Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - The Introduction!

Creative title, no? anyway, this is a story the guys made me write... starring the guys . xD They told me to post it, so, um, enjoy?

Chapter 1 - The Introduction!

Chapter 1 - The Introduction!


Chapter 1



Far in the North Blue, out in the sea where many people never go, there is a very small island called Kaizoku. On the island was an even smaller village, which shared the islands name. The village/island of Kaizoku had a total population of 63. It was a very strange place to grow up indeed. In Year 7 of the Age of Piracy, Kaizoku had the largest number of births in one year in the last twenty years: five.

These five children grew up together, never leaving each other since shortly after they were born. Jasmine Mirasi, daughter of the islands head environmental preservers, Jack and Eliza. Patrick Doogen, son of Doug Doogen, the greatest fisherman on the island. Patrick Farrim, son of Michelle Farrim, the island's animal breeder and vet. Katherine Nareshim, daughter of Joanne, a trusted lady to whom all people went to for advice. And Phillip, who was orphaned shortly after birth.

These five children grew up quite happily on the island. They went to school together, they played together, they did almost everything together. But things began to happen to them, things that made their lives worse and worse.

The first, in the 11th year of Piracy: Patrick D's father passed away, after falling into the ocean and drowning. A horrible blow for the four year old boy, who shortly after began spending most of his time alone, fishing.

The next happened three years later: the death of Patrick F's mother, from falling out of a tree and breaking her back.

Three years after that, some explorers who left the island 10 years ago returned. The five children snuck into their ship while the adults were talking, and found a large stock of different foods. Phillip found a strange golden fruit, which he ate only half of when the children were discovered. The fruit turned out to be a Cursed Fruit the explores had found, and was told that the eater would gain horrible powers. Out of fear of those powers, the ten year old boy was banished from the village, and was chased out to the woods.

After that day, there was a horrible change in the children. No one was as happy again, and all felt empty without their friend. But something else changed in Katherine. Every night, she would go out the shore, and simply stare out to sea, normally for about half an hour. Her friends didn't think much of it, and let her be.

Four years after that, Katherine's mother died. The doctor believed it was from food poisoning. The old mayor of the town, who was good friends with Katherine's mother, adopted Katherine. This made Katherine all the more upset, the people all being incredibly kind to her, only to give her pitying looks when they thought she wasn't looking. After that day, when Katherine went out to the see, her friends saw her do something different. She looked out at sea, and screamed. At nothing in particular, just to let out her emotions.

This she did every day for the next year.

It wasn't until then, when Jasmine's parents died from unknown causes, that Jasmine realized something: There was nothing left for them on Kaizoku. Everything was gone. She had been thinking, lying on her bed, since her parent's funeral. They had no reason the stay.

She slowly got up out of bed, and walked outside. The two Patricks and Katherine told her they'd be at Patrick D's house if she wanted them. She did. She walked down the street, and into the small house near the shore where Patrick D lived.

Inside, the three teenagers were sitting on large chairs around a coffee table. They all looked up as Jasmine came in.

“Doe! Are you okay?” Katherine asked quickly, using her nickname for Jasmine.

“We didn't think you'd come so quickly…” Patrick F said, rather flatly.

Jasmine walked over and sat down on the arm of Katherine's chair. “I've… been thinking. Why do we stay here?” She began, looking down.

“'Cause we live here?” Patrick D guessed.

“Yeah… but… no. There's nothing here for us anymore. I mean… Patrick.” She said, nodding towards Patrick F. “You just sit around bored all day. You don't DO anything.”

“Yeah…” Patrick F said slowly.

“And… other Patrick. You wanna be a great fisherman. But you've already mastered fishing with a rod AND spear, and caught every fish that even comes near this island!”

“Yes. Yes I have.” Patrick D agreed, looking up at the wall of fishing awards behind him.

“And Kaff… it's obvious you want to leave.” Jasmine finished, and Katherine nodded.

“That's true. I hate it here.” Katherine said, not bothering to wonder how she figured that out.

“So we should leave! There's so much out there that we'll never see if we stay any longer!” Jasmine said, looking at her friends and hoping they feel the same way.

“She has some good points there.” Patrick F said. “I mean, remember those explorer guys, and everything they found traveling around? It was amazing!”

“Speaking of which… remember Phillip?” Patrick D said quietly.

There was a brief silence as they all thought about their old friend.

“D'you think… he's still alive?” Patrick F said, even more softly.

“Of course he is! Don't talk stupid!” Katherine snapped.

“Me should go get him, then leave the island!” Jasmine said. “Phillip probably wants to leave more then we do!”

“Alright… I have that little fishing bout we can go in, too!” Patrick D said with a grin.

“Perfect! Then let's go find Phillip.” Patrick F smiled, standing up.



**



The four teenagers had spent a good chunk of their lives going in and out of the forest on Kaizoku, but never very deep. And they knew that would be where they had to go.

Patrick D led the way, holding his fishing spear out in front of him like a sword. Katherine and Patrick F followed closely behind, both who actually had weapons: Katherine had been playing with kamas since she was two years old, and Patrick F had started training with tonfas when he was 13. Jasmine was the only one without a weapon so, feeling rather useless, she followed behind.

“So… how far in is he?” Patrick D asked, smiling nervously over his shoulder.

“Probably pretty darn far.” Katherine replied slowly. “… I don't like it here. Let's hurry.”

“PHIIIIILLIIIIIIP!!” Patrick F screamed. “Where AAAARE YOUUU?!!”

“What are you doing? You'll make wild animals or something attack us.” Jasmine hissed. Patrick F just shrugged, but didn't yell again.

The sudden rustling of leaves made everyone's heart skip a beat.

“See? See? Look what you did, Patrick!” Katherine hissed, glaring at him.

But Patrick F, and Patrick D and Jasmine for that matter, weren't really listening. For out of the bushes had come a large rock, a bit smaller then them themselves. And sitting cross-legged on the rock was the unmistakable figure of Phillip. Unmistakable, because it appeared that their friend hadn't grown at all in the five years.

“Ah, my friends!” Phillip smiled at the four starring teenagers. “You've come at last!” he spoke calmly and happily, but as the rock he sat on lowered itself and he walked towards them, it seemed that a fire burned behind his eyes.

“You've finally come!” He repeated, his mouth starting to twitch. “And it's only been FIVE YEARS!”

His sudden scream was followed by what seemed to be an earthquake. Rocks, all of which were at least as big as the kid's heads, floated up and began flying at the four teens. The Patricks tried to hit the rocks back with their weapons, while Jasmine and Katherine screamed and jumped behind trees.

“YOU LEFT ME HERE FOR DEAD!” Phillip continued, his screaming louder then the sound of smashing rocks.

“FIVE FREAKIN' YEARS! DO YOU KNOW HOW BORED I'VE BEEN?!” At this point, even that Patricks hid behind trees. Phillip, looking much like a child have a tantrum, barely noticed.

“YOU DIDN'T CARE IF I WAS ALIVE OR DEAD!”

“Phillip, that's not true!” Jasmine yelled, a rock missing her head by an inch.

“YOU LET THE TOWN KEEP ME HERE!”

“No we didn't!” Patrick D pleaded.

“Do you have any idea what it's like? To be stuck here, all alone, and the only other people you hear are whispering about the monster that lives in the forest?” Phillip said, slowing down for breath, while the rocks flew faster then ever.

“Phillip, stop it!” Patrick F yelled over the rocks.

“You betrayed me. You have no right to live!” Phillip yelled again. “You -!”

It seemed as though the world suddenly paused. Jasmine dared to peek around the tree she was hiding behind. All the rocks had stopped in mid-flight. Phillip stood, his eyes wide, starring at Katherine, who was standing in front of Phillip, tears pouring from her eyes, her Kama blades an inch from Phillip's neck.

“Phillip, you've got this all wrong! We didn't want you to be stuck here, but there was nothing we could do about it! We all hate it here! That's why we came now: Because we're leaving and want you to come with us!” She sobbed, her arms shaking violently.





“Oh.” Phillip blinked, all the rocks falling to the ground slowly. “Okay. Just let me get my stuff.” He said, turning around. Patrick D, Patrick F, Katherine, and Jasmine all blinked at each other.

“That was easy.” Patrick D commented.

“Don't jinx it.” Patrick F said, as they all walked after Phillip.

“So, I guess you noticed I'm a telekinesis.” Phillip spoke, as pleasant as you'd please. “I realized I could move stuff a bit after I was banished… so the Cursed Fruit rumors are true.”

“Oi, apparently,” Patrick D agreed.

“Man, I am SO sorry that we left you here, man.” Patrick F said. “I mean, we really wanted to come getcha, but we couldn't leave the village…”

“Yeah, the village peeps suck.” Patrick D nodded.

“It's okay… it's really not that bad. I mean, being alone really sucked. But other then that, it was okay.” Phillip said.

“What do you mean, `it was okay'?” Jasmine blinked, but then saw her answer.

In front of them towered an enormous wooden house, seemingly made of logs. Even some, it was huge, and looked very strong.

“Mhs- Bja- Lhe-” Patrick D stammered in a strange tongue. Patrick F swore under his breath. Jasmine just stared.

“This- This is bigger then the town!” Katherine exclaimed, looking up at it.

“How on earth did you make this?” Jasmine asked.

“Um… Telekinesis?” Phillip replied, as a wooden log suddenly lifted off the ground. “Really wasn't that difficult.”

Phillip walked past his speechless friends and went inside the large wooden castle, coming out wearing a cape and gloves, with a backpack over his shoulder.

“Wow. Packing.” Patrick D observed.

“Why didn't we think of that?” Katherine wondered out loud.

“Phillip always was the smart one.” Patrick F pointed out.

Phillip blinked at them. “Whoa. That just… really, really sad.”

“Yes. Yes it is.” Katherine agreed, and they all walked back to the down.



**



After a quick break for packing, the five teenagers met out by Patrick D's house. As he mentioned, he found a small boat beside his house, which would carry about six people.

“Wow. We'll sure sail the seas in that.” Patrick F said sarcastically.

“Just until we buy a really boat.” Patrick D replied flatly.

“A pirate ship!” Katherine squealed.

“Pirates. How fitting.” Phillip blinked.

Jasmine grinned. “I like it. And the sooner we leave, the better.”

“Right on!” Patrick D grinned, pulling the boat into the water. “So long, Kaizoku!”

“We won't miss you! At all!” Patrick F added, jumping in the boat.

“We hate you!” Katherine piped happily, as she helped Jasmine into the boat.

“You suck!” Phillip spat, and the five sailed away from the island, laughing, happy again, for a brief time.




















Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Shearay752 on October 14, 2006, 7:07:20 AM

Shearay752 on
Shearay752interesante

setokaibaslittlesis on October 13, 2006, 7:58:36 AM

setokaibaslittlesis on
setokaibaslittlesisBwaha. This is one of two stories on my favorites list.

Topaz_Dragon on June 17, 2005, 6:21:57 AM

Topaz_Dragon on
Topaz_Dragonawesome! nice and long! and very detailed!!!!!! ONWARD TO THE NEXT CHAPTER!!!!!!! ^^Faves**

Dorky_Otaku_Fan_Girl on June 15, 2005, 7:15:51 AM

Dorky_Otaku_Fan_Girl on
Dorky_Otaku_Fan_Girlheehee^^ me likes!