Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Part One

Another Story I wrote..

Chapter 1 - Part One

Chapter 1 - Part One
A slight ringing noise is heard flowing through the older looking, part Roman and Egyptian style house. The ringing is not from a phone, but from a wind chime that is planted up in the middle of an arch side-door that leads to a balcony with a beautiful view. A young girl of about twenty-one lays on top of a bed of raven and crimson silken sheets. Many fluffy matching pillows are randomly caste around her frame, as well as on the floor next to the bed. The bright mid-morning sun shines in onto Regien, the young girl, illuminating her face. She gives off a bit of a groan as she lifts her hand up to shield her eyes from the light. Slowly sitting up in the bed and rubbing her eyes with the backs of her hands, she crawls from the bed, standing upright. Walking forwards she gives off a yawn as she nears her vanity, looking onto the vanity she sees a rose and a note. She picks the rose up delicately by the long thorny stem and holds it, as she smells the sweet flower. Daintily picking the note up from the table’s top as she begins to read it to herself. “Rather than to wake a sleeping angel, I let you sleep. I invite you to go with me, to a castle on Brickwood Road. It is the only house that is out in the middle of the woods; a small trail called Weaving Willows will guide us there. That is if you wish to go with me. I shall be waiting at the Black Snake Inn for your answer.” She smiles at the initials on the letter that are scribbled there, “ST”. She smells the sweet flower once again as she gains a smile on her lips. Knowing the area that he speaks of, but curious as to why he would wish to go there. It is such a long journey to get to Brickwood Road, or at least three hours is long to her. With high expectations of what lies ahead, she goes to her old wooden wardrobe to ready herself for the day. She picks out a pair of black knee-high boots, elbow-length fingerless gloves black tinted sunglass. Then dressing herself in a red spaghetti strap shirt with a see through bodice long sleeves that go down past her fingertips. She pulls on a pair of black pants that fit baggily around her legs. Munching on some grapes and fresh strawberries she drags out a black bag pulling a silky Japanese styled skirt and matching top from the wardrobe, and puts the items into the bag. She gets a pair of black jeans and a matching halter-top, with a white rose painted on the front. Rummaging through the closet she pulls out some more shirts, also a beautiful black dress with a silver dragon woven the fabric from the legs to the neckline.
Walking across the marble floor she goes into the bath, grabbing up her ivory handled hairbrush, along with some other small toiletries. She goes back to her bed, dropping the items into a smaller side compartment of the bag. Clasping her hands together in thought, she begins to look around for what else she may want. She unclasps her hands as she begins to zip the pouches shut.
She turns her back to the bed and walks diagonally towards the marble wall. Extending her right hand she drags her fingertips slowly across the cold marble. A latch being undone can be heard echoing in the walls, as the marble parts. An opening is formed and a winding staircase leading down to another chamber is revealed. She moves onto the well-lighted stairs, slowly descending the click of her heels begins to echo. The squeaking of motorized wheels accompanies her echoes, the marble doors slowly beginning to shut. As she continues down the steps, a small flat area can be seen at the foot of the stairs. Stepping out she looks around the well-illuminated room at the many different types of old swords that are on the walls. Among the swords are daggers, guns, crossbows and many other types of weaponry. Moving forward she looks at two armbands full of daggers snuggly put into the holders, and two katanas sitting on a small stand. Picking up one of the armbands she places it on her left forearm, doing the same with the right. Then taking the katanas from their spot, she turns around, walking towards a hanging black cloak and a belt. She laces the katanas onto one belt, having them rest against her left hip, then grabs the cloak sending it flying through the air. She spins it around, slipping her arms into the armholes and her head through the top. Grabbing the hood with her slender fingers and bringing it to rest upon her head, she heads back up the staircase. The doors move on their own and close. Picking up her bag with her right hand, she turns to leave her room and heads down the large main hallway to the door at the front of her house. Her house is rather far from civilization, and has a few guards around the large iron gate. She walks out the front door, down the stairs onto the pebbly ground. Going to her motorcycle, she puts the sunglasses onto her nose as she latches down her bag. The helmet is decorated with a winged angel. She pulls it securely over her head slips the facemask down, and then adjusts her gloves. Swinging a leg over the seat of the motorcycle, she lets the kickstand up, holding it with her legs, pressing her right foot down onto a little lever as she turns the key and moves the choke. She pushes her foot down as she starts the motorcycle up; the guards go ahead of her and open the iron gate. Putting one foot onto the footrest and the other on the ground, she begins to then move forward, moving her other foot onto the rest as well.
As she drives down between the gates they begin to close after her. She makes a right onto the road as she begins to gain speed, 50, 60, soon going 65. The drive is dull other than the fact of her speed she enjoys the thrill of speeding on a straight road.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment