Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Heart and Sky

What would you do when u have the world agents you? Well that's piratically how it is for Kortoro Misata, an orphan who hasn't even received her Guardian Spirit, and that makes other people wonder if she is even human her self....

Chapter 1 - Heart and Sky

Chapter 1 - Heart and Sky
I watched as Kokoro, a Raven Guardian of Sora's, fly down to the other children playing in the field. I just watched as Sora smiled at Kokoro. All the other kids had there Guardian, but me. I was teased by it because the other kids thought that maybe I wasn't a normal human, some even wondered if i was human. I just ignored what they said to me. I broke my gaze away from the other kids and looked back down at my book.

"Kortana!" I looked up and saw that it was Sora and Kokoro, in his human form, tall and black hair that went over his golden eyes. Sora and Kokoro looked very different from each other. Sora had almost white hair with blue eyes, his hair was cut short and was neat, unlike Kokoro, who's hair hung down a little over his shoulders.

"Hey, Sora, Kokoro." I gave them a small smile. Sora was really the only one wasn't mean to me. He didn't make fun of me just because I didn't have a Guardian, he just told me that it would just time before my guardian found me. I took his words as the truth, but sometimes i wondered if he was just saying that to make me feel better.

"Why are you over here all by your self? Why don't you come and talk to the others?" He asked me. I looked over at the small group that was waiting for Sora and Kokoro to come back and show them more tricks.

"You know why." I said opening my book and started on the last part i had read.

"Kortana, they use to be such good friends to you..."

"Until they found out i didn't have my Guardian."

"But that was how long ago?" He asked me.

"Three years, if I haven't met my Guardian yet then I never will." I said with out looking up at him. There was a quiet moment between us. I waited for him to argue more but someone from the group yelled over to him.

"Hey! Sora! Stop wasting your time with that thing, and come show us some more tricks!" I didn't look up to see who had said it. I didn't have to, they were all the same to me.

I could hear that Sora was about to say something but I stood up and faced Sora. "Go on, your friends are waiting for you." I smiled, my fake little smile. I walked off before Sora or Kokoro could say anything else to me.

I knew that Sora would be shaking his head, turning away, going back to his friends that loved him so much.

I went back to my hut that was just outside of the large town. I loved my hut, no one knew about it but me. I never even told Sora and I was sure that he never tried to see where I lived. I moved away the beads that I used as a door and went over to the sack of feathers that i used as a chair and sat down on it opening up my book.

"Thing," "It" Just a few things that echoed in my head, no clear images, just shadow like things that came with the words. It wasn't like I wasn't use to these dreams. I had them a lot, but something seemed different about them laity and I waited as the name calling and shadows got worst until they started to fade, or more like sucked into a light. But when all the darkness was gone and there was only the light, I woke up.

I stood up and stretched my stiff back and went to the window and saw that the sun was just coming up. "Time for school." I sighed and got ready for the day. I stopped in front of the mirror and looked over myself in it. I looked at one side of my face, the right side, and saw the scratch that i got from being tripped yesterday after school. I looked at my left side, nothing there today. I looked at my always messy hair and fan my fingers threw it. My hair was different from a lot of people, it was white, but the roots always seemed to stay a black like kind of color, just another thing kids made fun of me about.

I grabbed my school books and started for town. The school was about an hour away, but it didn't bother me to walk there, I was use to it. "Kortana! Wait up!" I slowed down and waited for Sora to catch up with me, Kortoro caught my eye, he was flying above us. "Good morning." He smiled.

"Good morning, Sora," I looked up, "Kokoro."

"Morning." He answered flying down and then back up in the sky. I saw that there were other Guardians out this morning, most were flying around, other ground Gaurdians stood near their human.

When Sora and I got to school we saw that the kids were outside playing with there gaurdians, come in there creature form, some in there human form. Some of the kids looked over at Sora and waved to him. Sora waved to them with his friendly smile. Sora stopped walking when his friends went up to him, I walked on pretending like they weren't even there.

"Morning Miss. Kortana." Mr. Hoshi greeted me. He was standing in the one room school near the chalk bored putting down the lesson for the morning. He had his gray suit with his black tie, like always. His black hair was neatly combed back out of his face, but there was always a stray hair that would go over his forehead but he never seemed to notice it. Hoshi smiled at me pushing up his glasses up.

"Morning Mr. Hoshi." I bowed and looked over at Rai, he laying, curled up on the rug next to Hoshi's desk. Rai was a silver Raccoon, he usualy rested on Hoshi's shoulders when he was hyper, Hoshi was the only one in the town that was able to hold Rai on his shoulders, no one else had strong enough shoulders to hold him up. When Rai was in his human form he was a little shorter than Hoshi, he had golden blond hair, it was beautiful in the sun light, as was it when the sun his his dark eyes, but i only saw it a few times.

"Rai, Rai! Wake up, I need you to ring the bell." Hoshi said walking over to Rai. Rai didn't move, he laid there still snoring soundly. We all knew how Rai was when u tried to wake him up.

"Hoshi, I'll ring the bell if that's ok." I asked not looking at him in the eye.

"Ah! That would be great if you did!" He smiled.

I walked pass him into the small room where Rai went into the pull down the rope. It was way too small for any of the kids my age to get in to the small space. I put my arm threw the opening and felt around until I felt the rope and pulled it down. The ring of the bell rang threw my ears, it was so close I never heard it so loud. I backed away after I pulled it down twice and looked over at the door seeing kids rush in.

"Thank you Kortana." Hoshi smiled to me.

"Yes, thank you, I didn't have to squeeze threw that space." I looked over seeing that Rai had woken up, he was stretching and yawning.

Hoshi gave him a glaring look, "I knew that you were just being lazy again." He sighed but said nothing else to him about it.

Most of the kids were inside now, sitting in there seats. I looked for mine and headed for it. My seat was in the back, were students were rarely called on, and i would have rather have it like that.

On my way I could hear the kids whispering to each other and to there Guardians. I ignored them but felt something stop my right foot and I fell forward catching myself with my hands.

"You really don't make anything fun do you?" I looked up and saw that it was Seiichi, Seiichi was from a family that was respected by all in the town, but it was only because his family had some scary looking Guardians, we called them Blood Wolves, there paws and the tip of there ears looked like they were stained with blood, but they also had pitch black wings that looked like they weren't even able to fly, it was like they were attacked by a giant bear or someone had pulled the feathers from there wings. Seiichi's Blood wolf was named Shikon, he had the blood on his paws, wings, ears, and going down his back.

I got up ignoring his words and started for my seat again. I took one more glance at Seiichi and I could tell that he wanted to say something to be but Hoshi calmed him down and started the lesson.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment