Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 10 - Enemies

longer chapters, but not so many. Enjoy and please tell me if there is anything I can work on!

Chapter 10 - Enemies

Chapter 10 - Enemies
That night at dinner, Mina didn't so much as glance in Theo's direction.
She had funny ways of showing her emotions, and someimtes it pissed Theo off.
He wanted to say something to her, but her parents were present and seeming to have a very nice time.
"Mina, next week you can go into the village with Heidi," Her mother began. "She's going to the Tea House to buy herbs for medicine, and she asked if you could come along. You'll have a lot of fun, the tea House is an amazing place."
"It sounds great, mother," Mina smiled.
"Oh, dear, you wouldn't believe what I heard about Miss Castro," Mira said to Neville. "She was attending Lord Pastridge's gala, and she arrived as drunk as a bum and insulted four of his staff. Then, oh dear! And then, she sat on his tea-cup dog!"
"She certainly isn't a lightweight either!" The both busted in laughs, but Theo and Mina remained unmoved for that was not even remotely close to being funny.
But the King and Queen had been enjoying the gift of wine for most of the evening.
"Mina," He said quietly.
She ignored him.
"Mina, acknowledge me."
Nothing.
"You're acting like a child."
"Oh shut up! You only speak to hear yourself!" She hissed as quietly as she could.
"Let's not argue over something pety, I don't even remember why you're mad at me."
She grunted. "Just like a guy."
"What?"
"Nothing..."
"I'm sorry ok?"
"Don't apologize if you don't know what you're apologizing for... Mother, Father, may I be excused from dinner?"
"Yes Mina," Her father replied and returned to his giddy conversation with his wife.
Mina shot up from her chair and darted away.
Theo sighed.
"Mi-Might I be excused?"
"Yes, my boy..." Neville said.

Theo searched all the rooms on the main floor of the castle for Mina,and then he searched her library but she wasn't there. She could be anywhere, considering how huge the castle was.
He was walking up the stairs to the third corridor in the west wing, towords his room when he saw someone dart out of the shaodws in his periferal vision and stopped. He turned and saw a short figure go inside a doorway and then heard a cluncking noise.
He paused for a moment and toook a deep breath.
"This castle is freaky," He whispered, and decided to follow whoever -or whatever- that was.
The room it went into was fairly dark, and expectantly larger than he thought. It was a circular room full of chairs and bookcases. No one was in there though.
Suddenly, a light came from the left wall, and someone went into another doorway.
Theo ducked, hoping they didn't see him following them.
He waiting a few more seconds and tip-toed to the door. He then pressed his ear against it and listened hard. His heavy breathing and pounding heart were the only things he heard. So, mustering the courage from somewhere deep inside of himself, he placed his hand on the door handle, and opened it.
He was greeted by a yard of statues, and he felt confusion sweep over his face. 'What in the world?' He thought as he stood on his toes to see how far back the yard went. Pretty far.
He then realized that it wasn't a yard, it was a balcony with no ledge or staircase or anything to it. He walked to the edge and looked down.
About 40 to 50 feet down. The wind was blowing and the sun was setting.
It certainly was an odd place, but Theo didn't think twice before he started walking to the other side.
All the statues were of people, and they were tall. They weren't just plain, carved images, they were extremely detailed and even had names and a few paragraphs long description carved into the base.
He didn't stop to read any, because he was too bsy with excitement to notice the two men standing in plain sight about 20 feet away. One cleared his thraot and Theo jumped out of his skin.
"Well, what have we here?" ONe asked with a sinister smile.
"I think he looks like he don't know where he is..." The other said and pulled out a short blade.
Theo's heart skipped several beats and his feet began running when his body wasn't ready.
He fell on his face and then got up, his mind finally in focus as to what was going on. He barely turned his head before he saw the two men running after him.
'I have to get to Neville.' He thought and burst through the door he came out earlier. He tripped over several chairs and almost hit a bookcase, but he made it out just as the other guys were coming into the room.

As he ran down the flights of stairs towords the dinning room, his mind was runnning faster than his feet. He tried slowing down so he wouldn't fall, but he couldn't. He was so scared, all he want to do was find Neville, and make sure that Mina was safe.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment