Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 9 - The Serpant's Diary

longer chapters, but not so many. Enjoy and please tell me if there is anything I can work on!

Chapter 9 - The Serpant's Diary

Chapter 9 - The Serpant's Diary
Another day passed slowly.
Theo had forgotten about the book he found in his grandfather's room- the one with serpants on it, and he had forgotten about the strange keys he found.
Until Mina came hopping down the hallway to greet him with a small book in her hands.
This book made his jaw drop when he saw it. It had intertwining serpants on it just like the other one, but the middle serpant had a red sphere in his mouth, not a blue one. And this one was pocket size.
"Mina... Where did you get this?" He asked before she had time to say hello.
"This? Oh its been in this castle for years and years! My father said I could have any book in the library I wanted, isn't that great?" She was so giddy.
"What's it about?"
"I don't know, I was just about to start reading when mama told me go find Mr. Knobb and tell him...... Oh, no... I forgot what I was supposed to tell him. Oops!"
Theo was quiet. The book looked like it was locked just like the other one.
"Whats wrong?" She asked.
"No-nothing... I'm just, tired."
"Oh... Well, you want to read it together?"
"O-ok."
She grabbed his hand and darted down the hall way, and went into a dark room. She hopped over to the window and pulled open the drapes, letting sunshine flow in.
Theo squinted, and looked around, realizing they were in the biggest library he had ever seen.
"Wow," He whispered as he gazed at the shelves upon shelves upon shelves of books.
"This is my library, father gave it to me for my birthday last year. He's so generous and kind, I don't deserve half of what he gives me," She sighed and plopped down in a large, velvety chair, which her legs hung out over the edge. "Sit," She said and patted the chair next to her. Theo sat, his legs touching the granite floor.
"I'm not sure how to oper it, I've seen Mr. Knobb try, and try, and TRY, to get it open, but he's never succeeded. Silly old man."
And then, just like that, the book made a clicking noise and Mina opened it.
"There!..... Oh wow, look Theo, look at the pages, they're REAL paper, not parchment! Oh, my, goodness... Theo, this-this isn't a real book... Read."
She handed him the open book. The letters on the paper were handwritten in great, elagent penmanship.
The first page said:

Collidus Day
Father told me I'm to stay indoors today. Its a dangerous day. Collidus day is when all the raving creatures of the forest come out, and feast on eachother. Some even get into the village. I've never seen a real beast, and I want to. I think I can tame them. I mean, I tamed my pet Salizar, the alligator. And mama has always told me I have a gift with animals. I'm almost 18, and I know my father only wants to keep me safe. But I am strong, Mr. Drake told me I have great wisdom and knowledge concerning animals, and my archer skills have improved greatly. I'm not defenseless, and my father knows it. I wouldn't do anything too stupid.
Every Collidus day my fathers hunting party goes out into the woods, and all of them come back, they even bring meat. Their caravan is about to leave, and I think I might stow away. I'll have my bow and arrows, my emerald dagger father gave me for my birthday, and my book on medicine. Just in case.


"Mina, whose is this?"
She shrugged her shoulders. "I've never heard of Collidus day. Have you?"
"No. Why don't you ask your father or mother?"
"I guess. But isn't this interesting? A diary from one of my anscestors! I wonder who they were."
"Mina, I.... I found a book exactly like this one on my grandfathers house. But it was much bigger and the sphere wasn't red, it was blue. It was the day I came here."
"Really? Well, then, we'll go back to your grandfathers and find it!"
"What? Are you serious?" His eyes widened and he choked. "Won't we get in trouble?"
"I will, you won't, I'll tell father it was my idea."
But since Mina didn't know they were engaged and that Neville had entrusted her to Theo, he had to object.
"No Mina. It would be better to ask your parents permission first."
She looked at him with her big brown eyes and her pouty lips.
"But, its an adventure Theodore. And you haven't seen your grandfather in a long time."
"Don't try and bribe me Mina. We'll ask permission first."
Then she got up and left.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment