Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Part Three

Another Story I wrote..

Chapter 3 - Part Three

Chapter 3 - Part Three
She turns the CD player on low, just in case they wish to talk, but not much conversation is exchanged for the next three hours. They reach a huge castle, looking weather beaten from the outside, though there is a light inside. Regien blinks a few times puzzled, as she looks at Tyrant.
“Thought you said that it was abandoned?”
He glanced at her as he put the car into park replying “I did..It’s supposed to be abandoned. Looks like there are going to be other people here with us.”
She groans softly as she places her hand to her head.
Damien moves forwards a bit, grabbing the back of Regien’s seat, speaking “Hey, that light’s gone now..Kinda like it wasn’t ever there.”
They all look up to the window that once had a light there, now with no light, slightly puzzled. Damien hands Regien and Tyrant their bags as he gets out of the car with his own bag slung over his shoulder.
“Well” says Damien, “Looks like we’ll be staying the night here, there’s no civilization for at least a good two hours.”
Regien climbs out of the jeep with her bag in her hand, gripping the hilt of her katanas as she gets out, replying to Damien. “Yeah, guess you’re right…if there’s a bed in there I get it!”
Tyrant takes his bag and his keys as he gets from the jeep, closing and locking the doors as he begins to walk forward, motioning for them to follow him. Tyrant walks up to the door, giving it a good shove. It creaks on the hinges, as it slowly swings open. Regien walks forward to Tyrant, giving him a slight grin as she walks inside first. Finding it rather dark inside. Damien follows Regien bringing out a flashlight as the beam partially lights up the hallway. Tyrant gets inside, closing the door and making sure that it stays secure, he walks forward a bit further than the rest of them, slowly looking around.
The light from outside helps light up the place.
“Alright” says Tyrant “We need to get some light in this place before dark, split up and light any candles you can find.”
The three go on their separate ways as they find random candles. Beginning to light the candles the house takes on a more fierce glow. Tyrant and Damien go upstairs to check out the rooms and to light more candles while Regien finishes the first floor.
Regien moves to the center of the floor as she looks at the stair case yelling up “Hey, you guys find any rooms up there?” She blinks as she gets no reply, walking up the stairs as she begins to look into the rooms “Hey guys?..Come on guys this isn’t funny. Where are you!?”
She stops as she enters into one huge room with a large bed, everything looked so clean and dusted. Dropping her bag onto the floor she begins to look around inside the room. She can hear footsteps across the old floor as she turns around looking at Tyrant and Damien.
“Where were you guys? I called for you and I didn’t get an answer.”
Tyrant replies “Well we found three rooms all made up nice like this, the others are all dusty and dirty though. We won’t have much time to go through all the rooms tonight, so you may want to crash early so we can get a good start with the morning light.”
Damien just stands there; nodding his head to what Tyrant says before speaking “Only thing is, the rooms are pretty far apart from each other. It looks like they had electricity going through this place at one time, I’ll get it up and going tomorrow. But the bath works and everything, which is kind of odd. Also, I can’t find a means to that light that we saw earlier.”
Regien nods her head lightly “Alright, sounds like you boys have handled everything quite well so far. Is there a room we can start on?”
Damien nods as he motions for her to come forward. She walks toward him as Damien leads her to a room right next to Regien’s. “This is the room the strange light came from, it’s a library of some sort, look at all these old texts. I mean most of them aren’t probably any good, unless they are preserved. We can start here tonight.”
Regien looks around the books in awe of how many there actually are. “Wow” she says right out of the blue. “There are tons of books here..Man I’m going to have fun!”
Tyrant chuckles at Regien’s reaction, and she blinks puzzled at him. “You’ve always loved the books Regien, it’s not a surprise you would love this room. I’m sure you’ll spend hours in here tonight, but don’t stay up too late, alright?”
Regien grins a bit, giggling slightly “Oh I never stay up too late, you know that Tyrant.”
Regien dusts off a seat on the floor and sits there, starting to go through the old books and texts. Damien begins to climb the ladder to get to the higher books, testing out the ladder in case it needed repairs so he can do them tonight. Damien breaks through one of the ladder’s steps, almost falling off of the ladder, letting out a slight yelp.
Tyrant speaks up “Be careful Damien, I don’t want to be driving you two hours to take you to the hospital.”
Damien gives Tyrant a bit of a grin as he pulls the ladder down onto the floor, going out of the room and wandering to gather some items. Within about ten minutes Damien returned with some repairing items, he sits down and begins to repair the ladder, checking the other steps.
Regien has a pile of books around her whole body about 5 in all, every single one of them taller than herself. “These texts are amazing, records of old Egyptian hieroglyphics! Also there is Latin and Greek texts as well. These will be wonderful for me to copy and make sales off of!” She gives off a gentle giggle of happiness as Tyrant just looks at her shaking his head. She gathers up a few of the old Egyptian texts and wanders off to her room, telling them something before she leaves the room “I’ll be in my room reading and trying to decipher these if you guy’s need me, alright?”
Tyrant looks at her as she leaves “Alright Regien, we’ll probably turn in soon. This is your alley anyways, once Damien finishes that ladder, we’ll be going to bed as well.”
Damien accidentally smashes his thumb with the hammer, yelping in pain and sucking on his thumb.
Tyrant shakes his head at Damien “How did you ever get this far in life like that..?”
Damien just glares at Tyrant as Regien walks out of the room laughing. She sits on the bed with a thick pad of paper out, opening one of the books as she begins to copy the hieroglyphics down onto her notebook.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment