Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Chapter 03

Axel is back on his bike and ready for another adventure.

Chapter 3 - Chapter 03

Chapter 3 - Chapter 03
HEARTLESS HUNTER AXEL II:
THE 7 REALMS OF KING RIKU

-Chapter 3: Radiant Garden Part 1-

A single black wing was wrapped snugly around a small silver-haired infant. Silver hair fell in curtains around the face of the one-winged angel who gazed down at his new son.

“We’ll be alright, Kadaj,” he said. “Cloud cannot touch us now. He will not dare risk the life of an infant, and I’m too powerful for him to defeat at any rate. But come. I do not require food at this time, but you must be hungry.” He pulled a bottle from his supply sack and quietly fed it to the tiny bundle in his arms. He didn’t care what anyone thought of this, though he was certain it would’ve raised Cloud’s eyebrows high enough that they would have been hovering over his head.

“Why do I care so much about you?” He asked Kadaj as the infant drank from its bottle, occasionally making little happy noises. “I suppose I’ll never know, will I? Well, it’s not important. All that matters at this point is that we stick together.”

Just behind the last turn in the canyon that led to the plateau on which Sephiroth now played father to the infant Kadaj, Cloud watched and waited. He didn’t know what Sephiroth was up to, nor why he should take a sudden interest in paternity. All he did know was that the baby was in danger as long as it was in the hands of such a vile demon. He would get the child from the ex-General as soon as Sephiroth’s guard was down.

“I know you’re there, Cloud,” Sephiroth said, not bothering to turn in Cloud’s direction. “Don’t you dare try anything. I’ll stop at nothing to protect my son. I mean that.”

Cloud back his motorcycle up, then turned around and sped off back to Merlin’s house.

When he got there, he saw that Sora was present once again.

“Sephiroth is acting all domestic,” he said, as if he didn’t believe what he was seeing for a minute. “Of course it’s all an act. I doubt for a minute that Sephiroth actually cares about what happens to a baby.”

“King Riku has asked that Leon take over the task of watching Sephiroth,” Sora told Cloud. “With all respect.”

“I’m the more logical choice,” Cloud argued.

“Actually, you’re not,” Axel pointed out. “You have a history with Sephiroth which makes it impossible for you to keep an open mind about the situation.”

“There’s nothing to keep an open mind about,” Cloud snarled. “Sephiroth is pure evil. He has no business playing house with a baby.”

“We don’t know that he’s playing,” Aerith pointed out. “He could be serious. People act very different when dealing with infants. Something tells me that he genuinely care about the child.”

“What do you know of this Kadaj,” Sora asked.

“Only that he came from the Lifestream,” Aerith replied. “Merlin says that he lived before and the name comes from that past life. What interest he holds for Sephiroth we won’t know until Leon completes his investigation.”

“Leon,” Laguna asked. “Are you planning to go?”

“It’s a direct order from the King,” Leon told the older man. “I have no choice.”

“Of course you have a choice,” Sora told him. “Riku will understand if you choose not to go. Sephiroth is very dangerous, and being a protective father will doubtlessly make him more so.”

“No,” Leon shook his head. “I’ll go. I have great respect for King Riku.”

“Thank you,” Sora said, gratefully.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment