Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Chapter 02

Axel is back on his bike and ready for another adventure.

Chapter 2 - Chapter 02

Chapter 2 - Chapter 02
HEARTLESS HUNTER AXEL II:
THE 7 REALMS OF KING RIKU

-Chapter 2: Destiny Islands Part 2-

Demyx stepped forward and bowed. There was a fresh letter in his hand.

“New tidings from Aerith?” Riku asked.

“No, sir,” Demyx replied. “It’s, from King Mickey.”

“What does it say?” Sora asked Riku as Demyx handed him the letter.

Riku opened the letter and read:

“To King Riku. As you know, Sephiroth has recently taken custody of an infant named Kadaj. Not much is known about this child, or why someone like Sephiroth would want to raise an infant. I ask that you send Sora to Radiant Garden and have Leon check it out. Do not ask Cloud. As you know, he has a past history with Sephiroth that makes it impossible for him to conduct an impartial investigation. I ask you to take on this task, because of a reason I have only just become aware of and must inform you of as well. Radiant Garden, as well as five other realms, falls under your dominion. The seven realms which you hold sway over are: Destiny Islands, Radiant Garden, The World That Never Was, Twilight Town, The Twilight World (the one you were in before you finally returned to Destiny Islands), and Castle Oblivion. Please take good care of them. Best wishes, King Mickey.”

Sora’s eyes were wide. “Wow, Riku! You certainly have a lot of subjects.”

“And some of them are Heartless,” Riku realized, thinking of the World That Never Was. “I have the feeling they’re not going to pay too much heed to the idea of a human king.”

“They don’t even respect us Nobodies,” Axel pointed out. “So you’re probably right about that. What about this Sephiroth you speak of. Is he likely to respect your reign over him?”

“Sephiroth is pretty much a lone wolf when it comes to authority figures from what I’ve been told,” Riku recalled. “It was the reason he was never approached by the Organization. I’m surprised you didn’t know that. But then, you were something of a lone wolf, too. So I guess it’s no surprise that they didn’t trust you.”

“Hey, he saved my life,” Sora argued.

“I know,” Riku smiled. “Sorry, Axel. I didn’t mean to imply that you weren’t worthy of our trust.”

“Quite alright,” Axel smiled. “I don’t care if you trust me or not. All I care about is Demyx’s trust.” That was, of course, untrue. Axel did care a great deal about what young King Riku thought of him. He just wasn’t about to admit it.

Riku knew this, but did not press the issue. Instead he turned to Sora.

“Sora, I’ve read King Mickey’s request, and I’ve decided that it is a reasonable request. Demyx, please take a letter.”

Demyx pulled out a pen and paper and nodded that he was ready.

“To King Mickey. Received your letter. I was a bit surprised about the number of Kingdoms under me. I hope I’ll be able to rule them all fairly and give each one the attention it deserves. Putting that aside for now, I will be glad to send Sora to Radiant Garden to investigate Sephiroth’s sudden interest in fatherhood. I will be sending Axel along with him since his loyalty to us has been proven many times over.”

Demyx looked like he wanted to make a protest, but he held it back.

Riku continued. “Demyx seems a little concerned, but I will reassure him that Axel will be fine and that I’m sure that he and Sora will complete their mission safely. Yours in friendship, King Riku.”

Demyx finished the letter and gave it to Riku to sign. Then, he placed it in its carrier and sent it off to Disney Castle.

“Demyx,” Axel said, taking his fiance’s hand. “I’ll be alright. I promise. And I’ll be sure to protect Sora, your majesty,” he added, addressing King Riku.

King Riku nodded. “I have every faith in you, Axel. Your mission begins now. There is no reason to wait. You have your orders. As your King, I expect you to follow them. As your friend, I know you will succeed and have every faith in you. Sora, as your fiancé, I will miss you and will await your return with all of my heart.”

“I’ll come back to you as quickly as I can,” Sora promised, wondering how things would go if he actually met Sephiroth, now that the One-Winged Angel was a father, and doubtlessly a very protective one at that.

“Go safely, Sora,” Riku told him.

“Stay with me, Axel!” Demyx pleaded. “Don’t go! You won’t come back if you go!”

“I have to go,” Axel apologized. “But don’t worry. I will come back. I promise you, Demyx. I will come back.” He stepped off his motorcycle long enough to give Demyx a hug. Then, climbed back on and motioned for Sora to join him.

Then, he turned his motorcycle and sped back down the corridor. As he made his way forward, he opened a dark portal in front of them. The motorcycle reached the portal, sped into it, and was gone.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment