Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - chapter 08

Axel is back on his bike and ready for another adventure.

Chapter 8 - chapter 08

Chapter 8 - chapter 08
HEARTLESS HUNTER AXEL II:
THE 7 REALMS OF KING RIKU
(A/N: Seraphine appears courtesy of Saveena-001.)


-Chapter 8: To Rekindle The Flame-

Seraphine rushed over to Axel and tried to revive him. But the drenched fire mage did not respond to her words, or to being shaken by her. Worried, she summoned the castle physician.

“It doesn’t look too good,” the doctor said, once Axel was abed. “Unless we can rekindle his inner flame somehow, Axel will die.”

“Couldn’t we just set him on fire or something?” Kajihana asked.

“It doesn’t work that way,” the doctor told her.

“Then why did the rain Demyx caused do this?”

“The kind of rain that Demyx, or any water mage, creates is not the same as that which falls from the sky during a normal storm,” the doctor explained. “It’s more like the spirit of rain. It has an ethereal quality that can permeate a person’s inner being. Not just their skin.”

“And that’s what made papa sick?” Kajihana asked.

The doctor nodded. “I’m afraid so.”

Kajihana felt torn. She liked Demyx a lot. But she loved her papa, and Demyx had made him sick.

With tears in her eyes, she rushed to find Demyx, hoping she could talk him into at least visiting Axel at his sickbed.

She found Demyx in the castle garden sitting on a stone bench and staring, distractedly, at a flower.

“Papa is dying,” she told him, with tears in her eyes. “Please, Demy. Please help him. Don’t let my papa die!”

Demyx leapt to his feet. “Take me to him!” he cried out.

Kajihana led the way to the castle infirmary and into the room where Axel was resting.

“Axel!” Demyx cried out in alarm. “Axel, I’m sorry. Come on! You’re going to be alright.”

“No,” the doctor shook his head. “He’s not. Unless we can rekindle his inner flame somehow, he will die in two days.”

“How do we cure him?” Demyx asked. “Please? There must be some way.”

“We have to find ethereal flame. Only that can save him,” the doctor explained. “You must find a world where it exists.”

“I’ll ask the King,” Demyx decided as he left the room and made his way to the throne room.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment