Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - Enter Steve

Creative title, no? anyway, this is a story the guys made me write... starring the guys . xD They told me to post it, so, um, enjoy?

Chapter 6 - Enter Steve

Chapter 6 - Enter Steve


Chapter 6



The Straw Hat Pirates were still sitting on the ship's deck, talking about their morning, as they were now at a safe distance from the marines in the city.

“I can't believe it. We got dragged away so fast, I didn't get a chance to buy my stuff!” Usopp sighed.

“Blame Phillip. The idiot got us all kicked out.” Patrick D grumbled.

“I think he did the right thing by sticking up for us.” Luffy said, perking up

“My legs hurt from running so much.” Sanji said sadly.

“Stop complaining, Dartboard.” Zoro said, glancing at him.

“Where did you run off to, anyway, Jasmine?” Katherine asked, turning to her friend.

“Um… nowhere.” Jasmine replied slowly.

“It doesn't really matter.” Robin said. “We all got away safely, and that's what matters.”

“And I finally got Katherine and Jasmine clothes.” Nami smiled.

“Did you get us clothes, too?” Patrick F asked.

“… did you want clothes?” Nami blinked at him.

“The girls aren't the only ones who lost their stuff, y'know.” Phillip sighed.

“We should make a list of the stuff we should buy next time.” Chopper suggested.

“That's… logical.” Katherine replied, her mouth twitching into a smile at the little reindeer.

“I'm going to take your new clothes downstairs.” Nami said, standing up and walking below deck.

“So, Luffy, Patrick. What did you do?” Sanji asked, looking from Luffy to Patrick F.

“Actually, I just walked around the town. Luffy was watching the ship.” Patrick F explained with a shrug.

“I got a girlfriend!” Patrick D told them happily.

“We know. You told us.” Phillip said.

“Like, a million times.” Patrick F rolled his eyes at his friend

“And for the last time, the 22-year-old Navy Sergeant who wants to kill Zoro is NOT your girlfriend.” Katherine sighed. “Though I would have given my left thumb to be there to hear your poetry.”

At that moment, Nami stormed up from below deck. “Luffy, where are the beds?”

“I sold them.” Luffy replied simply.

“You sold the beds?” Chopper stared at him.

“And bought hammocks!” Luffy said cheerfully.

“You… replaced the bed with hammocks?” Usopp asked, staring at him.

“Yep! Piratey, huh?” Luffy grinned.

A moment later, Nami, Usopp, Sanji, Chopper, Patrick D, Patrick F, and Katherine were attacking him.

“You IDIOT!” Nami screamed.

“How could you?!” Chopper sobbed.

“I get sick in hammocks!” Patrick F yelled.

“I call the couch.” Zoro announced, walking down under the deck.



**



When everyone had finished beating up Luffy (who, of course, is rubber, so didn't get hurt at all), they all went to their normal daily positions. Zoro went to sleep on the couch. Nami put on a bathing suit and went sun tanning on the deck, after ordering Sanji to pick her oranges. Katherine and Jasmine, surprised to learn that the Going Merry had orange trees, went to help him. Patrick D went fishing, and Patrick F played with the dieing fish. Robin sat down to read her novel, and Luffy went up to the crows nest to look for more land. Usopp sat on the deck to work on his inventions, with Chopper and Phillip watching.

“So, what are you making?” Phillip asked.

“An exploding pebble for my slingshot!” Usopp said proudly, his goggles on as he fiddled with bubbling liquids in test tubes.

“Ohhhhhh neat.” Chopper said. “But you already invented that.”

“Yes, I know. But I'm trying to make the explosion bigger.” Usopp explained.

“Maybe you could just make a bigger pebble, with more explosive stuff inside.” Phillip suggested. Usopp blinked at him.

“You're smart! Good thinking!” Usopp said, patting him on the head. “That'll work, for now.”

“MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!”

“What was that?” Nami said, sitting up.

“You heard it to?” Sanji said, looking around.

“MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!”

“What's going on out here?” Zoro asked, coming from below deck.

“Is that a cow?” Robin asked, closing her book.

“Look! Look!” Luffy cried from the crows nest, pointing. Everyone ran to the side of the ship and leaned over the rail. Floating on a small wooden board sat a very small cow, about half the height of anyone on the ship (except Phillip, who would be the same height).

“MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!” It cried, seeing them.

“How in God's name did a cow get out at sea?” Nami blinked.

“Who cares?! We gotta help it!” Chopper cried.

“I'll get him!” Phillip yelled. He stared, concentrating, at the piece of wood the cow was floating on. The wood floated up, about a meter above the water, before suddenly splashing back down on the water. The cow lost balance and fell off.

“No!” Phillip yelled, looking out at the water. Sanji instantly took off his shoes and jacket, and dove in the water.

“Can he really hold up a cow?” Usopp asked, impressed. Sanji and the cow appeared above the surface, but Sanji, holding the cow above him, was soon pushed back under the water.

“Idiot!” Zoro muttered, jumping in the water, followed by Patrick D and Patrick F. The four of them were able to hold the small cow above the water. Luffy stretched his arms down and pulled them all back up, one by one.

When everyone was safe on the ship, and Jasmine had given everyone a towel, Phillip walked over to the cow.

“I'm sorry.” He said, bowing his head. “That was my fault.”

“Moo.” Said the cow.

“She said that it's okay, and thanks for trying.” Chopper translated. Phillip, with tears in his eyes, stepped over and hugged the cow.

“I'm going to call you… Steve.” He said. There was a silence.

“But it's a girl cow.” Jasmine blinked.

“Steve isn't a girl name.” Luffy added.

“That's wrong.” Sanji nodded.

“Steve.” Phillip repeated, still embracing the cow.

“Moo.” Said the cow.

“She said that she likes it.” Chopper translated.

“What, so we're keeping her?” Usopp asked, looking at Luffy.

“Where else can she go?” Nami replied. “Beside, she's cute!”

“YEEEEAAAAAAAH! My crew has 13 people now!” Luffy cheered.

“That's not a person, Luffy, that's a cow.” Zoro pointed out.

“If Chopper's a person, Steve's a person!” Phillip said, still hugging the cow.

“And Chopper is a person.” Robin said.

“Moo.” Said Steve.

“She says that she likes it at sea, and would like it if the green-haired meanie would let her stay.” Chopper translated.

“Zoro's not a meanie!” Jasmine defended, looking at the cow.

Zoro snorted. “I don't care if she stays or not. Besides, it's not my decision.”

“YAY! STEVE CAN STAY!” Phillip cheered.



**

That night, at diner time, everyone gathered inside for Sanji's meal. Everyone sits down at the table, and Sanji starts passing out plates of steak and vegetables.

“OHHHHHHHH, STEAK!” Luffy cheered, not bothering with a fork and digging in.

“We barely every get anything that's not fish!” Usopp said happily, and Sanji smiled brightly.

“Say, where's Steve?” Phillip asked, looking up from his plate and around the room.

“Who's Steve?” Sanji asked, looking at him blankly.

“Steve the cow.” Phillip answered.

“Um… the cow the was on the ship?” Sanji asked, looking at his plate.

“Yes… wait. You didn't.” Phillip stared at him. Sanji didn't say anything. Everyone looked at their plates.

“STEVE!” Phillip yelled in horror, jumping up. Sanji shoulders had started to shake, but as he looked up at Phillip, and he was laughing. Steve walked out from behind the counter, over to Sanji.

“Steve! You're okay!” Phillip jumped over, hugging her.

“Steve `n I just decided to play a little mind trick with Phillip.” Sanji said, grinning evilly as he pat the cows head.

“You suck.” Phillip said, glaring at Sanji as he sat back down at the table.



**



That night was a strange one. Luffy had sold all the beds, and now all there was were hammocks in the former boys' room. The girls' room was now empty, for storage. There weren't enough hammocks for everyone, only eight in all. Zoro slept on the couch by choice, and Phillip slept on top of Steve, who was a good sized bed for the little guy. Robin didn't like hammocks, so she slept on a chair. And Katherine offered to sleep on the floor, but Sanji would simply not have that, so he ended up sleeping on the ground.

“This is fun!” Katherine grinned, swinging in her hammock.

“Don't do that, you'll hit someone.” Usopp frowned.

“Nah, I won't.” Katherine smiled, who just then rammed into Patrick Fs' hammock, which bumped into Choppers' hammock, who fell out onto Zoro's face.

“Oh. Um… G'night.” Katherine said quickly, turning face down in her hammock.

Zoro mumbled something, lifting Chopper back into his hammock.

“That hurt.” Chopper grumbled.

“Yes, it did.” Zoro agreed flatly. “Now everyone go to bed.”

“But I'm not sleepy.” Luffy frowned, like a seven-year-old might.

“Luffy?”

“Yeah, Zoro?”

“Go to bed before I knock you out.”

“Okay.”

Soon after, though all giggling into their pillows, everyone fell asleep.








Comments

Comments (7)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Shearay752 on October 16, 2006, 8:37:31 AM

Shearay752 on
Shearay752that one day is today and yesterday
wait...that didn't make sense...
oh well...

Shearay752 on July 25, 2006, 10:05:50 AM

Shearay752 on
Shearay752lol
i didn't think it was true when my friend told me about a female cow named steve in a one piece fanfiction
i haven't even read the other chapters and i was lmfao!!!
maybe one day i'll read the whole thing
shea

iluvanime on April 10, 2006, 3:04:16 AM

iluvanime on
iluvanime*hugs stevey* this is like....the 1241489723057157 time i read this.........AND I STILL LOVE IT!!!!*runs wit stevey,sanji,and draging zoro,who's sleeping*

PuNkGuRl14 on October 25, 2005, 10:02:32 AM

PuNkGuRl14 on
PuNkGuRl14YAYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yhey got a cow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! named steve !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wuhooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

MrsRoronoaZoro on August 23, 2005, 10:08:50 AM

MrsRoronoaZoro on
MrsRoronoaZoroWHEEEEEE STEVE!!!!XD I LOVE THE SMALL COW!!!!Luffy is so frickin stupid it's funneh!!!!XD

GothicDancer on August 22, 2005, 9:11:34 AM

GothicDancer on
GothicDancerI love the steak scene. I was laughing pretty hard by that point.

"Green haired meanie." *snickers*

Dorky_Otaku_Fan_Girl on August 22, 2005, 5:14:37 AM

Dorky_Otaku_Fan_Girl on
Dorky_Otaku_Fan_GirlOMG I LOVE STEVE!! XDD That hammck thing reminds me of what happened to me and Val in Quebec, only on swings. She hit me, who swung and hit a tree >.