Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Chapter 05

Axel is back on his bike and ready for another adventure.

Chapter 5 - Chapter 05

Chapter 5 - Chapter 05
HEARTLESS HUNTER AXEL II:
THE 7 REALMS OF KING RIKU

-Chapter 5: Radiant Garden Part 3-

Sora paced Merlin’s floor as he waited for news of Cloud and Sephiroth. Both of them were a handful and he wasn’t sure which one he was more concerned about.

“Pacing won’t help,” Laguna offered. “You may as well sit down and relax until they get back. Or go and see for yourself.”

Sora nodded. “You’re right,” he said. “Why didn’t I think of that in the first place? I should be there keeping an eye on Cloud. I shouldn’t have sent Axel.”

“You don’t trust Axel?” Aerith asked.

“I trust him,” Sora told her. “I just…”

“If you trust Axel,” Laguna told him, “then stop pacing and let him do his job.”

“Have you ever had experience with keeping an eye on people?”

“I was President of Esthar before my world was destroyed by the Heartless.” Laguna replied. “It was the largest country there. So the answer to your question is ‘yes’.”

“How well do you know Leon?” Sora asked, deciding to try and relax for a bit.

“Better than most,” Laguna smiled. “He spent a little time in my head when I was a Galbadian Soldier.”

“Huh?” Sora blinked.

“It’s a long story,” Laguna shrugged. “There’s also another reason, but I’m not ready to tell it yet.”

Sora nodded understandingly and turned to Aerith.

“Do you think Sephiroth is being serious?” he asked.

“Something tells me he is,” Aerith decided. “I’m not sure why I believe it, but I do.”

Sora took a deep breath and let it back out. “I wonder what a child raised by Sephiroth will turn out like.”


“We’ll just have to wait and see,” Laguna decided.
“I’m going to go retrieve them,” Sora told them. “It’s getting a bit late.”

“I don’t think they’ll appreciate a curfew from someone who’s a bit younger than they are.” Laguna offered. “Let them be. They’ll come home when they’re hungry.”

“I doubt it,” Yuffie spoke up. “Cloud is obsessed with Sephiroth to the point of starvation. And I have the feeling that Axel won’t abandon his mission.”

“That still leaves Leon,” Sora shrugged. “He has no reason to stay and watch.”

“My son would never abandon an assignment without being called back in,” Laguna blurted out, unintentionally giving out his secret.

“Your son?!” the rest of the room exclaimed.

Laguna covered his mouth in horror for a moment. Then in a panic he begged: “Please don’t tell him! I’m not ready to let him know yet!”

“Don’t worry,” Aerith reassured him. “Your secret’s safe with us, right?”

Everyone else nodded, except for Yuffie.

“Yuffie…” Aerith prompted.

“Right,” Yuffie sighed. “I won’t breathe a word. Ninja’s honor.”

“Thank you,” Laguna sighed in relief.

It wasn’t much later that Leon, Axel, and Cloud finally returned home.

“I wish he would show his hand,” Cloud sounded exasperated. “I’ve got better things to do than watch Sephiroth play ‘daddy’.”

“Maybe he’s already showing it?” Sora offered.

“He did change some diapers,” Leon offered.

Yuffie snickered at this. Obviously the idea of the former General involved in such a messy domestic task amused her, as it did Aerith who was also laughing softly.

“Well, it sounds to me like Sephiroth is very serious about being a father,” Sora decided. “Until there is new evidence to the contrary, I see no reason not to let him retain custody of Kadaj.”

“Are you out of your mind?” Cloud demanded. “There’s no way he’s being serious. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. I don’t care how many diapers he changes or how many bottles he prepares. He’s dangerous. Don’t you get it? This is Sephiroth we’re talking about.”

“We understand,” Aerith said.

“So we’re just going to wait until he kills the kid?” Cloud demanded.

“If he was going to kill Kadaj, I don’t think he’d bother feeding him.” Axel pointed out.

Cloud shook his head. “Somehow, I doubt he’s decided to suddenly settle down and raise a family. I mean what’s next? A wife? Who would have him anyhow?”

“As I recall there was a time when you would,” Tifa offered from the doorway.

“Well, he cured me of that notion when he destroyed my home,” Cloud said, pointedly.

“Maleficent might have him,” Aerith offered.

“Now I feel even sorrier for Kadaj,” Cloud sighed, shaking his head.

“Maleficent’s alive?” Sora asked in amazement.

Cloud nodded. “She’s changed a bit. Seems less evil somehow. But she’s still a bit of a…”

“Cloud!” Aerith scolded, cutting him off before he could finish his sentence. “She claims that she was inspired by Riku’s ascent from the darkness. She figured if a simple boy could pull off such a feat, then so could she.”

“I’m glad,” Sora smiled. “She did seem a lot nicer when I last saw her.”

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment