Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Twisted Daily Life

After Jak 3. Torn is bitten by a mysterious creature and things go crazy.

Chapter 1 - Twisted Daily Life

Chapter 1 - Twisted Daily Life


Just a little thing I thought up while watching my little brother play Champions: Return to arms and watching S-cry-ed before that. Um… there's not much to say now so let's get started…..! (P.S. It's after Jak 3)



Chapter 1: Twisted Daily Life

Boredom. That's what it was. Boredom. Yes, Torn, Leader of the Haven City Freedom Guard, was bored. The war was over, there were barely any Metalheads left worth hunting, and Daxter; that freaking loud mouthed ottsel; would not shut up. Torn had given him a good whack earlier but his head still pounded.

Now he was on the roof of a building all the way out in the wasteland city of Spargus, letting the cool breeze from the ocean rush over his tattooed face and bare chest. The heat was getting to him; the sun was directly over head.

Waves of heat shimmered like ghosts in the air. Heck, the pants might come off too if the weather didn't cool down! Torn allowed himself a grin. The Freedom Guard Leader with only boxers on in public? That would be a sight, that rat Daxter and his buddy Jak sure might get a laugh out of it.

Remembering the reason he was out here in the first place, Torn lay down on the stone surface, face to the sky, and placed an arm over his deep brown eyes to shield them from the sun. Sweat gleamed like diamonds on his skin. Man, he'd never been so hot in his life! The pants came off. Not that it helped much.

“Ahhg…what an absolutely miserable day…!” Torn moaned as his head gave an exceptionally painful throb, “And this headache…I'm gonna kill that rat!”

At that point, the ex-Krimzon Guard figured he must have dozed off because when he opened his eyes again, it was night and somebody was shaking him awake.

“Torn…hey, Torn…! Come on, wake up!”

“Shut your trap, I'm up, I'm up!” Torn sat up, rubbed his head, and turned to see who it was that had woken him. Jak looked at him with concern and amusement shimmering in his green eyes and his blonde-green hair seemed to glow in the light of the full moon.

“Where's the rat?” Torn muttered, standing up and stretching.

“Naughty Ottsel.” Jak said, “I've been looking for you all day.”

“Why?”

“A Metalhead hunt; there's far more out here than there is in Haven City.”

“Sure, I'll go. Kind of chilly to night, don't you think?”

“It would be but I've got cloths on so no, not really.”

“WHAT!?” Torn hurriedly snatched up his pants and shirt, face turning a delicate shade of pink. Jak struggled to hold back his laugh, hand over his mouth and everything, but in the end he could do it no longer and his voice rang out across Spargus followed by Torn's angry shouts.

*~In the Wasteland~*

“Quit pouting!” Jak smirked through his red scarf, eyes glinting behind his goggles.

“I'm not pouting, I'm bored!” Torn snapped; another scarf and a pair of goggles covered his face and his borrowed Wastelander clothing fluttered in the wind. He was in the passenger seat of the Gila Stomper and Jak was at the wheel, speeding over the sand with practiced agility and reflexes.

There was little need for the headlights because the moonlight was so bright but Jak kept them on anyway as they skidded to halt in front of the mouth of a cave.

“What's this?” Torn slid out of the vehicle, pulling out his guns and loading them quickly; a skill he'd learned from his years in the Krimzon Guard.

“A Metalhead nest,” Jak responded, leaping out of the Gila Stomper and yanking out his Vulcan Fury, “There are tons of nasties in there!”

“Well, than what are we waiting for!?” Torn dove into the cave, Jak close behind him.

*~Two hours later, deep in the caves~*

“I thought you said there were tons of nasties in here…!” Torn muttered, walking around a corner without bothering to look for enemies, “There's nothing …!”

“There was yesterday…” Jak said and his voice trailed off.

Torn's anger bubbled to the surface. He'd had enough; he was tired, hungry, bored, and wanted to go home.

“I'm calling this off,” He grumbled, turning around, “Let's go home, Jak….”

“Torn, look out!” Jak screeched, pointing his gun directly at his tattooed friend.

“WHAT THE-!? JAK POINT THAT THING SOMEWHERE ELSE!” Torn howled, “AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHG!”

Something bit Torn, hard, in his right arm and he screamed in agony. Looking down, he saw an odd little creature that looked like a crocadog but with a longer tail, metal spikes on its forehead, haunches, fore and rear knee joints, and tail end, black fur, and rabid looking red eyes.

“GET IT OFF!” Torn shook his arm furiously, even slamming it against the cave wall in an attempt to dislodge the beast, “JAK! SHOOT THE DARN THING!”

“YOU'RE MOVING TOO MUCH! I CAN'T HIT IT!” But as Torn stopped to give Jak a clear shot, the crocadog-like creature released its grip and dashed off into the darker corners of the cave. Torn looked at his arm, it wasn't bleeding that bad but there was an odd tingling feeling that numbed his limb.

“Come on,” Jak said, “We'd better get that cleaned out or it might fall off…!” They headed back to the car in silence, Torn wrapping the bite in a shred of his scarf, and said nothing on the way back to Haven City on the bus.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

GothDemon on June 19, 2006, 7:56:37 AM

GothDemon on
GothDemonthat is so cool! continued!