Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 11 - The Grand Line

Creative title, no? anyway, this is a story the guys made me write... starring the guys . xD They told me to post it, so, um, enjoy?

Chapter 11 - The Grand Line

Chapter 11 - The Grand Line


Chapter 11



All the Straw Hats were woken up by Usopp and Sanji, at some unknown time of the night when they'd rather be sleeping. Most of them in a strange, sleepy daze, they marched up on the deck. Even though it was dark, they could see a large rock mountain looming before them.

“Whooooooooooooooooooooooa.” Patricks F and D both gaped.

“So how do we get up it?” A still sleepy Phillip asked.

“We go up the river!” Usopp cried happily.

“Usopp… that's impossible.” Katherine said, in her `talking to a little kid' voice.

“No. Believe us. It's possible.” Zoro grunted.

“The river goes uphill here.” Robin explained.

“Really?” Jasmine blinked.

“THAT'S SO COOL!” Luffy cheered.

“Luffy, you've done this before.” Nami blinked at him. “It shouldn't surprise you so much.”

“Okay, everyone hold on to something.” Sanji said, grabbing on to the rail. Rather shocked by this comment, Katherine and Jasmine jumped over and grabbed the rail. Phillip ran under deck with Steve and Chopper. The Patricks didn't move.

“This'll be AWESOME!” Patrick D exclaimed. Usopp came around and tied the rope attached to the sail around the two of them, then jumped down under deck.

And then they hit the river.

The river went upstream, very, very quickly. The force suddenly jerked the ship, and in a moment they were flying up so fast, it was almost impossible to move.

The Patricks flew back, and were only kept from flying away by the rope. So they hung there, in mid-air. Luffy gleefully jumped up, and flew away in a moment. But his arms stretched out and caught the mast, and he flung himself, laughing, back over to it. Zoro was clinging to the mast, and was trying to pull the Patrick's back in. Using his teeth. Katherine and Jasmine were both clinging to each other and the rail, and Sanji was holding on to the rail, standing over them, so they wouldn't fly away if they let go. Nami was clinging to the rail around her orange trees, with Robin beside her. Chopper, Usopp, Phillip, and Steve were under deck, the force pressing them against the wall.

This lasted for a while. The river got to the top of the mountain, and there the river ended. But the Merry Go did not. It went right on going.

HOLY CRAAAAAAAAP!” Patrick F screamed.

“We're falling!” Katherine shrieked.

“This is fun!” Luffy yelled.

The ship had been thrown right off the mountain top, and quickly started falling down to the ground. The Patricks found they had a wonderful view from where they were being pulled down, though they really couldn't breathe. Zoro had given up trying to pull them in, and now just hung on to the mast. Jasmine and Katherine were alarmed at the fact that they were beginning to rise, but Sanji quickly pushed them back down. Robin sent her arms to help the two hold Jasmine, who was half cat and very light, down on the ship. And Phillip, Usopp, Steve, and Chopper were now stuck to the ceiling.

With a huge splash, the Merry Go landed on the water again. The first bit of sunlight sneaked over the mountains surrounding them.

“Welcome to the Grand Line.” Robin said with a smile.

The Patricks fell back to the ground with a huge THUD.

“Ahhhh gawd.” Patrick F grumbled, sitting up.

“I'm gonna feel that tomorrow.” Patrick D grumbled, sitting up and untying the ropes.

“Suck it up.” Zoro mumbled. “I'm going back to bed.” He announced, walking back under the deck.

“Well, since it's morning, I'll start breakfast.” Sanji smiled, then noticed he had a completely petrified Katherine clinging to his jacket.

“BREAKFAST!” Luffy and Patrick F cheered, running down to the kitchen. Sanji very slowly pulled Katherine off him, gave her a quick smile, and raced down after the boys.

“Hey, is Sanji all better now?” Jasmine asked, standing up and helping Katherine to her feet. “He's not crazy anymore.”

“Hm. I don't know.” Robin smiled. “I hope so. Let's check.” She suggested, walking with Katherine to the kitchen. Jasmine and Nami followed. Patrick D walked down shortly after, clutching his stomach. “Oh god… that rope was tight…”

As soon as everyone had gone under deck, Phillip, Steve, Usopp, and Chopper walked up on deck.

“Wooooooow.” Phillip said in awe, looking around.

“Mooooooooo.” Steve agreed, admiring the scenery.

“It's pretty, isn't it?” Chopper smiled, looking down at the sparkling water. The sun reflected on it quite nicely, making it look clear as crystal.

“So, Phillip.” Usopp asked suddenly. “How exactly do you use your power?”

Phillip blinked at the unexpected question. “Uh… I just… think about the thing I'm moving… direct my power to it, and take control of it.”

“Uh-huh. Can you move yourself?” Usopp continued.

“… No. And nothing really, really big or heavy.” Phillip replied, raising his eyebrows slightly.

“Hmm.” Usopp looked thoughtful. “Alright! Good! See ya later! I gotta get back to work!” Usopp grinned, and ran down under deck.

Phillip blinked at Chopper. “What was that about?”

Chopper shrugged his tiny shoulders. “I'm not sure. Usopp's a strange man. But he's a great warrior of the sea!”

“Really? I thought he was making that up.” Phillip tilted his head to the side.

“Oh, no! It's all too true!” Chopper exclaimed, shaking his head. “He tells me about his adventures all the time! It's truly fascinating.”

“Hm.” Phillip blinked.

“Moo.” Said Steve.

“Steve!” Chopper gasped. “How could you THINK such a thing? Usopp is NOT a liar!” Steve bowed his head in shame. “Oh, don't be sad, Steve. Just don't judge people like that.”

Steve nodding, and Phillip was about to fall over, trying to hold in his laughter. “C'mon, Steve. Let's go see where everyone else went.”

The three companions walked down too the kitchen, where they found Sanji, Luffy, the Patricks, Katherine, Jasmine, and Zoro. Sanji seemed to be better; not talking too fast, not jumping like crazy, only flinching every now and then. He was cooking omelets this morning, with Katherine and Jasmine helping him. Luffy and Patrick D were loudly complaining about the lack of meat in this breakfast, until Sanji put ham, bacon, fish, and beef into their omelets. Zoro was sitting at the table, arms crossed, head back, eyes closed, and snoring loudly.

Chopper walked over to Luffy, but Phillip and Steve, not hungry, walked on. They passed Nami and Robin by Nami's desk, trying to find out where their exact location was. They finally found Usopp, hard at work on deck, at the back of the ship.

“'lo, Usopp.” Phillip said cheerfully.

“GAH! Phillip!” Usopp fell back, quickly gathering whatever it was he had around him. “What are you doing here? Don't you know it's polite to knock before entering?”

“Usopp, you're on the deck.” Phillip pointed out, somewhat confused.

“Yeah… well… keep that in mind for the future!” Usopp said, running off. Phillip and Steve looked at each other.

“What was that?” Phillip blinked.

“Moo.” Steve replied.

“Hm.” Phillip responded, sitting down on the deck. “I wonder what he's doing…”

“Moo.” Said Steve.

“Maybe he just doesn't like me.” Phillip shrugged.

`Moo.” Said Steve.

Phillip smiled at the cow. “Aww, thanks, boy.” The gender confused little boy smiled, patting Steve on the head.



**



Not much happened on the Merry Go for some time. The whole crew was sitting up on deck, looking around at the Grand Line. The day turned out to be quite sunny and warm. At about 2 p.m., Zoro suddenly dove overboard.

“Um… what's he doing?” Jasmine asked, looking over at where Zoro jumped.

“'Zoro fishing'.” Luffy replied in a careless tone.

“What's that?” Patrick F blinked.

“It's where Zoro dives in the water with his sword, swims around, and kills the first thing that annoys him.” Sanji explained. “Pretty stupid, really. But it gets me fish.”

“I get you fish.” Patrick D frowned.

“Yes, you do, and I appreciate it.” Sanji complimented him in a mother-like tone, and Patrick D smiled.

“So, how long until we find an island to stop at or something?” Katherine, who was lying on the ground, asked.

“I think there's an island near us, where we can stop if we need supplies.” Nami replied.

“And we do.” Chopper pointed out.

“I dunno… there're lot's of tough pirates hanging around in the grand line.” Usopp said. “Can the new guys handle it?”

“Are you KIDDING?” Phillip exclaimed.

“You saw us fighting Buggy Pirates! WE KICK BUTT!” Patrick F cheered.

“I think they can handle it.” Robin said with a smile. “They've taken care of themselves until now.”

“And pirates here aren't that tough.” Zoro said lazily.

“Zoro! When'd you get here?” Nami exclaimed.

“A second ago.” Zoro replied. Everyone turned to look at him. He was soaking with water and blood, and a fish about the size of a horse lay next to him.

“That's a huge fish!” Jasmine exclaimed.

“That's an awesome fish!” Patrick D exclaimed

“Ewwwwwwwww Zoro you're all bloody.” Katherine said in disgust.

“Observant girl, aren't you?” Zoro said, in an impressed tone. Katherine glared at him, and he laughed.

“Don't pick on K-chan, Lettuce Hair.” Sanji scowled, walking over and poking the fish with his shoe.

“And you're making the ship all bloody.” Chopper complained. Zoro sighed and walked down under deck.

“I hate it when he makes everything bloody.” Nami frowned.

“Yes, but now we have more food.” Sanji smiled, slinging the giant fish over his shoulder and walking down to the kitchen.

I'll go prepare this for dinner.”

“Is it dinner already?” Luffy asked hopefully.

“It's barely 2:10, Luffy.” Robin told him.

“But I'm huuuuungryyyyyy.” Luffy whined.

“Let's go sneak some food from the kitchen!” Patrick F smiled.

“YAAAAY!” Luffy cheered, and the two boys ran off, leaving the rest of the crew sighing and shaking their heads.



**

Not much happened for the rest of that day. Sanji caught the two food thieves, and taught them both a lesson that they'll most likely forget the next morning. After dinner, the girls (except Steve) went to bed early, to have energy for the next day's visit to the island. The boys, not quite that clever, stayed up later.

“Wow.” Patrick F observed. “Without the girls, everything is so…”

“Peaceful.” Patrick D finished.

“It is nice, to be free of their eternal nagging.” Usopp agreed.

“Don't talk about them like that!” Sanji frowned. “They're great.”

“Hm. But they DO spoil our fun a lot.” Luffy said.

“Oh ya? What would you do that you can't do now with the girls here?” Zoro questioned.

“Hm… have a banana war.” Luffy said.

“Moo?” Steve blinked.

“You know… get bananas and throw them at people.” Luffy explained.

“Yeah. They wouldn't let us do that.” Chopper agreed.

“For many, many good reasons.” Sanji sighed.

“I think that sounds AWESOME!” Patrick F cheered. “They're not here, let's do it!”

“YAY!” Luffy, Patrick D, Phillip, Usopp, and Chopper cheered.

“… I leave now.” Sanji announced, standing up.

“Don't go. This'll be good.” Zoro grinned, staying in his place on the ground.

And so the Banana War began. The boys (except Sanji and Zoro, who had something we like to call `common sense') ran down to the kitchen, and each grabbed a bunch of bananas. Then they ran back on deck, and began chucking them at each other.

Giggling like toddlers, the boys continued the war for some time, running back to the kitchen to get more when they ran out, and continued to get yellowier and stickier. Sanji and Zoro just sat and watched the stupidity.

This continued for a while, until Usopp hit Luffy in the eye. Luffy fell to the ground, clutching his eye.

“AGH THAT'S SO GROSS IT'S IN MY EYE IT'S ALL MUSHY AGH IT HURTS AAGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Luffy screamed, rolling around on the ground.

In a moment, the girls ran up on deck.





“What's going on?” Nami demanded. There was a silence as the girls stared at the yellow mush covering the ship, and their crewmates. Nami stared in horror, Robin blinked, and Katherine and Jasmine were trying not to laugh.

“What are you doing?” Robin asked. All the boys pointed at Luffy, who had stopped screaming and sat up.

“Um… banana war?” Luffy replied slowly.

“…” Nami couldn't even speak.

“Why don't you clean this up?” Robin suggested, and took a still frozen Nami back down under deck.

Very slowly, with heavy hearts, the boys grabbed mops and cleaned up there mess, while Katherine, Jasmine, Zoro, and Sanji stood laughing at them. After that, everyone went to bed.










Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Shearay752 on October 16, 2006, 10:13:01 AM

Shearay752 on
Shearay752ummm...banana...war...
HECK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!
well i must go for now...

Dorky_Otaku_Fan_Girl on September 24, 2005, 6:42:25 AM

Dorky_Otaku_Fan_Girl on
Dorky_Otaku_Fan_GirlBANANA WARR!! I want to have a banana war... O.o

moonlitdemoness09 on September 21, 2005, 10:31:36 AM

moonlitdemoness09 on
moonlitdemoness09HAHAHA!!! i smiled the entire time! ^^ and i wanna join the banana war...this is great! remember to knock before walking into a doorless area. *nods head*

MrsRoronoaZoro on September 20, 2005, 10:51:48 AM

MrsRoronoaZoro on
MrsRoronoaZoroZoro fishing?*sqeal*kills the first thing that annoys him?!?!*normal voice* shoot.....YAY I'M DOOMED!!!XD BANANA WAR!!WHOOT!!!XD