Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - The King and Queen of Helm

longer chapters, but not so many. Enjoy and please tell me if there is anything I can work on!

Chapter 6 - The King and Queen of Helm

Chapter 6 - The King and Queen of Helm
"Well, hurry and eat, we'll have to meet my parents in.... Exactly 6 minutes," She said looked above his head at a clock he didn't even notice was there.
Slowly, he inched the spoon towards his mouth and ate the soup. He had no idea what was in it, the meat tasted like flowers, and the broth tasted like.... Oranges. But it was satisfying and they both ate the whole pot in five minutes.


It was very dark in the court room. But Theo could see all the gold adorned chairs and tables.
When the great chandalier's candles were lit, the whole room sparkled.
He had never seen anything as grand as the rooms in Helm's castle. It was so extraordinary, he still couldn't fathom everything.
And when the King and Queen came through the doorway behind the stage, Theo about died.
There was Neville, his beautiful long, blond hair swaying as he walked regally and set himself down on his throne. The Queen came behind him, her long, scarlet robes softly wisping the ground, her long black, wavy hair bouncing happily. Their faces seemed so young, even after 20 years.
How is the not a dream? Theo thought... Its so impossible.
Mira sat beside her husband, and he smiled at her.
"Stay back here until I say to come out," Helmina whispered and walked out from the shadows of the balcony overhead.
She bowed respectfully low and then straightened.
"Helmina," Neville calmly said. "I wasn't so surprised by your running off again, but your mother and I have decided to take a more cautious approach to your freedom."
"Yes father," Helmina said quietly.
"The forest is NOT safe anymore," Her mother said firmly. "We love you very much, and thats why we have decided to..."
Neville and Mira looked at eachother.
"Ban you from leaving the castle to go into the forest," Neville said. "You may go into Helm on a weekly basis, but not the forest. If any of your pets runs off, we'll have someone fetch them for you."
"Mina, I know it might be hard to understand now, but believe me, when you're older, you may go wherever you like," Her mother finished.
"Yes, I understand mother," Said Helmina.
"One more thing, Helmina," Neville's voice hardened slightly and Helmina looked at the ground.
"Yes?"
"Mr. Knobbs told me something... about ten minutes ago, that you've brought a friend with you... Who is it?"
"Well, fa-father... H...He comes from a v-village outside of the w-woods... And his name i-is... The-Theodore Webster."
Neville stood quickly, his eyes fixed on his daughter.
"Theo... Theodore... WEBSTER?" He whispered in disbelief. "He did return."
Neville smiled.
"Well, lovely surprise then huh?"
"Yes father."
"He may stay for..." He looked back at Mira, who gave a nod.
"For a few days. But no more than that. He must return..."
"And his memory... You won't erase it will you?" Helmina stepped forward.
"I will think on it Mina. In the mean time, I'll tell Mr. Knobbs to keep him occupied."
"Yes father."

And keep him occupied he did.
Mr. Knobbs never let Theo out of his sight, yelling orders and smacking the back of his head when he messed up.
One afternoon, after Theo had been there a day, Mr. Knobbs came trotting into the garden, watching Theodore plant the bulbs of emerald trees along the gate.
"Theo, don't forget to water the plants AFTER they're planted, the get mighty thirsty you know!"
"Yes Mr. Knobbs," Theo replied respectfully and yet reluctantly.
"And when you're finished, make sure Dory hasn't soiled her bed again... And if she has, then... Well, clean it up. And feed the horses."
"Mr. Knobbs... Can I ask you something?"
Mr. Knobbs looked at Theo with suspition.
"Ok..."
"Well, why do I have to work so hard if this isn't my home? I mean, I'm not staying here right?" Theo carefully wound the words into sentences so that Mr. Knobbs wouldn't suspect Theo was in the Courtroom with Helmina the day before.
"You work... Because you came, and you're sleeping here and eating here right? So, working is... Well, I guess you could say its "paying for room and board."
"My what?" Asked Theo.
"You're room and board son... you know, like a hotel, or an inn? Never been to one?"
"Nope."
"Well, I can't expect you to have been," Mr. Knobbs mumbled and strolled back into the castle.

The sun's rays constantly shone over the garden that afternoon, hotter than ever. It was like he was being punished for something he didn't do, and the sun was in Cahoots with Mr. Knobbs.
He cursed the sun as he dug further into the ground, further and further to plant the stupid, gigantic emerald tree bulb. He had never seen an emerald tree, and didn't much care for whatever its purpose was. All he wanted was to see Neville face to face, and then get home.
But the next day, Mr. Knobbs kept him so busy he couldn't think. He didn't eat until dinner, he didn't see Helmina until dinner, and he didn't sleep until after dinner.
In bed, he laid there thinking about his grandfather, Neville and the secret city of Helm. The next day, he would face Neville, and go home with his memory... Possibly.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment