Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Prologue

A Variable Geo fanfiction. It follows the events in the life of Naoki Hayami, events which for the most part are neither fortunate nor pleasant. It is long, it is complicated, and it is at times somewhat disturbing--please pay attention to the warnings.

Chapter 1 - Prologue

Chapter 1 - Prologue
Disclaimers: The only characters in this entire story that do not belong to me are Reimi, Washio, Kaori, Miranda, Chiho, the Master, the Prime Minister, and the board of VG directors. EVERYBODY else is my own, including Midori, Reimi’s daughter. The idea of VG itself does not belong to me, but I have expanded and explained it greatly, as is my wont. The opening and closing songs before each part are from the anime.
 
Warnings: This is big! Those of you who haven’t noticed the warnings next to the name, take heed of them here. This is a heavy-duty fanfiction. There is violence, there is sex, there is rape, there is nudity—LOTS of nudity. I try to keep the description under control, but description is my natural forte. If you have issues with wrestling, violence, torture, torment, and/ or gay sex (both consensual and not) then you may have issues with this fanfic.
 
The warnings have been given. Let the fanfic begin!
 
*~*~*~*~*~
 
Prologue[/b]
 [/b]
   After the rather untimely termination of the last Variable Geo tournament (nobody was sure exactly why the tournament had ended without the declaration of a winner—there were rumors about aliens, but that was surely as ridiculous as the rumors that Jahana Reimi’s deceased mother Miranda had had something to do with it,) angry letters from fans and participators of Variable Geo began to pour in from all over the globe. Women said that they had been denied their chance to win ten million dollars and choice real estate and they had entered fair and square (or not) and had fought their way to various points and suffered various indignities and now the tournament was cancelled[/i]?! Men said that VG was the best thing since the Internet and now they had nothing to watch on T.V. Several lesbians said that it was the best kind of job in the world whether you won or lost—the friends you made and the marvels you saw could stay with you for life—and why in hell was the Jahana Company discontinuing it?
   As letters became more and more dire and more and more dangerous (Reimi’s secretary opened one soaked in ether and was knocked out cold for two days) Jahana Reimi—who was very busy with her company and her husband and her five-year old daughter—finally could not take the pressure any more, and six years after the end of the last VG tournament the Jahana Company announced the revival of the sport.
   The first year went perfectly, just as planned. However, slowly at first, a trickle of letters began to come to the Jahana Company asking—why were men not allowed to participate?
   The trickle did not stay a trickle for long. After the second year went by an all-out ocean that made the letters about reviving[/i] Variable Geo look like a swimming pool in comparison came crashing into the Jahana Company. Women said that they were getting very tired both of seeing other women strip and of their husbands watching it and it would serve those same husbands right if there were some hot men in the tournament to make them[/i] become jealous of their wives. Men said that the tournament was sexist and obviously biased against men, and therefore Reimi must be the same way because she was the head of it. Many gay men said that they were jealous of their lesbian friends who got to fight for money and have such a good time, and several more lesbians said that their gay friends were going crazy imagining a VG bout with men instead of women.
   There was no time for the letters to get dangerous. The sheer number of them was so great that Reimi had to give in before the third year of VG was over, simply so that her employees were not swimming around in the great masses of accumulating letters. So at the end of the third VG tournament it was announced that, in the fourth, men would be allowed to participate.
   The world that day went into paroxysms as though in labor. Many of the people who had sent letters to Reimi had never really thought that she would concede to their demand. But Reimi was older now, not quite as robust as she used to be, and fully fed up both with the letters and with her daughter, who was only nine and already wanted to join VG.
   Surprisingly enough, the fourth tournament passed and not one man entered.
   At this Reimi snapped. She forced herself onto every T.V. and radio channel that had any association with VG in any way and passed out a very annoyed message to the globe—if no men entered the stupid tournament than she would recant her earlier decision to let them join! It was bad enough that they had demanded it in the first place but they had and they’d got it and by God they’d better take advantage of it!!!
   Two hundred men signed up that day.
   So the fifth tournament went by, and the year turned, and became a new year. Although having men participate was still looked at askance by some, and was uncomfortable for many, it was slowly becoming integrated into the conception of the sport.
   And so the sixth VG tournament began.
 

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment