Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - A Secret Plan

longer chapters, but not so many. Enjoy and please tell me if there is anything I can work on!

Chapter 8 - A Secret Plan

Chapter 8 - A Secret Plan
"What did he then say?" Helmina's big eyes peered at Theodore curiously.
"Well, he told me you might ask what was said.... Then he made me promise I wouldn't tell anything," Theo replied. He couldn't look into her eyes for he knew what the future was to behold from the meeting prior to this day. Helmina didn't, and now Theo felt quite uncomrotable around her.
He was to be her husband.
Mr. Christopha Gavin objected greatly to the match, but Neville insisted it was a good match considering Theo was a man not from Helm City nor was he royalty.
"Oh Theodore you know I'm going to butcher the truth out of you!"
"Well, I won't go back on my word, so don't waste your breath," He stood up and began walking out of the library.
"Oh Theo, please tell me one thing. Is it good? Was father good to you?"
"Yes... Yes, it is good and he was good to me."

"Well, I don't see why he should marry her," Mr. Gavin told his servant. "He's not right for her and he's not fit for the throne.... I shall over rule him soon enough. Even if it means the ruination of the King and Queen."
"Mr Gavin must be careful," His servan admonished. "I must say I admire your courage, but do remember what you're fighting for."
"Oh I remember... Vividly... The revenge on my fathers rightful place on the throne which he was denied... "
"Yes sir. He would be proud to see you've made a place in the royal Courtroom."
"I've devised a plan Darson.... I'm going to make Mina fall in love with me, then I'm going to... Well, t6ake my rightful place on the throne, no matter what may try and stand in my way. I WILL not let this family take over. Its not their place to."

"Mother, whom shall I marry? I don't want to wait anymore, I'm ready."
"Mina dear, you know it shall only be on your 20th birthday your husband will be named."
"Do you know him?"
"Yes. But not very well."
"Do I?"
"I shan't tell you."
"Will he love me? Shall I love him?"
"I belive the match is a fair choice."
"You're not telling me much," Mina was irritated.
"Mina, thats what I'm instructed to do. You know, before I knew your father was to be my husband... I knew him and he was my best friend. I was only allowed to live outside the Helm city because at the time, there was a great enemy to many people in Helm and Jahd. Many died, and as the only heir to the Helm's throne, I was to be protected. So, I was sent to a village and there I met your father. I fell in love with him the minute I met him and saw his kindness. I implored my mother and father to let us marry, and after many tries, they accepted."
"How did you know you actually loved father?"
"I don't know. He was a kind and gentle man, very strong too. I just felt my heart had wings when he was around, and I was miserable without him. When you fall in love, you'll know. Its not only the outside actions that make you feel close to a person, but what is inside their heart and how they make you feel."
"I should like to feel that way about my husband when we first meet."
"I'm sure you will darling. Now hurry and finish your stitching, Mr. Knobbs is ready for your arithametic."

Theo felt so light hearted and dizzy since his deal with Neville. To be his daughters husband, and King of Helm. What was it like to be King? Especially of an unknown city? What would he tell his grandfather? Helmina's birthday was only 1 month away, and time was passing quicker than usual.
Preparations were already beginning for her party and the announcement of their engagement. How would she feel about it? She wouldn't know they were destined for eachother until her birthday.
Theo was so nervous and yet content with the idea. He hadn't known Helmina for very long, and they had become friends very quickly.
And as he looked up into the cloudy sky while taking a break from diggin in the garden, he felt at ease knowing his future was secure and safe.
For now.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment