Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 9 - The Taylor Family

Shippings include:
Blueshipping (Seto Kaiba X Kisara)
Peachshipping (Yugi Muto X Tea/Anzu Mazaki)
Polarshipping (Joey/Jonouchi X Mai)
Argentshipping (Tristen/Honda X Serenity)
Fianceshipping (Jaden/Judai Yuki X Alexis Rhodes/Asuka Tenjoin)
Faithshipping (Yusei Fudo X Akiza)
Scoopshipping (Jack Atlas X Carly Carmine)
Skyshipping (Yuma X Tori/Kotori)
Fruitshipping (Yuya X Yuzu/Zuzu)

Chapter 9 - The Taylor Family

Chapter 9 - The Taylor Family
A wail can be heard through the baby monitor, much to any parent's discomfort, but what has to be done. Tristen quickly got up from his bed. "I got it…" He yawned through his sentence.
Serenity however, got up as well, wanting to help. "Here, let me help you," She quickly followed her husband to the baby's room, seeing the baby wailing like crazy. Tristen picked up the baby and rocked it slowly.
"What's wrong little guy, do you need….. oh." Tristen smelled the dirty diaper and held the son away from him, already disgusted by the smell. Serenity was looking through the house, panicking.
"We ran out of diapers! Hun can you get more while I try to comfort him?"
Tristen was mentally face palming himself, totally forgot about getting more yesterday from the store while he was out shopping (yes he shops lol. He quickly gave the baby to his wife, and put on a jacket and then out of door. "I'll be out just a sec!"
Tristen went to the closest convenience store hoping that they have diapers, and luckily they did (don't ask).
"Ok," He was literally panting. "How much?" He asked the cashier.
"3,000 yen."
"What!?" Tristen was surprised by the price, grunting to himself, but he didn't mind as he checking his back pocket, only to find it empty. He checked his other pockets. shoot.
He ran out of the store, leaving the cashier confused. He came back home and looked for his wallet, but doesn't know where it is.
"What happened?" The concerned wife panicked when she saw him scurrying through things.
"I can't find my wallet!"
"Here. Use this." She gave him a credit card
"Thank you! Just hold on a little longer," He decided to take his care to find a different store for a cheaper price diapers. He parked and went into the store, finding the same exact diapers for a way cheaper price, and bought it. He got back into his car, apparently he bought an Icee along with the diapers. It was on sale, so he thought, why not? He was speeding a little over the speed limit, but he needs to get home as soon as possible. Until he sees flashing red and blue lights coming from behind. shoot. Again. He pulled over and waited for the cop to come up to him and he rolled down his window.
"Is there a problem officer?"
The man looked at Tristen, then the rest in the interior space of the car, then the Icee.
"You know you have been speeding, right?"
"Yes," Tristen was about to beg. "But I have a baby at home who needs his diaper change so I went to the convenient market to get diapers but I didn't have my wallet so I have to go back home…"
He then rants on his story, the officer however has a slight doubt.
"Get out of the car,"
"What?"
"You heard me!"
Tristen then got out, and the officer pulled out a device. "Blow on it,"
"Wha- you think I'm drunk driving? That's ubsurd-!"
"Just do it,"
Tristen rolled his eyes, and blew on the straw as hard as he could, simply running out of breathe. The officer looked at the number that appeared on the screen.
"Ok, now can I go-?"
"I'm sorry, but I'm gonna have to take you in custody,"
Tristen's eyes went wide open. "Wha-Why? I'm not drunk! That-at thing is wrong!"
The officer then pulled Tristen and put him in his police car.
"Wait! I can call my wife! She can tell ya-"
--
"You were what?!" Serenity shouted over the phone in a mix of shock and gloom, little of anger though, that made Tristen's ears ring like crazy. Even the officer heard the screech.
"Just hear me out, ok?" Serenity then listened. Tristen sighed. "I was just pulled over for speeding and the officer though I was drunk driving! Look you gotta get here and tell him the truth!"
Serenity though for a moment. "Let me talk to the officer,"
Tristen poked his head telling the officer, and so the guy put the phone up to his ear. "Yes, hello?"
"Officer? This is his wife speaking. Look whatever he said is the truth."
"I'm sorry ma'am but the device indicated-"
"I don't care what that thing said!" The baby was then wailing in the background, having the officer feel overwhelmed.
"Look I…. Ah no? …*sigh* ok…." The officer then hung up and gave the phone back to Tristen, and the officer got in his car. "I'll take you to your home."
"Oh god thank you! Thank you so much! Wait…. What did my wife say to convince you?"
The officer sweatdropped and looked Tristen through the front mirror. "Well, let's just say that woman of yours sure knows how to take a no for an answer."
Tristen then got into his car and drove home, having the officer in front of him, sped towards the highway, sirens turned on, making sure Tristen gets home in time.

Note: This one-shot was inspired by the first episode of the family comedy genre show, "Life in Pieces".

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment