Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Chapter 2

What happens when one of Keitaro's American friends comes to visit? Could this mean love for one of the residents?

Chapter 2 - Chapter 2

Chapter 2 - Chapter 2


Author's note: This is a crossover with the Love Hina manga and my personal Abiotic Factor stories. This takes place two years before Keitaro and Naru are married. This is my first fic here so be honest in all post.

Legal Disclaimer: Love Hina is not mine nor are the characters, minus Amadeus, are mine either they belong to Ken Akamatsu. (lucky guy)

Now that that is all out of the way on with the story.........

Unknown Paths:

Ch.2

Later on after things began to settle down, and the group had gathered around the living area to find out about the new arrival.

"Well I guess I should probably explain myself." The man said, "Well where exactly should I begin?"

"I think you should start with your name." Keitaro told him.

"Oh yeah sorry.” he said while slightly chuckling, "My name is Amadeus Gallimus and it's a pleasure to finally meet the girls that Keitaro talked about so much." He said while giving a small bow.

"How do you know Sempai Mr. Gallimus?" Shinobu asked.

"Please just call me either Amadeus or just Deus, and I met Keitaro at a dig site where my company A.R.A.M.A. Inc was completing field test on some new equipment. We usually like to get feedback from the people who are actually going to use it and Seta happened to be one of the best to go to."

"A.R.A.M.A. what's that?" Su asked, "Is it delicious?"

Deus smiled nervously at that, "No A.R.A.M.A. is a company that I started back when I was in high school, and it seems to be doing pretty well. Being as it's one of the world's fastest growing company."

"Yeah I've heard about you. You're considered one of the world's 50 richest men." Kitsune said eyeing him.


"Really? Didn't think I was that rich." He said scratching his head. "Well anyway back to the first question after that I decided to show him around town, and we soon became friends. Then Seta and I decided to teach him some martial arts."

"So you also taught Keitaro?" Motoko asked.

"Yeah he really had a knack for it."

"Well what brings you here?" Mitsumi asked.

"Well I'm here mainly to finish negotiations on opening a new branch out here in Japan, and after that I thought I'd take a couple months of vacation. However, as I was getting ready to leave I remembered that Keitaro had mentioned that he was the landlord of a dormitory close to Tokyo. When I called, he insisted that I stay here instead of renting an apartment. I didn't want to impose, but he insisted that I come here."

As he said that, the girls looked towards Keitaro who was trying to sneak out of the room. He just smiled and began to laugh uneasily as he knew that he was now in the spotlight.

"Oh Keitaro why didn't you tell us about this? Or at least tell me?" Naru asked with that certain gleam in her eye.

He began to laugh sheepishly, “I was going to but it slipped my mind."

"Well see if this jogs your memory!" she yelled while hitting him with her trademark atomic punch, and sending him into the far reaches of the stratosphere.

"Oh-kay" he said slightly shocked by what just happened, and made a rational decision not to end up like Keitaro, "Well I guess I'll be going. Hope I wasn't any burden and sorry about the trouble." and with that he grabbed his bags and headed towards the door.

"Oh please don't go. You can stay here. In fact you can even stay in my room." Kitsune said while blocking his path and grinning at him.

"What?!" Motoko said shocked, “How can you make that choice we don't even know him."

"I don't know. It seems like you two know each other quiet well from the scene we saw earlier." Kitsune said while grinning mischievously at Motoko who just turned a bright shade of red.

"I...I just mean we don't even know if he's a pervert like Keitaro." she retorted while trying to bring the color of her cheeks back to normal.

Amadeus decided that it would be best if he spoke up for himself, "I may be a lot of things but one thing that I am definitely not is a pervert. But she has a point none of you, minus Keitaro, know anything about me. Are you really sure that you'd want me around?"

Of course we're sure." Naru said, "Just call it women's intuition."

"Yeah plus you smell nice." said Kitsune who'd managed to snuggle up a little to close for Amadeus's comfort.

Motoko just glared at her, "Will you stop throwing yourself at him Kitsune."

"Why? Have you already confessed your undying love for him?"

"I do not love him!!" Motoko retorted her face once again red. "I can't even stand to look at him. So to settle this I challenge him to a duel. If he wins I'll allow him to stay, but if I win he goes."

"Now Motoko there's no need to be so mean to him. He hasn't done anything wrong yet." Shinobu pleaded with her.

"Yes he has!" she shot back, "He has disgraced me and he must pay. So will you accept my challenge, and the terms therein?" she said pointing her sword at him.

He stood there for a second and then a small smirk came upon his face, "Sure I accept, might even be fun."

Later as they stood around the patio, the two fighters faced each other. Motoko stood with her sword ready, determination embedded on her face. Meanwhile Amadeus stood casually with his hand in his pockets.

"Aren't you going to ready yourself?" Motoko asked him.

He just grinned at her, "I think I'm pretty ready as is. Are you sure you don't want to give up?"

"I should ask you the same thing." she said returning the smile.

"You know you're very cute when you smile. It fits you well."

She began to blush again.

By this time, Kietaro had returned from the next town, and walked up on the patio to see the scene unfurling.

"What's happening?" Keitaro asked slightly confused.

"Motoko challenged Amadeus to a duel." Naru told him.

"I'm betting on Motoko!" Su said happily.

"What!?!" he yelled in shock, "She can't beat him!"

"Nah you worry too much Kietaro." Kitsune said while sipping her sake.

"Yeah Kei-kun Motoko can handle herself." Mutsumi said while trying to calm him down.

Meanwhile, Motoko had more important things to worry about as she faced Amadeus.

"One last chance to surrender. Cause I won't go easy on you." she warned him.


He just continued to grin, "Give it your best shot."

"Gladly!" she told him as she charged him. Her plan was to end this quickly with a throw. But as she, thrusted trying to throw him, he moved slightly to the right, and the blade went thru the space between his left arm and body. Before she knew it, he had turned his entire body to the right, and catching her off balance. Thus, he succeeded in disarming and throwing her in one move.

The rest of the group was stunned by the sudden outcome. To them it looked like Motoko had tripped and fallen.

"Uh what just happened?" Kitsune asked more than slightly confused.

"I think Motoko lost." Naru said equally stunned, "I guess he stays."

"Oh my. Fu, fu, fu." Mitsumi added confused.

Later that night Amadeus sat on the rail of the patio staring at the starry sky. When he heard someone coming up the steps. He turned to see Motoko walking towards him.

"Yes Miss Aoyama is there something that I can help you with?" he asked her.

She just kept her head down low, and didn't say anything for a few moments. Then she spoke, "I know that you made it look like I had tripped. So that you would not embarrass me more by defeating me in front of my friends. For that I thank you."

He was about to reply when she continued, "But for me I was still defeated, and that leaves me without honor." She knelt on her knees, bowed her head, and placed her sword in front of her at his feet, "So I leave my fate in your hands."

Amadeus stared at her a second and thought about what had happened. Then he walked over to where she was, and knelt down in front of her. He then reached out his hand to her, and gently lifted her face to meet his. He could see the pain in her eyes.

"No your fate is in your own hands. I cannot change that, nor would I ever make anyone do something they didn't want. My only command is that you follow this," he said while placing her hand over her heart, "Learn to listen to what it whispers to you, and once you learn to do that you'll find out that honor is what you make it."

He grabbed her sword and helped her to her feet, and as he handed it to her, he said, "As for my view on honor. Someone once told me honor is not how you died, but how you had lived."

And with that, he walked past her, and headed down the stairs. Motoko just stood there as he left. Then she looked up at the sky as her heart slowly began to beat faster.

_______________________________________________________________

If you've liked it so far please leave a review and if not please tell why. Until next time. Bye


Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment