Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Untitled

A neopets story

Chapter 1 - Untitled

Chapter 1 - Untitled
I felt my heart beating quickly. I dashed around, looking for a place to run and escape. All the guards were on my tail, allowing many other neopets to escape thanks to me.
“Run! Go!” I shouted to Kougie. “I know you’re small, but you can do it!” Kougie tried to run, but the guards had already gotten to his cell. I saw Calishinaria running next to me.
“I got your back, run ahead!” she shouted. We both sped out of there zippity-quick.
We came to the edge of the castle. What to do now? The only option was to jump. We looked at each other, nodded, and jumped. I had never felt such a thrilling thing in my life. I had never been a korbat or an eyrie or anything, only a kacheek for my entire life. So I had never felt the thrill of flying like many others had. The wind was blowing in my face and it felt like flying. I was slowly floating down. I turned my head to look at Cali. She was floating too, with a look of disbelief on her face.
It was then that it hit me. Kougie was still up there, and there was no way to fly back up. My heart was tugging to go back, yet my body didn’t allow me. Why was my heart longing for her? I asked myself. The words raced through my head. ‘The eternal bond cannot be broken. Your lives are intertwined forever. Do not leave his side for any reason. You are the one. Do not forget that.’ What would happen to him? Would all of Neopia be in ruin because of…me?

We lightly landed on the ground to my surprise. I thought we would make a huge thud and get hurt quite a bit. Was it because I needed to go back and save Kougie? I stood there for a minute thinking, then chased after Cali. I couldn’t believe it. I was…free! Free from the place they called Darigan’s Castle. Free from the guards. Free from my cage. I let the sun beat down upon my head for the first time in two whole months.
The first thing I did was go home. I asked a boat rower if he could take us both to Neopia for free, because we had no money. He agreed once we told him our stories. I was on my way back to where I truly belonged!
I sprinted up to my house and knocked on the door. Would I remember what anything looked like? Had any of my family changed? Or any of my friends? Would they even know what I looked like anymore? A rainbow draik answered.
“M…Meeky? Is that r…really you? Mom! It’s Meeky!” Owner sprinted down the stairs with seven other neopets following. We then had a huge hugging party. I had missed everyone there like crazy, but the one I missed most was Charralina. I sprinted over to her and we must have been talking for an hour.
It was the day after I returned. I had a bandage around my sprained ankle and a cup of hot borovan sitting in front of me. Life was good for now. I knew that I had to go rescue Kougie but I just couldn’t. I had gotten so used to my old life that it had begun to control me again. I was now afraid of the metal bars of my cage that seemed to be my life a few days ago. I had begun to fear the cruel guards that had stood by my cage. It would only be another few days until I left… but he could wait, couldn’t he?

I laid down in my cold cage. What did I have left to be thankful for? Many of the other pets had escaped a few hours ago, including Meeky. I seemed to be the only one left. It was a cold and pitch-black night. I heard a noise next to my cage. A guard? I stayed silent for a minute to hear what it was. Yes, it was a guard. A darigan lupe.
“Cassi? Is that you?” He asked. Cassi was the nicest guards in the castle. She only worked for Kass because she was his brother.
“Yes, it’s me, Kougie. Come with me. Kass told me to give you a new cage.” Cassi unlocked his small cage and pulled it open with a loud creak. She instructed me to follow her and led me down the hall. I hadn’t walked in two whole months. I took the opportunity to stretch my paws. “Here we are,” she told me. She took her set of keys, grabbed one, and forced it into the rusty lock. She opened the door with another loud creak. I grudgingly walked into it. “Make yourself at home,” she said as she closed the door
Kougie looked around. Slightly larger than his other cage. I had enough room to turn around and move a bit now. I was too tired to notice anything else, so he quickly fell asleep.
The next morning I realized what had happened. I was in a fairly large cage that had a bit of padding on the bottom. I felt movement above him. What was it? I slowly stuck my muzzle out the wire of his cave and looked up. Another cage was above me, and one was below me. What was going on? Were they all being moved or something? Would I be…free?

I decided that I had to go save Kougie. By myself or with my friends, I just had to. I was his guardian until he had done his job.
“But Meeky…what if they find you?” Charralina asked tearfully. I told her that I would be fine, and not to worry. I ran around the town, gathered all my battling friends, and we left to go save him. We were nine strong pets ready to fight for our friends. We walked up to a Neopia/Meridell boat and all paid the fee, ready to do anything. After a few hours on the boat, we got to Meridell.
“Remember, we release the kougra at all costs. He is our mission,” I reminded my friends. They nodded and we all ran up to the floating city.
“Air faerie?”
“Check!”
“Battledome equipment?”
“Check!
“H4000 helmets and ropes?”
Check and check! We’re ready to go!” I grabbed an air faerie and pulled the cork. A beautiful blue faerie flew out.”
“Hello kind Neopians! Thanks you very much for freeing me. What shall I do in return for you?”
“Take us up to the castle in the sky, please.” We began to float up at an increasing speed. In a few minutes, we were up at the top. Suddenly, many guards ran out of the castle at us! We were outnumbered. I just hope they don’t…

I looked around. Someone was picking up the cages and moving them! I got a bit excited. What if we were free? Someone picked up my cage. Where were we all going? I looked around again. I saw something green in the corner of my eye. Was it Meeky? I kept staring until I could see it more clearly. It was Meeky!
“Kougie!” she shouted at me. She ran over and attacked the guard that was carrying my cage. I saw Kass run over to my cage and grab it very quickly.
“Flee little neopet while you still have the chance,” he snarled at Meeky. He ran into a room still carrying me. “We end this once and for all. Neopia will not rule over Kass’s army! And I will make sure of that!” He tore open my cage after locking all the doors. “Now, it is time to die!” He grabbed a sword and swung it at me. I don’t know what happened then. All I knew was that my fear and confusion combined, and some force must have surrounded me. Right as it was about to hit me, it swung back. I was being guarded by something greater than I had ever imagined.
“Fool! You dare meddle in what you cannot control? You will soon learn the consequences of your actions!” something inside me shouted. Someone had taken over my body, I think.

I clawed at the door, then got an idea. I knew I had to get there before anyone saw me. I grabbed my sword and flung it at the door. There was a huge dent. I continuously threw my sword at the door until there was a hole large enough for me to climb through. Perfect timing too, because a guard was just about to get me.
When I walked in cautiously, I saw something that almost made me faint. Little Kougie was glowing! Kass seemed to fear him. Kougie shouted some weird things at Kass and started floating up to the ceiling. I fainted.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment