Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 11 - Chapter 11

Axel is back on his bike and ready for another adventure.

Chapter 11 - Chapter 11

Chapter 11 - Chapter 11
HEARTLESS HUNTER AXEL II:
THE 7 REALMS OF KING RIKU
(A/N: Seraphine appears courtesy of Saveena-001.)


-Chapter 11: Test Of The Water Mage-

“My name is Kasai,” the tribesman told Demyx.

“You and your son have the same marks,” Demyx noticed.

“They are bestowed upon the members of my family when they reach adulthood.” Kasai told the water mage. “You said earlier that my son was dying. You also said he needed ethereal flame to survive. Do you know what ethereal flame does to a human being?”

“Your son isn’t exactly human anymore,” Demyx explained. “He’s a fire mage.”

Kasai smiled grimly. “What weapon does he wield?” he asked, showing Demyx a long dagger which had signs of having been alit many times.

“Chakrams,” Demyx replied.

“Come, let me show you something.”

Kasai led Demyx down a long passage through the woods until they reached a clearing wherein sat a temple. He motioned for Demyx to follow him inside.

There in the middle of the temple, stood a statue of a man. He had waist-length hair fanned out like flames and marks like flames framing the sides of his eyes. In his hands was a pair of chakrams identical to the ones that Axel favored.

“His name is Kajikaze,” Kasai told Demyx. “The legends say that he was the first of the Kajizuko tribe. He ascended to godhood because of his courage and loyalty, and it was he who provided the tribe with the ethereal flame. It was he who ascribed to us our rite of passage and the tests we give to those who seek to attain the flame.”

“And I must pass this test or Axel will die.” Demyx realized. “His inner flame is fading. I can’t let it go out.”

“You care for my son,” Kasai guessed correctly. He stood there for a moment, and Demyx worried that he had decided that Axel wasn’t worthy of saving. Finally, Kasai spoke. “I can’t say I approve of such… relationships. But I do care about Axel. So for his sake, I will recommend to the elders that you be allowed to undergo the test.”

“Thank you,” Demyx said, gratefully.

“Come, then,” Kasai said as he led Demyx from the temple and back to the Kajizuko village.

Demyx followed the older man until they reached the village.

He marveled at the small village, which consisted mainly of small stone houses arranged in a circle. He watched a weaver woman at work for a moment, impressed by the patterns she created in her craft.

Nearby, a man sharpened daggers with a smooth stone. He looked up at Demyx with a stare of mild distrust.

“You’re a stranger here,” Kasai explained. “Our people don’t meet a lot of outsiders, so we’re not inclined to trust them.”

He led Demyx to a man who bore the same eye marks as those of the statue.

“This is Hisochi, our tribal elder.” He said. He bowed before Hisochi then spoke.

“My elder,” he said, quietly. “Axel has been given the Chakrams. But he is ill. This young man has come to acquire the ethereal flame to cure him.”

“Will you undergo our test?” Hisochi asked, sternly.

“Whatever it takes to save Axel,” Demyx vowed.

“Then rest up. The test is rather grueling. It will take all of your strength and courage.”

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment