Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 9 - Chapter 09

Axel is back on his bike and ready for another adventure.

Chapter 9 - Chapter 09

Chapter 9 - Chapter 09
HEARTLESS HUNTER AXEL II:
THE 7 REALMS OF KING RIKU
(A/N: Seraphine appears courtesy of Saveena-001.)


-Chapter 9:

King Riku was in the castle library looking over Ansem’s old notes when Demyx approached him.

“I’ve done something horrible,” Demyx confessed. “Because of me Axel is going to die unless I can find ethereal flame. Trouble is, I don’t know where to look. I don’t want to go to the Underworld. Something in my heart tells me that even if there is ethereal flame there, it would enslave Axel to Hades, and I’d rather have Axel dead than suffer such a fate.”

Riku considered the matter. “No,” he agreed. “The Underworld is not the place to look. I’ve only been King of my worlds for a short time, so I don’t know which places might have it. Let me ask King Mickey.”

Riku closed his eyes and reached out to his friend.

~Your majesty,~ he thought, ~I need to know which of the worlds I have sovereignty over contains ethereal fire. Axel has been injured and his inner flame needs to be rekindled soon.~

There was a long silence before King Mickey finally replied.

~There is a small island off the coast of Destiny Islands,~ he told Riku. ~There you will find the remnants of a small tribe of elementalists.~

~The Kajizuko,~ Riku remembered from his schooling. ~But I thought they were extinct.~

~Then you don’t know.~

~Know what?~ Riku asked. ~Nobody’s ever seen a Kajizuko. They pretty much keep to themselves.~

~But you have seen one,~ King Mickey told him.

~Who?~ Riku asked.

~Axel.~

~Of course!~ Riku exclaimed. ~I should have known! I assume then that his marks are of a tribal nature?~

~He received them at his coming of age ceremony just before he became a Nobody.~

~What happened to the rest of the tribe?~

~Axel was hunting at the time, so the Heartless never found the rest of his people.~ King Mickey explained.

~I’ll let Demyx know,~ King Riku told King Mickey. ~Thank you.~

Demyx watched restlessly as Riku sat there with his eyes closed. When King Riku finally opened his eyes, he felt a moment of relief.

“I hope you have good news for me,” he said.

“I believe I do,” Riku told him. “You can find the ethereal fire on this world, on an unnamed island just off the coast of Destiny Islands. There you will find a group of people called the Kajizuko. You might be interested to know that they are Axel’s tribe.”

Demyx nodded, quietly. “Thank you,” he said, gratefully.

“You‘ll find the island off the Southern Coast,” Riku told him. “Hurry. You don’t have much time.”

Demyx took a deep breath, then turned and left for the coast. When he got there, he spotted the island in question. He steeled himself for the journey, then opened a dark portal and made his way to the unnamed island.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment