Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Chapter 04

Axel is back on his bike and ready for another adventure.

Chapter 4 - Chapter 04

Chapter 4 - Chapter 04
HEARTLESS HUNTER AXEL II:
THE 7 REALMS OF KING RIKU

-Chapter 4: Radiant Garden Part 2-

“What happens if Sephiroth is serious about being a father?” Sora wondered aloud.

“He’s not serious,” Cloud insisted. “The whole thing is nothing but a cruel joke. He cares about as much about the infant as I currently care about him.”

“You have a serious issue with putting the past aside, don’t you?” Axel asked.

“You try forgiving someone who burned down your entire home town.”

“Must you constantly remind me that he was a fire-user like me?” Axel complained.

“He was nothing like you,” Cloud assured him. “You’re not cruel or selfish.”

“I can be if I want to,” Axel pointed out. “And so can you. You’re being that way right now.”

“By trying to save a baby from Sephiroth?”

“What if Sephiroth is the best choice for him as a parent?” Axel asked, taking the part of devil’s advocate.

“Best choice?! How the heck can Sephiroth be the best choice?”

“Did it ever occur to you that this Kadaj may have talents that only Sephiroth can understand?” Axel asked.

“If he turns out to be a fire-mage, I’ll give custody to you.”

“I already have my hands full with Demyx and my own offspring,” Axel explained. “I don’t need another mouth to feed at this time.”

“You would give custody of a child to someone like Sephiroth?” Cloud demanded.

“Take it from someone who knows personally, even a Nobody has strong feelings when it comes to protecting their own child.”

Cloud headed for the door.

“Where are you going?” Aerith asked.

“To see what Sephiroth is up to.” Cloud replied as he walked through the door and let it close behind him.

“Axel,” Sora began.

“I’m on it,” Axel nodded, following Cloud out the door and climbing onto his own motorcycle to continue the pursuit, increasing speed to catch up with the blond.

“Stop following me,” Cloud said, after a while.

“No can do,” Axel told him. “Sora sent me to keep an eye on you.”

“Fine,” Cloud said, huffily. “But keep out of my way.”

“Can’t do that either.” Axel shrugged. “I have my orders. And you don’t want to know what I can do if I’m pushed. So behave yourself.”

Cloud glared at Axel. And Axel glared right back, refusing to be cowed by the spiky-haired swordsman.

After a while, they mutually backed down, each one bearing a grudging respect for the other.

“We should be watching Sephiroth, not squabbling,” Cloud decided. “We have a baby to protect.”

Axel followed Cloud to the plateau where Sephiroth was currently sitting down and holding little Kadaj.

“Looks serious to me,” Axel told him. He turned to Leon who had been there for some time. “What’s he been up to?”

“Feeding, cuddling, and changing diapers,” Leon reported.

Cloud shook his head. “He’s got you all believing that he cares about Kadaj,” he said. “I don’t care how many diapers he changes. He’ll never make me believe it.”

“Well, I can’t believe anyone who wasn’t serious about raising a baby would actually change a diaper,” Leon argued. “I wouldn’t.”

“How does Kadaj seem?” Axel asked.

“He’s fine,” Leon replied. “He seems very happy.”

“Looks like Sephiroth is being a good father,” Axel decided.

“Sephiroth is good at deceiving people,” Cloud warned them.

“Let’s not assume anything until we know what’s going on,” Leon suggested. “Sephiroth may have a reason for wishing to raise an infant.”

“Such as?” Cloud asked, wondering why he was even entertaining such an idea.

“Maybe he wants an heir?” Axel offered.

Cloud heard a strange sound and looked in the direction it was coming from.

Out on the plateau, Sephiroth was singing a quiet lullaby to Kadaj.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment