Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Brewing up Trouble

This is the story on my OC, Najiku. The chapters aren't very long, but oh well.

Chapter 3 - Brewing up Trouble

Chapter 3 - Brewing up Trouble


“I can't help it… It just… happens.” I said between breaths. “Sorry.” I said for no good reason.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a few more sickening cracks from my arm, I was vomiting on the ground from the pain.

“Ewwwwww! Ew ew ew ew ew eww! How gross!” Ritari said in a sickened tone.

I finished vomiting and wiped my mouth on my sleeve.

“That was nasty, Najiku! Why'd you have to nearly barf on me?” she concluded.

“Well, would you rather me actually vomit on you? I held it in for as long as I could, just for you. Be thankful for that.” I retaliated.

“I… well, um… uh…” she stuttered. “Okay, you got me. I suppose I'm a little thankful…” she said, holding up her fingers symbolizing a pea-sized amount.

I merely chuckled at her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Outside, word was going around that Ritari had betrayed the village by bringing a stranger into the village.

“I heard that she brought a werewolf into the village! Either that, or he's a wolf demon. He had the ears and eyes of a wolf, and a scar over his right eye. Ritari really did it this time! We've gotta kill them both!” said one of the villagers in a meeting. Murmurs of agreement were uttered from countless mouths.

“I heard that those ears were doggie ears…” said a small child in disappointment.

“Hush!” said the child's mother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From within the hut, my ears pricked up at the noise. I could hear every word, and my happiness ebbed away, only to be replaced by fear.

I obviously was showing my fear, as Ritari asked what was wrong.

“They found you out, Ritari. I need to leave. It would be best if you came with me.” I said.

There was a shocked expression on her face. “But, Najiku… I'll only slow you down! I can't go… I just can't let you die like this! I just can't!” she said.

“Ritari, if it weren't for you, I wouldn't be here right now. You have to come. Please, Ritari, you have to come with me!” I said.

The human was shocked again. She had a look of astonishment on her face, most likely because I wanted her to come with me so badly.

“Najiku… I'll only get you killed! I don't want that! I want you to live on to be an old, old wolf! Please, don't do this, Najiku!!

“Ritari, would you rather be burned alive? Or perhaps a silver stake ran through your heart? Or, maybe, be dropped into a volcano? Any of those things could happen if you don't come with me.” I said, numbering them off on my fingers as I went.

“Um, well, no, not really!” Ritari said nervously.

“I thought so. Let's go, Ritari.” I said.

“Alright. If you insist.” she said, arms folded.

I grinned. “I insist.”

And so we were off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was running for my life, in my human form, away from the angry villagers. They had captured Ritari and she was screaming at them to let her go. I had to smile inwardly at that. It seemed that she was constantly screaming nowadays, by the sounds of things.

“Shaddup. You'll only make it more painful if you don't.” said the villager tying Ritari up.

“I will never shut up!” Ritari said. Then, she continued screaming.

I suddenly realized that I could save her. All I needed to do was to ignore my pain.

I leapt backwards over about 125 villagers, back to the post where they were tying up Ritari. I transformed back wolf, and, with a brief groan of pain, killed the villager tying Ritari up. After that, I freed Ritari from her binds with a quick snap of my jaws.

“Thanks… I thought I was done for.” Ritari said in relief.

I transformed back human, scooped up Ritari in my one good arm, and jumped back over the confused but angry villagers.

Then, we ran for our lives.

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Baby_Kagomae_Gurl on February 13, 2006, 6:53:27 PM

Baby_Kagomae_Gurl on
Baby_Kagomae_Gurl^_^ Getting really good!

Kupo on January 7, 2006, 3:10:33 AM

Kupo on
Kupoyes yes write more! MORE! this story is so good!

and p.s. sorry it took me a while to come read this chap, i have to share a comp with meh big bro so until today i haven't been on the comp in like a month

kagome325 on December 27, 2005, 11:33:37 PM

kagome325 on
kagome325WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU DAMN PPL
!C!O!M!M!E!N!!T &...
w
r
i
t
e


m
o
r
e
!
!
!
!
!
!