Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - Jasmine's Secret

Creative title, no? anyway, this is a story the guys made me write... starring the guys . xD They told me to post it, so, um, enjoy?

Chapter 8 - Jasmine's Secret

Chapter 8 - Jasmine's Secret


Chapter 8



Jasmine woke up the next morning quite early. She sat up in her hammock, and looked around. Patrick D was still sleeping on the couch, snoring loudly. Katherine, Luffy, Usopp, Nami, Chopper, and Patrick F were all sleeping in their hammocks. Phillip and Steve still slept on the ground. Jasmine turned her head and lay on the pillow again, only to find that she couldn't get back to sleep.

With nothing better to do, Jasmine got up, and walked up on deck, still in her pajamas (which was Luffy's `special' shirt). She was surprised to discover that there was absolutely no snow anywhere. In fact, it was quite warm and sunny outside.

“You're up early.” Somebody suddenly said, and Jasmine spun around in surprise. Zoro was sitting under the mast, lifting two (fairly) normal-sized weights.

“So are you.” Jasmine replied, blinking at him.

“Got me there, I suppose.” He said with a smirk. “But I'm always up at this time. You normally sleep `til nine.”

“What time is it?” Jasmine asked, leaning back on the rail.

There was a pause. “No idea, actually.” Zoro said finally. “I'd guess fairly early.”

“I see.” Jasmine blinked again. “D'you know where we are?”

“Nope. And I don't really care where we go, either. I'm just here for the ride.” Zoro replied. He paused again. “Well. I'm really not very useful, am I?”

Jasmine smiled. “It's alright. I'm gonna go have breakfast.”

“Alright.” Zoro said boredly, and Jasmine walked down to the kitchen. Sanji was cooking at the stove, and Robin was sitting at the table, drinking tea and reading a book.

“Ahhh, good morning!” Sanji said as she entered, turning around and smiling at her. “Do you like bacon and eggs? Or sausages and toast? Or a mix of both? Or all of the above?”

Jasmine took a moment to figure out what he said before answering. “Just bacon and eggs, please.” Jasmine told him, sitting down at the table.

“You're up early. Did you sleep well?” Robin asked her, and she nodded. Why is everyone so nice? She wondered.

Jasmine heard the kitchen door open, and turned her head. Luffy and Patrick F had come in, both of them with half-closed eyes, both hunched forward.

“Good morning, walking dead!” Sanji addressed them cheerfully.

“Bleeeeeeeeeeeeeh.” They both groaned, slowly walking to the table and falling back in chairs.

“Meeeeeeeeeeeeat.” They groaned again, still in unison.

“Yes, yes. I got you both a plate of sausages and bacon.” Sanji sighed, putting a plate of meat in front of them both the boys, who, sleepily, started to eat. Jasmine looking at Sanji, who winked at her with a smile.

“The chef has to know what everyone needs in the morning.” He told her. “Always be prepared.” He smiled, and went back to cooking, but he continued talking, either to Jasmine or to himself. “Luffy needs meat any given moment of the day, and Patrick likes it too. Robin and Nami both like tea in the morning. Usopp wants apple juice when he wakes up, and Chopper usually eats what Usopp's having. Zoro always asks for beer. Personally, I'm a mess without coffee.” He grinned, looking over his shoulder at Jasmine. “Do you have anything I should add to the list?”

“Well, um… uh…” Being questioned like this was actually quite odd for Jasmine. “I like… chocolate milk…” She said slowly. Before she could blink, a glass of chocolate milk was in front of her.

“Heeeey… why don't I get chocolate milk?” Luffy frowned. The meat seemed to have woken him up.

“You never asked.” Sanji shrugged, getting back to work.

“Good morning!” Katherine said, smiling hugely as she walked in the kitchen.

“Good morning, K-chan!” Sanji replied happily. “What would you like for breakfast?”

“K-chan?” Patrick repeated with a snigger.

“S'my nickname.” Katherine replied, rather flatly, as she sat down. “And I'm not really hungry.”

So, are we at the Grand Line?” She continued talking cheerfully. “It's not snowy anymore.”

“Not yet. But weather changed very quickly near it.” Robin said. “It's very strange.”

“Oi, Curly-brow!” Zoro said, walking into the kitchen. “Can I have a beer?”

“You'll die of alcohol poisoning, and I'll laugh at your grave.” Sanji replied, throwing a beer can at him.

“Yeah, but you'll die of lung cancer first, so it's all good.” Zoro shot back, catching the beer.

“He's right. Don't smoke.” Katherine said, walking to the cabinet and taking out Sanji's pack of cigarettes, and throwing it out the window. Sanji's mouth fell open, and his cigarette dropped onto the ground. Katherine quickly picked it up and tossed out as well. There was a very long, awkward silence as everyone stared at Katherine.

“Wh-Why'd you do that?” Sanji cried.

“Because you'll die of lung cancer!” Katherine said in an annoyed tone, like the answer was obvious.

“You- You- UGH!” Sanji threw his arms up, and marched out of the room. Katherine turned back to the others.

“Was that… wrong?” She blinked.

“I dunno.” Usopp said, as he, and the rest of the crew, walking inside (Phillip was still asleep on Steve's back). “Have you ever seen Sanji without a cigarette?”

“He swims with a cigarette in his mouth.” Luffy said.

“But they are unhealthy.” Chopper piped up.

“Oh. I hope he's not mad.” Katherine said, looking down.

“Moo.” Steve said, as he walked in the room, with Phillip still sleeping on his back.

“She says the he'll get over it.” Chopper translated.

“… I guess. Thanks, Steve.” Katherine smiled, and Phillip woke up.

“Geh… oi. Why'm I here?” he blinked, looking around. He noticed the food, and made some fly into his mouth. “Oh well. Food's good.”

“Phillip, you're such a pig.” Patrick D sighed, as he walked over to the stove and stuffed some bacon in his mouth.

The crew started laughing, except Patrick D, who wasn't bright enough to spot the irony, and Katherine, who was still looking at her feet.

“If you're so worried about the stupid chef, go apologize.” Zoro suggested. Katherine nodded, and left the room.

“… Is it safe for Sanji and a young girl to be alone?” Nami suddenly asked.

Everyone was silent for a moment, until Patrick F blinked. “… I dun get it.”

“I want more meat!” Luffy said suddenly.

“Me too!” Patrick F agreed, and the two jumped up.

“SANJI! WE WANT MEAT!” They both screamed at the top of their lungs. Sanji walked back in the kitchen, followed by Katherine.

“Sanji, you're not mad at her, are you?” Jasmine asked.

Sanji shook his head. “Nah. It was for my own good. But I AM mad at you!” He yelled suddenly, kicking Zoro in the head. “You gave her the idea!”

“Oh, you're asking for it.” Zoro growled, pulling out his sword.

“Zoro! Sit down! Sanji! Get us meat!” Luffy ordered, and the two men slowly obeyed.

“So, what's happening today?” Phillip asked.

“You've asked us that every morning so far.” Usopp sighed. “We don't have plans. We just sort of… do stuff.”

“S'al gud.” Patrick F said, mouth full of sausage.

“I'm going to find out where we are.” Nami said, taking her plate and leaving.

“Oh! I have to get back to work!” Usopp yelled, running out of the room, leaving his plate, which Luffy took and cleaned.

“What IS he working on?” Phillip wondered aloud.

“Moo.” Steve replied.

“She says she doesn't know.” Chopper translated.

“Ph mph lphs oph cphh pheph.” Luffy said, through a mouth of food.

“What?” Katherine blinked.

“He said, `He makes lots of cool things.'” Patrick F explained.

“How d'you know?” Patrick D asked.

Patrick F shrugged. “I speak `Meat'.”

There was a silence, and suddenly Jasmine jumped up, her chair falling backwards. Her hands were on her head.

“D-Doey?” Katherine blinked.

“What's wrong?” Robin demanded.

“I- I- I'm fine! Gotta run!” Jasmine said, turning around and running out of the room before anyone could say another word.

Jasmine ran down the hall as fast as she could. Why does this keep happening? I can't control it anymore! She thought, tears forming in her eyes. She ran into the bedroom, and shut and locked the door.

She walked over to the couch, and fell back on it. She sat up again, and looked in the small mirror hanging on the wall. She sighed, seeing the two white cat ears on her head. She stood up and looked behind her, at the fluffy white cat tail that was now a part of her. She lay back down on the couch, and put a pillow over her head. Why me?

At that moment, she could hear footsteps outside the door, and someone knock on it.

“Jasmine?” It was Zoro's voice. “Are you in there?”

“Yes.” Jasmine replied.

“Are you alright?” He asked.

“Yes.” Jasmine replied.

“Can I come in?”

“No.”

“Why not?”

“Because.”

“…okay.” She heard footsteps walking away, and sighed. Only a moment later, she heard lots more footsteps coming back.

“Jasmine, what are you doing?” Luffy's voice asked.

“Nothing!” Jasmine yelled, getting annoyed.

“Why can't we come in?” Chopper asked.

“Because!” Jasmine replied.

“Are you changing or something?” Nami asked.

“Yes.” Jasmine lied, glad to have an excuse.

“Okay. Well, I'm a girl, so I can come in.” Katherine said. “Boys, go away.”

“Okay.” The voices of Patrick D, Patrick F, Phillip, Luffy, Usopp, Sanji, Chopper, and Zoro all replied.

“Katherine, don't!” Jasmine yelled, sitting up.

“I need my hair brush, and it's in there. I'll just be a second.” Katherine explained, and attempted to open the door.

“She locked it?” Patrick F's voice asked.

“Yep. Usopp, do you have a pin or something?” Katherine asked, and a moment later, the unmistakable sound of someone picking a lock could be heard.

“Katherine!” Jasmine cried, but knew her best friend well enough to know that she wasn't going to stop. So, Jasmine leapt behind the couch, just as the door opened.

“Jasmine, please come out.” Katherine said quietly. “Please?”

Jasmine took a deep breath. There really wasn't anything else to do. So, very slowly, she stood up.

The entire crew was in the room, looking at her. Katherine's eyes widened. Patrick D, Patrick F, Phillip, Luffy, and Usopp all fell backwards like they'd been punched. Chopper and Steve both tilted there heads to the side. Sanji flinched, but that was about it. Nami stared, her mouth hanging open. Robin had a small smile on her face. Zoro barely blinked. Jasmine looked at her feet.

“On the day that those sailors came home with all the stuff, and Phillip ate a cursed fruit… I did too. I didn't know what it was, so I didn't show you guys. And when the people found us, I already finished it. So… this is my normal body. I can turn human, or all cat. But lately, I haven't been able to control transforming. And…” Tears began to form in her eyes. Not thinking of anything else to say, she blinked her eyes closed, opened them again, and looked back up. Katherine was starring at her, wide eyed.

“Katherine, don't be freaked. It's-”

“Why didn't you tell me?” Katherine suddenly demanded, tears forming in her eyes. “Why didn't you show us when you ate it? Why would you keep it a secret?”

“Because- Because- Look at me! I'm a freak!” Jasmine exclaimed.

“So, you're calling me a freak?” Phillip asked quietly.

“And Luffy? And Chopper and Robin?” Usopp asked.

“N-No! Of course not!” Jasmine gasped, looking wildly at them all.

“So you ate a cursed fruit. What do you want, you're very own pity party?” Zoro asked, crossing his arms. “Do we think any less of Luffy because he ate one? Or Chopper, or Phillip, or Robin? Why are you so special?”

“I- I-” Jasmine blinked, searching her mind for something to say.

“I see her point. I would have kept my power secret too.” Phillip admitted. “We got banished for it.”

“Maybe. But does she think we'll banish her from the crew?” Zoro asked. “Why should she have kept it from us?”

“We're supposed to trust each other.” Nami said, frowning a bit.

“I do trust you! All of you! I just-” Jasmine started, but was cut off by Luffy.

“I really don't care why you did. Just promise you'll never keep a secret from us again.” He said, and Jasmine nodded. “Good. … I want meat.”

“You always want meat.” Robin laughed, turning around and leaving with Luffy.

“YEAAAAH! I WANT MEAT TOO~~~!” Patrick F cheered, following with Patrick D, Phillip and Steve.

“You're insane, you two.” Sanji smirked, as he and Nami left.

Zoro started to leave, but turned around. He opened his mouth, but then closed it again and left.

Jasmine sat back on the couch, and Katherine plopped down next to her.

“Those are actually pretty cool.” Katherine grinned, poking Jasmine's ear. Jasmine poked her back. In a second, the two girls were giggling and poking each other, all problems forgotten.



**



Patrick F was up on the deck, practicing with his tonfas without enthusiasm. The two he had were very basic tonfas, and he was very bored with them. But currently, that's what he had, so he walked around the deck, doing a form with them.

After a good 20 minutes of this, he got bored and sat down on the spot. He lay down on his back, at looked up at the cloudless sky. It was very calm and peaceful. Patrick yawned and closed his eyes.

He wasn't sure if he fell asleep or not, but he opened his eyes to see Luffy's face staring down at him.

“GAH! Luffy, what are you doing?” Patrick yelped.

“I need to ask you a question.” Luffy replied simply.

“Well, I'm sleeping.”

“Really?”

“Yes.”

“Okay.”

Patrick closed his eyes again, but opened them a moment later, to see Luffy, exactly where he was.

“Now what are you doing?” He asked.

“Waiting for you to wake up.” Luffy replied simply.

“Well, I'm awake now.” Patrick said, grinning a little as he sat up. “What is it?”

“Can I use you're tonfas?” Luffy asked eagerly.

“Do you know how?” Patrick asked, slightly impressed.

“Nope.”

“Have you ever used them before?”

“Nope.”

“Do you know how?”

“Nope.”

“So why do you want to use them?” Patrick asked.

“Because they're really interesting!” Luffy said, grinning hugely.

“Um… okay. I guess.” Patrick shrugged, not knowing at all what he just got himself into.



**



Four hours later, the ship was a total mess. Blade marks were scratched into the wood everywhere. Even the sail had a rip in the bottom of it. All kinds of smashed items and garbage covered the deck, and most of the hallways. The entire crew was inside the kitchen. Luffy sat on a chair, completely tied to it with thick ropes, which he was angrily crewing on. Nami and Zoro were rapping more around him, while Usopp and Chopper ran around, gathering more rope. Sanji was cleaning up the garbage in the kitchen, while Robin's arms helped. Patrick F, Patrick D, Jasmine, Katherine, Phillip, and Steve were sitting at the table, simply staring.

“It's amazing and frightening what Luffy and tonfas can do.” Katherine said.

“I still don't see why throwing stuff at him while he ran helped.” Jasmine said slowly, her cat ears twitching.

“Well, the can of tomato juice tripped him in the end.” Patrick D pointed out.

“Alright,” Nami said, stepping back from the perfectly bound Luffy. “Whose bright idea was it to give Luffy a weapon?”

“Um… me?” Patrick F said, raising his hand. And that's when the world seemed to explode.

“WHY IN GOD'S NAME WOULD YOU GIVE AN IDIOT LIKE LUFFY A WEAPON?! HE CAN'T USE THEM! AND HE'S NOT MATURE ENOUGH TO TRY TO USE THEM PROPERLY, HE'LL JUST TRY AND DESTORY STUFF! SOMEONE COULD HAVE BEEN HURT!” Nami screamed.

“Miss Nami, you don't have to yell…” Sanji said timidly.

“But she has a point.” Robin said. “Luffy doesn't know how to use them.”

“And he DID run into me.” Zoro said. “Now my arm hurts.”

Luffy blinked. “…Nami, did you just call me an idiot?”

Nami groaned, and stormed out of the room.

“… She'll cheer up.” Usopp said.

“Why doesn't everyone go clean up the stuff that was thrown at Luffy around the ship?” Robin suggested, and the five kids stood up.

“Can you untie me?” Luffy asked, as everyone walked out of the kitchen.

“No way. You're dangerous.” Zoro said, grinning and all-too-evil smirk.

And so the Straw Hat Pirates left their captain tied to a chair for the afternoon.














Comments

Comments (6)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Shearay752 on October 16, 2006, 9:05:59 AM

Shearay752 on
Shearay752luffy + tonfas = BRILLIANT IDEA, PATRICK F!!!!
just BRILLIANT!!!!
so anyways
this story is like a freakin drug, man...

Zoro_Fan_Hikari on September 3, 2005, 1:03:30 PM

Zoro_Fan_Hikari on
Zoro_Fan_HikariYAY a chapter all about me even though i read it quite along time ago. ^^ LONG LIVE KITTY PEOPLE!

MrsRoronoaZoro on September 1, 2005, 10:02:18 AM

MrsRoronoaZoro on
MrsRoronoaZoroDON'T WORRY JASMINE I'M HALF CAT TOO!!X3of course in real life i don't and i want them.....oh well TT__TT ANOTHER GOOD CHAPPIE!! WHEEEEE!XD I CAN'T WAIT FOR MORE!

moonlitdemoness09 on September 1, 2005, 7:48:07 AM

moonlitdemoness09 on
moonlitdemoness09im like a mix of phillip and jasmine. im short as heck and i turn into a panther. yay feline-related ppl! ya'll dont know me, but who gives a frock? i love the story!! it gives me a reason not to go suicidal!! *favs (insert freakishly large # here) times*

GothicDancer on September 1, 2005, 7:28:39 AM

GothicDancer on
GothicDancerLotsa more kitties!!

"I speak meat." XD

Dorky_Otaku_Fan_Girl on September 1, 2005, 5:06:51 AM

Dorky_Otaku_Fan_Girl on
Dorky_Otaku_Fan_GirlBleeeeeeeeeeeeeh.”

“Meeeeeeeeeeeeat.” XDDD Sp34k1ng "m34t'! ish aweomse!! ^^ Yay! More cat peoples! ^^