Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Original Play

Eh... I just was required to do this for drama. I didn't want to have to do any acting so... yeah.

Chapter 1 - Original Play

Chapter 1 - Original Play
Jessica: (she sits quite still in her seat as the class begins to leave. As she stands up, the teacher, Mr. Tanner, pulls her aside to talk.) Yes, Mr. Tanner?

Mr. Tanner: Jessica, I have heard about the terrible news of the death of your sister. Is it not rumored that she was murdered?

Narrator 1: Despite the fact that Jessica was a brave and strong individual, she looked down at the floor in fear of crying in front of Mr. Tanner.

Narrator 2: Mr. Tanner was Jessica’s Home room and Trigonometry teacher. Jessica was also his best student and he did not want her to be upset by the passing of her sister.

Jessica: I am not sure what you are implying, Mr. Tanner, but rest assure that her death has no effect on my family whatsoever.

Narrator 1: Of course, this, what Jessica said, was a lie.

Narrator 2: Ever since Jessica’s sister, Melanie, had passed, the Summers family had grown very superstitious, you see.

Narrator 1: They had grown superstitious because she had died in a car crash after dropping a mirror and shattering the glass.

Mr. Tanner: (surprised) Oh, I understand, Jessica. But if you feel you need to let loose some emotions, please feel free to go to the counselor, Ms. Moonshine. As a matter of fact, why don’t you stay after school and talk to her; just so she knows your situation.

Narrator 2: Jessica doubted that Ms. Moonshine wanted to hear her “situation� and decided not to go.

Narrator 1: Mr. Tanner, however, was very precistant and insisted that she go to Ms. Moonshine’s office.

Jessica: Mr. Tanner, I do not wish to go into counseling. If you please excuse me, I’m going to be late for my next class.

Narrator 2: As Jessica turned to leave, the bell rang. She was, in fact, late for her next class.

Mr. Tanner: Very well, Jessica. Have a good day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ At 3:00 P.M. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Narrator 1: Jessica walked home. She went into her room and started to listen to the CD of “American Idiot� by Green Day.

Narrator 2: Jessica turned on “Wake Me Up When September Ends� and cranked the volume up to full blast. It wouldn’t matter because she lived on a huge farm and no one would get home for another couple of hours.

Jessica (singing along with Billie Joe Armstrong):
“Summer has come and passed
The innocent can never last
wake me up when September ends

“like my fathers come to pass
seven years has gone so fast
wake me up when September ends

“here comes the rain again
falling from the stars
drenched in my pain again
becoming who we are–,�

Narrator 1: At that precise moment, Jessica’s mother came home.

Mrs. Summers: Jessica, I’m home!

Narrator 2: Jessica was clueless to why her mother was home so early. She turned off the radio off and came into the living room where her mother was.

Narrator 1: Mrs. Summers was a very kind and gentle lady, but ever since the passing of her eldest daughter, Mrs. Summers seemed ver fragile and worried about her other children.

Jessica: Hi mom! (She runs up and hugs her mom around the waist) What are you doing home so early?

Mrs. Summers: You know perfectly well Jess that today is Mason’s birthday. I came home early to decorate the house for when his friends come over. (She bends down to take some decorations out of a bag she had brought.) Are you going to help, Jess?

Jessica: Sure mom. (She, too, bends down and takes out decorations to start putting them up.)

Narrator 2: As Jessica and Mrs. Summers finished decorating the house, Jessica came to the realization that she had forgotten to get Mason a present.

Jessica: Hey mom, I forgot to get Mason a present. Can I run to the mall real quick and get him something?

Mrs. Summers: Of course, Jess. But watch out for black cats and crack... I don’t want a broken back now, Dear. (Winks in a way to show that she’s kidding.)

Narrator 1: As Jessica walked down the street, she did come across a cute black cat with silky fur and who was skinny as a rail. She had already gotten Mason his present. . .

Narrator 2: . . . which was a Gir plush toy from his favorite tv show, Invader Zim. Jessica looked down at the pathetic little kitty. It looked up at her and gave a pitiful mew.

Narrator 1: Jessica knew that her mother would freak out if she saw a black cat in the house, but the poor thing was starving and she couldn’t help but feel sympathetic for it. Also, there was a snow storm coming soon, and she did not want the kitty to freeze.

Jessica: Aw, come here little kitty. (She beckons the small kitten forward into her arms.) We can’t have you freezing now, can we?

Narrator 2: The kitten walked up to Jessica and started purring and weaving between her legs, happily.

Narrator 1: Jessica looked down at the little kitten and scooped it up, putting it into her book bag. She decided to take the kitty to the local PetsMart to buy some kitty litter and food.

Narrator 2: as she headed home, she saw an unfamiliar car in the driveway. As it turned out, it was her father’s car.

Narrator 1: Jessica was stunned by this. Her father and mother were separated and he had moved away from their small town in Maryland to San Antonio, Texas.

Mrs. Summers: I thank you for the gift, Richard. . . but it’s not necessary for you to come up here.

Richard Summers: I know, Sarah, I know. You don’t want me coming near the kids or anything. . . but I thought. . . just for Mason’s birthday that. . . (he gives Mrs. Summers a gift bag and gets into his car.) You don’t have to tell him who it’s from. (Drives off.)

Jessica: Hey mom! I’m back. (Walks up to their front porch.) Why was dad here? Did he come to give a present to Mason?

Mrs. Summers: Yeah. He said he wanted to give Mason a present for his tenth birthday. It is like a milestone after all. What’s with all the bags, Jess?

Narrator 2: Jessica had nearly forgotten about the little kitten that was curled up in a ball in her book bag. At that precise moment, the kitten jumped out of the pack and mewed at Mrs. Summer’s feet.

Narrator 1: Mrs. Summers looked down at the kitten, and then back up at Jessica, surprised. She then noticed that the logo on the bag Jessica was holding was for PetsMart.

Mrs. Summers: Oh, Jessica. . . I’m not sure if we can keep him. . .

Jessica: Oh mother! Please. He just looks so cute and helpless. . .

Narrator 2: Mrs. Summers looked down pathetically at the poor cat and gave it a small smile.

Mrs. Summers: I suppose it wont hurt. . . we don’t want that kitty food to go to waste now, do we?

Narrator 1: Jessica smiled brightly at this. She had taken kindly to the cat.
Jessica: (runs up and hugs her mom.) Oh thank you so much, mom!

Mrs. Summers: It’ll be a great surprise for Mason!

Jessica: Alright mom! I’ll go show her.

Narrator 2: Jessica ran up to mason and showed him and his friends the kitten. They all began pet it and cuddle it in their arms. Jessica and her mother where both proud of her acts to save the cat and lived happily with it.

Narrator 1: Over the years, the cat stayed with them through thick and thin. It was both a hero and a comfort to the family. It was there when Mr and Mrs Summers got back together, and when Mason got his first girlfriend.

Narrator 2: Yes, over the years. This cat has showed great compassion to his family and caused great sadness in the passing of himself.

Narrator 1: This cat was a great pet. This cat is now buried in the local pet cemetery of Jessica’s hometown. Jessica comes their every day after school, says a prayer, and places a flower on the cat and her sister’s grave.

Narrator 2: As she laid down the flowers and sent her prayers to them, she lay in wake of the memories she spent with them. She will never forget that cat which changed her life forever. . .

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment