Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - Snow

Creative title, no? anyway, this is a story the guys made me write... starring the guys . xD They told me to post it, so, um, enjoy?

Chapter 7 - Snow

Chapter 7 - Snow


Chapter 7



Katherine woke up the next morning shivering. She opened her eyes and sat up in her hammock. She noticed she had a thick blanket over her now, but was still very cold. She looked around the room. Jasmine was sleeping in a hammock, and was also covered in a very thick blanket. Otherwise, the room was empty.

“Jaaaaaasmine.” Katherine called lightly, swinging her hammock and poking her friend. “Wake uuuuuuuuuuup.”

“Huh?” Jasmine blinked her eyes open. “Brrrr, it's cold.”

“I know. Let's pray Nami got us winter clothes.” Katherine said, jumping off the hammock.

“That's about all we can do.” Jasmine grinned, sliding off onto the ground.

As it turned out, Nami had chosen clothes for all weather. Jasmine found some jeans she liked and a light blue sweater, and Katherine found a white pair of jeans and a brown sweater. Dressed as well as they pleased, the two girls walked outside.

Everything seemed white at first. It was snowing, and snow was completely covering the ship. Luffy, Patrick F, and Patrick D were making a large snowman on the deck. Sanji and Zoro were shoveling, with Nami watching them carefully, drinking Hot Chocolate. Phillip, Chopper, and Steve were jumping into random piles of snow, which Usopp was making for them. Robin was reading a newspaper, leaning on the rail.

“Katherine! Jasmine! Why don't you have coats on?” Sanji cried, looking at them.

“We don't have coats.” Katherine blinked in reply.

“You didn't buy them coats?” Zoro asked Nami, starring at her blankly. She shrugged.

“I didn't think we'd get to the Grand Line this fast.” She said guiltily.

“We don't have jackets.” Patrick F pointed out.

“We don't even have any other clothes.” Patrick D added.

“But we're fine.” Patrick F said.

Phillip grinned. “I pity you guys.” He was wearing a sweater that was about as long as he was tall.

“Ah, it ain't that cold.” Patrick D, in a T-shirt, said with a smirk.

“Uh-huh! We're totally great.” Patrick F said, shivering.

“You freeze if you want, I could care less. But I won't watch the girls!” Sanji said, putting his coat over Katherine's shoulders. “Seaweed Hair, give Jasmine your jacket.”

“It's kinda way too big for her.” Zoro said slowly, looking down at his long coat.

“Don't make me take it from you.” Sanji said, glaring threateningly.

Zoro laughed. “Oh, I'm terrified.” But he dropped his heavy jacket on Jasmine all the same.

“I'll get you two some Hot Chocolate.” Sanji smiled, and walked off.

Patrick D grabbed his spear, and cast his spear down in the water. “There're lots of fish when it's cold.” He said, grinning.

“Zoro, get back to shoveling.” Nami ordered.

“But the snow's still coming down.” Zoro complained.

“I don't care! Shovel!” Nami yelled, and Zoro picked up his shovel and got back to work.

“Hey… it's cold out here.” Luffy suddenly said, shivering in his vest.

“You just noticed?” Patrick F asked, staring at him.

Just then, Patrick D pulled up his spear. One, rather large fish, was on it. “Oh, great!” Patrick D grinned, pulling the spear towards him. With a sudden wiggle, the fish fell off the spear and back into the water.

“Aww. It got away.” Usopp frowned.

“LIKE HELL IT DID!” Patrick D roared, and jumped into the water.

“Patrick!” Jasmine yelled, running to the side of the ship.

“What is he doing?!” Nami yelled. “Luffy! Pull him back!”

“W-Where is he?” Luffy cried, looking down at the water. “I can't see him.”

“Oh, for Gods' sake.” Zoro grumbled, diving into the water.

“GAH! ZORO!” Chopper yelled.

“They're both gonna drown!” Phillip yelled.

“Moo!” Said Steve.

Zoro's green hair could suddenly be seen above the water, along with Patrick's head.

“Luffy! Pull `em up! Quick!” Usopp yelled, but Luffy had already stretched his arms down. He pulled the two up on deck. Zoro was barely shivering, but Patrick was almost blue. In his hand, he held the fish.

“S-see? I t-told you!” He said, before passing out in the snow.



**



It was a few hours before Patrick D woke up. Chopper had ordered everyone around to help him. He was placed on the couch, with many blankets over him, and a hot water bottle on his forehead. Zoro claimed he was absolutely fine, but Chopper made him take a hot bath for about an hour anyway. And when Chopper's upset, it's not smart to disobey him. Patrick woke up to see in entire crew sitting around, starring at him.

“He's awake!” Usopp cheered.

“AL-RIGHT!” Luffy cheered as well.

“You okay?” Patrick F asked.

“You still cold?” Phillip asked.

“Moo?” Steve asked.

“I'm fine.” Patrick D replied. “Where's my fish?”

“In a bowl of water, in the kitchen.” Katherine replied.

“Oh. Okay.” Patrick D said, satisfied. He attempted to sit up, but was pushed down by a lot of hands,

“You can't get up yet. You're sick.” Chopper said.

“I-I'm fine. A-CHOO!” Patrick D sneezed. “Um… maybe I have a cold. But I'm fine.”

“Stay in bed, or you won't be.” Zoro said.

“Noooo… I want to get up…” Patrick D whined, sitting up.

Chopper sighed. “Sanji?”

Sanji sighed as well, and stepped up onto the couch, and on to Patrick, of course, wearing his hard leather dress shoes.

“What are you doing?” Patrick D wheezed.

“We're not gonna let you move.” Jasmine said. “Sorry Pat.”

“You're standing on my chest! I can't breath!” Patrick D gasped.

“I'll only move if you promise to stay put.” Sanji said.

“No! I don't want to!” Patrick D wheezed.

“Then Sanji'll stand on you for a long, long time.” Chopper said sadly.

“It's for your own good.” Nami said.

“But- But- I have to keep training!” Patrick D managed to say.

“Patrick, if you go out now, you'll get really sick. And then you'll be worse off then now, and wouldn't be able to go out even if you want to.” Zoro said. “Now, Magic Eyebrow, why don't you let him breathe again?”

Sanji stepped off of Patrick, who gasped for breath. “You all suck.” He said, rolling over under the blankets, his back to his friends.

“Perhaps.” Katherine said.

“But we're only thinking of you, buddy.” Patrick F said, patting his friend on the head.

“Now, what are we doing in here? It's snowing outside!” Luffy cheered, running outside with Usopp.

“You want some soup or something?” Katherine asked Patrick D.

“Made by you? I'd die for sure.” He replied.

Katherine laughed. “Okie-Dokie.” She said, walking outside with Jasmine. Phillip, Patrick F, and Steve followed them out.

“Don't try and move. Zoro'll stay here and get you anything if you need it.” Chopper said, as Nami and Robin walked outside.

“Wait… what?” Zoro blinked, and Sanji grinned and patted his shoulder. “See ya.” He said, as he and Chopper left.

Patrick D blinked at Zoro, who sighed at sat down.

“You are an idiot, you know.” Zoro said, glancing at him. Patrick nodded.

“Zoro?” Patrick asked.

“Hm?” Zoro grunted.

“Could you push the couch over to the window? So I can fish out it?” Patrick asked.

“…I don't see why not.” Zoro said with a slight grin, pushing the couch over against the wall, and opening the window.

“Um… can you get my spear too? I don't want Sanji to have to break my ribs.” Patrick continued.

Zoro laughed. “Yeah, I wouldn't either.” He said, walking out on deck.

On the deck, Zoro quickly noticed everyone staring at Luffy and Usopp, who were angrily yelling at each other.

“Do you wanna prove you're a better captain?” Usopp challenged.

“Yeah!' Luffy yelled back.

“Alright then! We'll settle this in the only fit way…”

“A snowball fight!” They both cheered.

Zoro shook his head, picking Patrick's spear off the ground.

“ZORO! Aren't ya gonna help?” Luffy yelled, waving at him.

“Nah. I'd rather… do a lot of other stuff.” Zoro said.

“Ohhh, scared, Seaweed Hair?” Sanji smirked.

“YOU'RE ON!” Zoro yelled.

“Get Patrick too!” Patrick F said.

“But he has to get better.” Chopper frowned.

“But it's a SNOWBALL FIGHT!” Usopp cheered.

“…okay fine. If he wants to.” Chopper said, still frowning.

“YAY!” Patrick D, who was suddenly on deck, cheered.

It didn't take long for the teams to be made. Luffy's team was himself, with Zoro, Jasmine, Patrick D, and Patrick F. Usopp's team was himself, Sanji, Katherine, Phillip, and Chopper. Nami, Robin, and Steve were referees.

By Robin's rules, each team had five minutes to make a fort and as many snowballs as they could. Luffy stretched his arms, and gathered most of the snow on the deck into a large heap, leaving Team Usopp with less snow to work with. Unfortunately, they had an unpleasant surprise when Phillip mad their own snowballs fly at them.

Sanji and Zoro were having at all-out war, chucking snowballs across the ship at each other. Because Zoro had stronger arms, Sanji kicked most of the snowballs back at him. Katherine went over to help Sanji, and Jasmine went to help Zoro, but ended up spending most of the battle hiding behind the two boys for safety.

Chopper turned big to throw, and small to dodge, and was doing quite well at hitting everyone. The Patricks, Luffy, and Usopp were just happily throwing snowballs at people, though trying to stay away from the battle between Zoro and Sanji.

A good two hours later, the battle ended, because Nami was complaining about being hungry, so Sanji ran off to make lunch. Zoro, deciding that he won his battle, left. Then everyone else decided to take a lunch break as well.

“So, who won?” A panting Patrick F asked.

“We did.” Luffy and Usopp said at the same time, then turned glared at each other.

“Moo.” Said Steve.

“She says it's a draw.” Chopper translated.

“I agree.” Said Robin, comfortably still on a lawn chair on the snow.

“So I'm still captain!” Luffy cheered.

“Baaaah.” Usopp groaned.

“Ouch. Tough break, man.” Patrick D said, patting his shoulder.

“Patrick, go back to bed now.” Chopper ordered suddenly.

“B-But why?” Patrick D complained.

“Don't make me make Sanji stand on you.” Chopper threatened, so Patrick D fled down under deck.

The afternoon was spent relaxing. After a morning of snowball fighting, the crew were rather tired of the snow altogether. After each person, in turn, had hot showers, they all sat around inside, talking.

“So, where are we headed next?” Katherine asked, swinging in a hammock.

“I think we're going through the Grand Line again, to go back to the East Blue.” Nami said, sitting on the ground, reading a map.

“Really? Why?” Patrick F asked, sitting on the arm of the couch Patrick D lay on.

“Why can't we just go around and find One Piece while we're in the grand line?” Luffy frowned, sitting crossed-legged on a chair.

“Because we need to stock up.” Robin answered for her, standing near the door.

“And everything costs less in the East Blue, if you didn't notice.” Zoro added, sitting on the ground, and leaning back on the couch.

“I think it's a good idea. I want to see what East Blue looks like.” Jasmine said with a smile.

“It's the weakest sea. Not too interesting.” Usopp said, sitting on the ground near Luffy's feet.

“Aw, so why don't we go to West Blue instead?” Phillip asked, sitting on Steve.

“Because, like our marimo just said, it's cheaper there.” Sanji said.

“So then the things are probably in bad condition or something.” Patrick D pointed out.

“We've all been there.” Chopper pointed out.

“And we were all born there.” Zoro growled.

“Except me.” Sanji pointed out.

“The point is, we're going to East Blue.” Nami finished. “So, I'll see you in the morning.” She said, crawling into a hammock.

“… West Blue would've been cooler…” Patrick F said, jumping over Patrick D and into a hammock.

“Don't complain. Whatever works, works.” Katherine said, lying down in her hammock.

“Um… Jasmine?” Zoro blinked at the girl, who had fallen asleep, and was currently using Zoro's arm as a pillow. “I need my arm back…”

“Don't wake her up, Pickle Head.” Sanji said, lying down on the spot.

Zoro grumbled, but didn't move until a good few minutes later, when Jasmine rolled over, onto the ground. Luffy, already in a hammock, stretched down and pulled the sleeping girl back into a hammock.

“I can't feel anything in my arm.” Zoro complained, moving it around.

“You're such a complainer.” A half-asleep Usopp said.

“What, you want to join me in not feeling an arm? Because I can make that possible.” Zoro threatened, lying down on the ground, since Patrick D was on his bed.

“Cut it out, Zoro.” Luffy said, throwing a pillow at him. “I wanna go to sleep.”

“Most of us already are.” Robin smiled.

“I'm not.” Katherine said, raising her hand.

“Then go to sleep.” Nami grumbled into her pillow.

“'kay.” Katherine said.

For a moment, there was silence, until Luffy suddenly said “Ha, Zoro's sleeping on the floor!” Either no one wanted to dignify that with a response, or they were all asleep, because then, all was quiet.












Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Shearay752 on October 16, 2006, 8:49:59 AM

Shearay752 on
Shearay752man this whole sanji and zoro war is very amusing
so anyways
your freakin story is freakin addictive dangit!!!!
i hope you're happy now

moonlitdemoness09 on August 30, 2005, 4:03:37 AM

moonlitdemoness09 on
moonlitdemoness09uhh...im guessing phillip is short? and he frreaks when ppl call him short. well dont feel bad! im 15 and only 4 ft 10!!!im short as heck too!short ppl unite!

MrsRoronoaZoro on August 29, 2005, 6:06:45 AM

MrsRoronoaZoro on
MrsRoronoaZoroWHEEE!!ZORO'S ANNOYED!!XD YAY MORE STEVE!!XD YAY!!ANOTHER COOL CHAPTER!!XD

Dorky_Otaku_Fan_Girl on August 27, 2005, 5:57:13 AM

Dorky_Otaku_Fan_Girl on
Dorky_Otaku_Fan_GirlYay! Nudder great chappie! ^^