saw small clear wings on the Duppers back.
"Where is it from?"
"I'm not sure, I'm taking him to Flowers today, maybe she'll know something... But I doubt it."
"Then why do it? Why not find out yourself... Like, by reading about it... And how do even know its called a Dupper?"
Edgar glanced up at him and perced his lips.
"Come down here and hold him while I get some food for the poor thing."
Theo hopped from his ladder and landed with a loud thud and the Dupper shrunk back and whimpered.
"Oh, poor little guy!" Edgar scopped him up and the Dupper nuzzled his nose in Edgar's loose shirt.
He handed the Dupper to Theo and the Dupper licked his fingers lightly and then began nibbling on them. He then bit down hard and Theo yelped, dropping the little creature.
It too, gave out a loud cry and darted under Edgar's bed.
"Theo, be careful now, he's very small!" Edgar shouted.
"The stupid thing bit me!" Theo held out his finger, which was gushing blood around his knuckle. "I'm sorry, but I'm not helping out with that thing!"
"Fine... I'll feed him and take him to Flowers..." Edgar grumbled.

Well, he did take the Dupper to Flowers, but made Theo tag along.
He sat outside the shop, sulking once again. After a while Edgar came out holding the Dupper, and a large basket of lettuce, carrots, bread, flowers, honey and something green in a jar.
"Theo, please take the Dupper for me for a while... I need to talk to Flower about something... erm... personal and I can't because the little guys squrimin so much."
"Fine, but don't take too long..." Theo groaned.
But the words he had said bedore Edgar went back inside the shop probably had no chance. An hour passed slowly, then two..... then another half hour.
Theo was pleased only about one thing; the Dupper slept for about two hours.
But when it woke up it started eating his jacket and he popped its little short nose.
It laid on his lap looking up at him every second as if it was saying he was being too mean.
He grabbed some lettuce and laid it in front of the Dupper.
Quickly, the little guy gobbled it up. Theo kept passing it more and more and more until it was completely gone. The Dupper sniffed around the basket and started licking the honey jar furiously.
Theo opened it and dipped his finger in it..
"Not a good idea," He whispered and poured a little bit of honey on the ground.
The Dupper lapped it up savoringly and the flopped on its side, panting and full.
Rainclouds rolled in and it started sprinkling lightly. But Theo wasn't paying attention... Neither was he paying attention to the Dupper wondering off towards the woods.
The rope slowly began dragging out of Theo's hand and finally he noticed it wasn't there anymore.
He jumped up and ran to the Dupper, who bolted away.
Theo followed the Dupper into the woods for at least ten minute. Then the rope snagged on a tree and the Dupper wriggled its head out of the collar.
It ran behind a very large tree that was at least seven feet wide.
Theo poked his head around the tree to see something of great shock.
A girl, younger than him, had the Dupper in her arms, cuddling it and saying, "Oh Dory, I can't believe I found you! You little monster, don't scare me like that again."
She had long light brown hair that had a red sheen to it, and there were weird markings around her eyes, like black dots and swirls. Her clothes were definitely odd too.
She wore a short green skirt with flowers wrapped around it like vines and her green lacey shirt was covered in sparkles and black swirls like the ones on her eyes.
Suddenly, as if on purpose, the Dupper, who seemed to be called Dory, looked in Theo's direction and barked and yelped.
The girl looked up quickly, fear sweeping over her face.
"We're alone Dory... Hush, we're alone..." She whispered.
Then, Theo, leaping out of sight too quickly, lost footing on a giant root that seemed to move itself in his path, and fell with a small yelp.
One of his feet showed itself and she gasped. He quickly pulled it back in and stood up.
When he looked around the corner again, she was doing the same on the other side.
"Who are you?" She said.
"No, who are you?"

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment